IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Need help with ISC Wind Deflector

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-15, 08:31 AM
texasjohn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with ISC Wind Deflector

Hi all, I have owned 4 Lexus cars now and recently bought my wife an ISC and we have the wind deflector now but I have no idea how to take the caps off where the rods go without breaking them and forcing the caps out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

John
Old 04-25-15, 02:19 PM
twleblanc
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi John,
You may have missed TomDac's post in the other thread about the installation kit that is needed: PT933-53100-WS which you can get from your local Lexus dealer or check eBay since Sewell has closed its online store.

The plugs get replaced by the round plastic receivers that come in the kit so the only way to get the plugs out may be to destroy them.

The kit contains two sets of these receivers (a pair of black and a pair of alabaster to match your interior) and the headrest receivers that accept the folding blades on the rear of the screen. More about those can be found on this post: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-c/657002-what-the-hell-is-this.html
Old 04-25-15, 02:35 PM
texasjohn
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply and I did see that one and I have the kit with the new plugs but I have tried to pry the plugs out with no success. Can not find anything on how to take them out. Might have to go up to Lexus John
Old 04-25-15, 04:15 PM
twleblanc
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought I read the installation procedures at one point but now Sewell's site is down...

Is the plug part of the molded panel? If it is, I think a hammer and punch are needed or maybe a rotary tool.

If it is a plug, poking a pick through it and then using a curved pick or even a corkscrew to pull it out might work.

I hope someone who as done it will chime in for you.
Old 04-25-15, 07:20 PM
texasjohn
Driver School Candidate

It seems to be a plug that is not part of the body but hat would come out and be replaced with the others
Old 04-27-15, 08:00 AM
TomDac
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I used a butter knife to gently pry the plugs out. They are not locked in or anything, just in there pretty snug.
The following 2 users liked this post by TomDac:
Tmymck (06-23-19), twleblanc (07-17-23)
Old 06-20-19, 06:34 AM
spineman
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Hello,
I just purchased my ISC and it came with a deflector, but no one at the dealer had a clue on how to install it. It does not seem to have the headrest clips, or even a place to attach the clips onto the screen as I see in others pics. Any help would be appreciated. It seems as tho they just pushed into the back seats, which is why there is indentation on the leather now
Old 06-21-19, 10:05 AM
Carverlvr
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a hardware kit you can get from the dealer that has the headrest receivers and the plastic and metal sleeves if those were not already in there. Not a huge difference from just shoving the rubber arms under the headrest but a cleaner look and no marks on the leather as you mentioned. I think I paid $75 for the kit. My car had never had the windscreen so had to start from scratch.
The following users liked this post:
twleblanc (07-17-23)
Old 06-23-19, 01:53 PM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I used a spoon. They are tight but will pop out
twleblanc (07-17-23)
Old 06-24-19, 08:33 AM
spineman
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Carverlvr
There is a hardware kit you can get from the dealer that has the headrest receivers and the plastic and metal sleeves if those were not already in there. Not a huge difference from just shoving the rubber arms under the headrest but a cleaner look and no marks on the leather as you mentioned. I think I paid $75 for the kit. My car had never had the windscreen so had to start from scratch.
Thank you so much for the help. I thought mine was defective...lol Here is the official Lexus part #
  • PT933-53100-WS

Old 06-24-19, 08:49 AM
spineman
Pit Crew

Before I order though, do the folding blades come with this kit, as they are not on my windscreen. I can't seem to find a parts diagram for the hardware kit.
Old 06-26-19, 06:04 PM
Carverlvr
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure what you mean. The blades are built onto the oem wind deflector and simply slide into the headrest receiver parts from the hardware kit. Sorry I’m not home to grab a pic for you.
Old 06-26-19, 09:38 PM
ed21x
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

it would actually be cheaper if you buy the hardware separately rather than the whole set. You only need to buy the plugs and the headrest receiver.
Buck6197 (07-14-23)
Old 06-26-19, 09:44 PM
ed21x
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by spineman
Before I order though, do the folding blades come with this kit, as they are not on my windscreen. I can't seem to find a parts diagram for the hardware kit.

you mean the blades that fold out from the windscreen and go into the headrest receiver? that part is definitely integrated into the windscreen...
Old 06-27-19, 05:20 PM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

All I needed was the plugs part number PT933-53100-02. These are the replacement plugs for windscreen. The part that flips in the back are made on to the screen

Quick Reply: Need help with ISC Wind Deflector