IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Compromise Equals Win-Win

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-14, 01:32 PM
Hookalatch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compromise Equals Win-Win

I hope its okay to repost most of what I put in the introduction section. This seems like a better fit and I wanted to add a few pics.

The wife and I decided it was time for a more age appropriate car. We are only in our mid-60's but have always enjoyed higher performance vehicles. We have had American muscle cars, Corvettes, and a German car but never even looked at Japanese cars before. What an eye opener!

We both did some research and looking. She ended up focusing on the SC430 and I was enamored with the Audi S5 convertible. We decided to compromise and look at the IS350C's. We had to make a 500 mile round trip to look at a very nice 2011 IS350C F Sport with only 12,000 miles. We both fell in love with it. She liked all the Luxury Package features right from the get-go and likes the metal top better than cloth. I was almost convinced after a couple of full throttle standing starts. I think we both knew it was the right car for us when I took a corner at double the suggested speed and it went around like it was on rails. We both started giggling and I think we both knew right then we were going home with it.

I am just starting to learn about these cars and if I understand correctly this car is not a true F Sport. It is Tungsten Pearl in Color and has the F Sport brakes, suspension, and tires and wheels. It does not have fender badges and has stock intake and exhaust. For recreation I usually prefer my motorcycles over a cage but this car is a kick to drive and I will be happy to go in the car more often now.

[IMG][URL=http://s99.photobucket.com/user/Hookalatch/media/siderear.jpg.html][/URL[/IMG]

[IMG][URL=http://s99.photobucket.com/user/Hookalatch/media/rightside.jpg.html][/URL[/IMG]

[IMG][URL=http://s99.photobucket.com/user/Hookalatch/media/side.jpg.html][/URL[/IMG]

[URL=http://s99.photobucket.com/user/Hookalatch/media/interior.jpg.html][/URL

[URL=http://s99.photobucket.com/user/Hookalatch/media/wheel2.jpg.html][/URL

Chuck
Old 02-04-14, 01:40 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great Chuck, you will enjoy it very much and here in Calif. the weather is always pretty good.
Old 02-04-14, 02:12 PM
13IS250C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car!

I'm an old American Muscle girl too. I sold a supercharged Z28 and traded my 370Z to buy my IS. Mine has the F-Sport package and I have a different grill, side badging, dark rims, and all kinds of interior F-Sport goodies. Not sure of the suspension, but I know my car sits lower than a normal C. I like your brakes!

This is my baby....

Old 02-05-14, 08:43 AM
TomDac
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome Hooka and thanks for reposting. Congrats on the ISC.

Motorcyclist here too, btw... Gearing up for 30 day ride to Alaska this summer! Can't wait!! :-)
Old 02-05-14, 08:52 AM
Hookalatch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 13IS250C
Beautiful car!

I'm an old American Muscle girl too. I sold a supercharged Z28 and traded my 370Z to buy my IS. Mine has the F-Sport package and I have a different grill, side badging, dark rims, and all kinds of interior F-Sport goodies. Not sure of the suspension, but I know my car sits lower than a normal C. I like your brakes!

This is my baby....

Very nice car and it sounds like you have had some fun ones. There is nothing quite as nice as a Hot Rod girl! Life would have been a lot duller if I hadn't found my own a long time ago. Yea, the brakes on this car are massive overkill. My philosophy towards most things, despite proving myself wrong way too many times, is too much is just enough. They are pretty though.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-05-14, 09:07 AM
dirtyjohn
Driver School Candidate

Those brakes look so nice!
Old 02-05-14, 10:29 AM
13IS250C
Pole Position

They are awesome.

I learned to drive on a 440 6bbl Charger. When I first got my Z28 (95), I would just stand behind it and listen to that V8. It was the first V8 I had had since my '76 Camaro. Sometimes I miss it, but I sure love what I have now.
Old 02-06-14, 11:38 AM
Hookalatch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TomDac
Welcome Hooka and thanks for reposting. Congrats on the ISC.

Motorcyclist here too, btw... Gearing up for 30 day ride to Alaska this summer! Can't wait!! :-)
I have been riding BMW motorcycles for a long time. Would have been nice to have loved their car best like all the "testers" do and we tried out a 335i convertible. For my wife and I it was the first one crossed off our list. Nothing wrong but didn't meet what we wanted as well as the Lexus does.

What are you riding to Alaska?

Chuck
Old 02-08-14, 08:12 AM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up Nice car!

Great story and very nice car! My wife and I used to ride a Valkyrie Tourer nearly every weekend and we loved it. These days, we really enjoy getting out in the SC430 and cruising the countryside with the top down. The bonus is we can wear shorts and flip flops and don't need helmets.

Enjoy that beautiful IS350C!

StillLine
Old 02-10-14, 04:13 PM
TomDac
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Hookalatch
I have been riding BMW motorcycles for a long time. Would have been nice to have loved their car best like all the "testers" do and we tried out a 335i convertible. For my wife and I it was the first one crossed off our list. Nothing wrong but didn't meet what we wanted as well as the Lexus does. What are you riding to Alaska? Chuck
I'll be on my 2006 R1200GSA. My buddy will be on his 2014 R1200GSA that he's picking up in 3 weeks.
Old 02-12-14, 12:27 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Wow. That is an awesome purchase. Congrats to you and yours! Having the suspension mods done when you purchased it is WAAAAYY better than getting them after the fact. If you don’t have the sway bars a lot of the non-C owners say they are a must have for cornering.