IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Reactions to the IS-C

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-15, 09:52 PM
twleblanc
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Reactions to the IS-C

What are some the reactions that your IS-C has garnered?
In the six months I have had my IS350C I have experienced more positive reactions than I ever would have expected in a car under $100k and certainly more than I ever encountered while driving my MGB. It makes me wonder if it is just the area in which I live (Central Valley of California) or the color (Starfire Pearl) or are convertibles with the top actually down just such a rare sight?

With the top up the coupe blends in with the rest of the cars on the road and in the parking lot but with the top in its proper location the heads turn and, "Nice car" can be heard. When the top is down I often sit in the car while the family runs errands rather than put the top up. That is when I have heard the most comments--just last night a little girl told her mother, "I love that car Mommy!" as they walked past.

One time I watched from a restaurant while a gentleman walked around the car in clear admiration.

Of course the top mechanism in action always draws attention, "Dude, That's some Transformers s--t" was the most memorable one so far.

There has only been one negative reaction so far: someone expectorated just below the left quarter window when we parked at A&W with the top down one night.

So, what have you encountered? What is your theory?
Old 03-29-15, 06:19 PM
svelt
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by twleblanc
There has only been one negative reaction so far: someone expectorated just below the left quarter window when we parked at A&W with the top down one night.
What a jerk. I guess I'm a little naive but I'm still surprised when I hear of someone doing that to someone else's property completely unprovoked, just because they are either jealous of others' possessions or spiteful of someone else's tastes. I'd take a pic of that guy if I ever saw it happen and post it for public shaming.

I've only had mine for a month but by far the most impressive feature to others is the roof folding mechanism - Transformers is frequently the most often descriptor others would bestow upon the car.
The appearance of the actual vehicle is still a little subjective and divisive IMO but it's still a relatively rare car and I notice it does draw stares at parking lots.
Old 03-29-15, 09:58 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine for about 3 and a half years now and I am still the biggest fan of this car. People of all ages have given me the thumbs up. I had an older guy driving a new BMW come up to me in a parking lot last week to tell me he wished he had gotten on of these instead of his Beemer. Kids love it adults love it I've even had an older woman ask me if that thing puts a smile on my face. Absolutely is my standard answer. My favorite comment is that thing is bad a$$ed. Yea people like it and love to tell you about it.
Attached Thumbnails Reactions to the IS-C-20150228_090544-800x450-.jpg  
Old 04-09-15, 07:36 PM
ColtM4A3
Pole Position

Mostly get complimented on the color. Ultrasonic Blue.

Heard some whispers of "he makes too much money" from employee's. Of course the guy's that spent more on 3/4 ton trucks get a pass because they're not luxury brands.
Old 04-10-15, 12:30 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From my wife as she tells it gets compliments all the time. I also hear them from time to time. In fact, a neighbour across the street fessed up after getting this car that whenever I pull the convertible out he calls his wife over to see the "transformer" happen. Lol.
So generally it's been received in a positive light.
Attached Images   

Last edited by rxonmymind; 04-10-15 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-23-15, 12:04 PM
twleblanc
Rookie

Thanks for the replies!
jgr7 your ride is bad a$$ with that drop and those wheels.
rxonmymind that red is really nice in person. I don't think photos do justice to either of our paint colors
coltM4A3 your comment is spot-on I too worry a bit about the negative connotations to the luxury branding yet no one cares to think that all those jacked up pickups cost more than my used ride.
svelt you are right about the IS-C being rare, but oddly enough during the work week at least, they are quite common in Visalia (attached picture is my 350, my co-worker's 250 and on the other side of the ivy covered wall in the background is a StarFire Pearl 250) which makes me scratch my head even more about some of these reactions 😀

My IS350C next to my co-worker's IS250C (she is jelly about the extra liter)

Last edited by twleblanc; 04-23-15 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Correcting a person's username
Old 08-12-16, 01:02 PM
Jackstraww
Driver School Candidate

My 2010 IS250C always turns heads when the top is down and I hate the color, (charcoal gray)

Old 08-15-16, 03:15 AM
guitarguru
Driver School Candidate

Mine turns heads as well as the occasional " that's a beauty" from someone in a parking lot. I was unsure at first about white. But now I love it.The F-sport is kinda rare and give it a more radical look.

Old 08-18-16, 09:26 AM
drakeflow
Driver School Candidate

Nice looking cars guys! I'm really thinking about buying one of these cars but I'm not too sure where to go with it though, what are the common issues with the car (if any) or is there a part that needs regular maintinace? went Servicing Stop with my car the other day and spoke to them and they gave me abit more of an insight on these cars (they know me, been using them for years) but need abit more help.
Old 08-26-16, 09:19 AM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

had my 2010 for about 40K miles now and it has been just fine. Only problem has been the top not wanting to come up. But after 3 trips to the dealer and $2500 later, it seems to be working fine now.
Old 09-20-16, 12:45 PM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by twleblanc
What are some the reactions that your IS-C has garnered?
In the six months I have had my IS350C I have experienced more positive reactions than I ever would have expected in a car under $100k and certainly more than I ever encountered while driving my MGB. It makes me wonder if it is just the area in which I live (Central Valley of California) or the color (Starfire Pearl) or are convertibles with the top actually down just such a rare sight?

With the top up the coupe blends in with the rest of the cars on the road and in the parking lot but with the top in its proper location the heads turn and, "Nice car" can be heard. When the top is down I often sit in the car while the family runs errands rather than put the top up. That is when I have heard the most comments--just last night a little girl told her mother, "I love that car Mommy!" as they walked past.

One time I watched from a restaurant while a gentleman walked around the car in clear admiration.
Of course the top mechanism in action always draws attention, "Dude, That's some Transformers s--t" was the most memorable one so far.

So, what have you encountered? What is your theory?
We have a IS250C F sport. Ultrasonic blue. Get a lot of compliments on color. It took as 3 months to find this one
Old 09-20-16, 03:00 PM
guitarguru
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tmymck
We have a IS250C F sport. Ultrasonic blue. Get a lot of compliments on color. It took as 3 months to find this one
Ultrasonic blue was my first color choice, but in the pre-owned market you take what you can reasonably find. The F-sport really adds flair to it especially with the cool wheels. One of the few stock wheels I actually like.
What color interior do you have with the USB?
Old 09-20-16, 04:34 PM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by guitarguru
Ultrasonic blue was my first color choice, but in the pre-owned market you take what you can reasonably find. The F-sport really adds flair to it especially with the cool wheels. One of the few stock wheels I actually like.
What color interior do you have with the USB?
Interior is black. We flew to Texas on New Year's Day and drove it back to Atlanta. I wanted a IS350C but wife would not budge on color. Happy wife. Happy life. Her car. I am looking at getting me a GS350
Old 10-04-16, 08:52 AM
CharonRega
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't drive an IS-C but it's not from lack of trying LOL I think it's a great model and I love it when I see one on the road (not all that often but I live in LA so it does happen). Sometimes, I don't immediately recognize one if I'm in traffic and they've got the roof up so I wouldn't say they're flashy to the point of gaudiness or anything. And screw the guy that spit at the OP's car. That's the behavior of a true pig. Glad you guys are seeing the positive attention outweighing the negative. I love my regular old IS, but hopefully I'll be behind the wheel of my own IS-C in the future!
Old 10-04-16, 10:25 PM
ANYTIME
Driver

Still on the hunt for a white one....
Previously had a IS300 SportCross and now the wifey wants a IS350C in white. Drove a black on black and now she is hooked.

Quick Reply: Reactions to the IS-C