IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Gone, totaled, kaput...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-14, 02:31 PM
yangster
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gone, totaled, kaput...

Well, my wife got hit by a BMW motorcycle that couldn't hold his lane on a turn. He drifted into her lane and hit in the area of the driver's headlight. After 2 weeks, the auto repair shop said it was totaled. Here is the car post accident and after auto body shop take down.

Now we're trying to decide on what car to get. It's down to another IS350C or the BMW 428 Conv. She would like to get another IS350C, but we had to special order the 2011 for the color combination (red/alabaster) and with that color combination, no Luxury Package. We ordered as much of the individual items, but no rain sensing wipers, memory seats or illuminated door sills. She really misses the wipers and memory seats and we still can't get that in the 2014's. She doesn't like the BMW red, so she's in a quandary. Decisions, decisions.

Oh, in searching the country for a 2011, I only found 15 with pricing in the mid 30's to low 40's. Not bad!!!

Last edited by yangster; 09-02-14 at 02:39 PM. Reason: more comments
Old 09-02-14, 04:02 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Happy to hear your wife is ok. It's weird cause it doesn't look that bad to be totaled. I would go with a Lexus over the BMW.
Old 09-03-14, 09:04 AM
yangster
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Happy to hear your wife is ok. It's weird cause it doesn't look that bad to be totaled. I would go with a Lexus over the BMW.
That's what I thought too. Maybe $15-20k of damages. But both airbags (steering wheel and knee) went off. And I heard from a friend that's a $10k job right there. We just might stay with the ISC, she just will not get the color combination that she loves. It's a shame as it's the one that they show in the brochures and on the big pictures displayed in the dealerships.
Old 09-03-14, 12:48 PM
travelride
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to go back one year, there's a 2010 for sale at Murphy Cadillac in Louisiana that might be close enough to your color profile.

http://www.murphycadillac.net/Vehicl...-LA/2294071373

We found this one while shopping for used Red ones but we decided on a Red/Black that was closer to our house.

We also saw something wonky on the car fax that made us nervous about this one, so do your own research. The CarFax says something like "titled to insurance company". That doesn't sound good to me. But, I thought I'd pass it on in case it meets your criteria. And this one does have the Luxury Package.
Old 09-06-14, 07:23 AM
13IS250C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...that is a shame. Sure glad your wife is OK though. I hope the motorcycle driver was too.
Old 09-06-14, 12:37 PM
Machog
Driver

Sorry to hear about your bash. I too am surprised its totaled, but that's always best, body shops never bring a car back to 100% after a major ding in my experience. There's always wind noise or some vibration they can't cure, particularly on higher end cars.

We had a BMW 325Cic, before the IS250C, two totally different animals. We started to look for a replacement for the BMW (4 series wasn't available). Drove BMW's, Lexus, Volvo, Audi etc. As soon as my wife drove an IS that was it. I would have been content with any of the above other than the Volvo.

For her, the Lexus was so much smoother, quieter etc, all the Lexus traits. The fact it didn't corner like it was on rails or was a tad faster, she couldn't have cared less. Those are important traits for me, so I did the sensible thing and went out got a Porsche;-) A totally superior animal to any BMW, Audi in my opinion!!

Machog