IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Trunk won't open

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-15, 10:14 AM
Staxsteve
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk won't open

My dashboard told me the op was suspended and to set luggage rack however the trunk cannot be opened by any means. I had not touched any buttons to open the con roof,just got in to start this morning. The car will drive but warning light and beeper going. Please help.
Old 01-19-15, 08:12 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

I had the top suspend opperation when I was opening the top a few months ago. The top folded into the trunk and the last thing to happen is the trunk lid close. The trunk came down half way and stopped. Nothing I tried would work so I pushed the trunk down very carefully and started to drive home. The trunk was closed but not latched and I know the lights and beepers you are talking about, the beeper was driving me crazy so I pulled over a mile and tried it again and it worked. I made an appointment with Lexus and took it in butthey couldn't find any thing wrong. They did some research and found that they should change some stops in the trunk. It hasn't happened since but I still am a little worried everytime I close it.
Have you checked the trunk button in the glove box? Also can you hear the release when you push the button in the rear? How is your battery? This time of year batteries get weak and cause all kinds of issues with electronics. Try pushing both front edge and rear edge of trunk by hand to see if it might be bound up. Call dealer for appointment.
Old 01-28-15, 02:22 PM
Staxsteve
Driver School Candidate

Default Trunk won't open

Thanks for your help. Found out that the set luggage rack dislodged and that has to be fixed in the slots for the roof operation to complete. I've found that on the centre of the rear seat is a slot where you can open the trunk with your key.
Old 02-14-15, 05:30 PM
twleblanc
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had been looking for the opening you mentioned and wasn't successful so I took a look in the manual online (as I don't have the book). It is in section "5-2. Steps to take in an emergency" (page 508 according to the PDF). The aforementioned opening (for those who don't go looking for the picture) is on the top of the seat between the roll bars. Thanks for the sharing your problem and the solution!

P.S. That section of the owners manual has the process for manually raising the top if the unthinkable ever happens.

Last edited by twleblanc; 02-14-15 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Found typo
Old 02-16-15, 04:11 PM
Staxsteve
Driver School Candidate

Default Trunk not opening.

Thanks for replies. Had the roof operation not complete again couple of times and I think it is down to when I close the roof there is a pause before the windows close and I was letting go of the switch and closing the windows from the door switches so then then the dash was telling me next time I swi on the engine on the roof operation was incomplete.seems ok at moment "touch wood". Regards Steve
Old 02-17-15, 01:26 AM
Staxsteve
Driver School Candidate

Default Trunk won't open

Sod's law got up to a frosty morning and same thing happened again incomplete roof operation,it has to be something to do with the frost when the windows slightly move when you open and close the doors. It only happens on frosty days.