IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Just picked up an IS 250C (2010)! Need some new owner tips / comments

Old 09-08-13, 07:02 PM
shibiscuit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up an IS 250C (2010)! Need some new owner tips / comments

Hey all, new user here. I just picked up a black 2010 IS 250C in July for $35,000 ($30,600 just for the car after haggling)from a dealership along with a 5 year Lexus Care package thing (I get all my small dents, wheels, keys, and other things that I can't remember taken care of for me). It's CPO, 41k miles, and a previously leased car. The dealer said it has everything (it has navigation and the heated/cooled seats; I can't really remember anything else that was an extra add on) .

I have been wondering, was this a good deal? I live in Illinois and go to college at U of I so I'm a little worried about the ridiculous amounts of snow that'll happen as well.

Finally, are there any tips / advice for new ISC owners? I know a lot of people have roof rattling, but it doesn't really bother me since I always have music playing. I'm thinking of getting the windows tinted because the weird greenish hue kind of bothers me - has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

Here's a picture!

The white interior is a huge regret; it gets easily dirtied / scratched up

I also heard this was a "chic" car. IS THIS TRUE? I'm a guy.
Old 09-08-13, 07:59 PM
ColtM4A3
Pole Position

Congrats on the car! Looks sharp, enjoy!

Don't get hung up on labels like "chick car" drive what you like. You'll always have jerks ready to define you by the car you drive. Vette = small *****, truck = redneck, Camaro = guido, Asian coupe = ricer. The sooner you learn to not give a damn about these people the happier you'll be.
Old 09-09-13, 05:51 AM
13IS250C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! Pretty car. If you love the car, then it was a good deal. Lexus is pretty tight with the price of these things. I could barely get them to budge on my sticker price. Thank goodness a friend of mine is good friends with the owner of the dealership.

Colt, you cracked me up with your stereotypes. Teeheehe...I have had about 6 Camaros. I must really be a redneck.
Old 09-09-13, 09:20 PM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

Love the black exterior with the white interior, even though I know from experience how much a light interior sucks to keep clean!

I wouldn't worry about the snow too much, that's the beauty of having a hard top convertible!
Old 09-13-13, 10:42 AM
Stinker
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! She's a beauty! Like the others said, don't worry about what people say. If you like it, roll with it!! :-)
Old 09-24-13, 10:33 AM
CKLeg
Driver School Candidate

Congrats! Ours is same year/ color and we get 'thumbs up" all the time from other drivers and pedestrians - its really a beauty and definitely NOT a chic car.
Regarding the white interior, use slightly damp cloth with mild soap to keep it clean (this from my shoe repair guy) and be wary of dark indigo jeans that crock. A caveat to this is to make sure that the seat if far enough back when you get in and out of the car so as not to "slide" your bum on the back of the seat. My husband keeps a towel in the car to sit on when wearing certain jeans and it comes in handy if we have to put luggage, etc on the back seat.
Old 09-24-13, 10:38 AM
CKLeg
Driver School Candidate

Oh, and about that rattle - we had same problem and returned it to the dealer, pronto. They installed new gaskets around all the windows and doors and that solved the problem. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited by CKLeg; 09-24-13 at 10:39 AM. Reason: not finished
Old 12-23-13, 04:27 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by shibiscuit
Hey all, new user here. I just picked up a black 2010 IS 250C in July for $35,000 ($30,600 just for the car after haggling)from a dealership along with a 5 year Lexus Care package thing (I get all my small dents, wheels, keys, and other things that I can't remember taken care of for me). It's CPO, 41k miles, and a previously leased car. The dealer said it has everything (it has navigation and the heated/cooled seats; I can't really remember anything else that was an extra add on) .

I have been wondering, was this a good deal? I live in Illinois and go to college at U of I so I'm a little worried about the ridiculous amounts of snow that'll happen as well.

Finally, are there any tips / advice for new ISC owners? I know a lot of people have roof rattling, but it doesn't really bother me since I always have music playing. I'm thinking of getting the windows tinted because the weird greenish hue kind of bothers me - has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

Here's a picture!

The white interior is a huge regret; it gets easily dirtied / scratched up

I also heard this was a "chic" car. IS THIS TRUE? I'm a guy.
Most Lexus models are chic magnets, especially the SC430!
Old 12-23-13, 04:30 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ColtM4A3
Congrats on the car! Looks sharp, enjoy!

Don't get hung up on labels like "chick car" drive what you like. You'll always have jerks ready to define you by the car you drive. Vette = small *****, truck = redneck, Camaro = guido, Asian coupe = ricer. The sooner you learn to not give a damn about these people the happier you'll be.
could not agree more ! If the folks who make comments about your car did not pay for it, tell them to pound sand!