IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

shopping for ISC

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-13, 04:11 PM
TomDac
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah.. it's even showing up as inventory on the dealer's website!
Old 11-20-13, 05:19 PM
TomDac
Driver

dealer just texted me... it's here!! pic attached... I'll pick it up this weekend.. YAY
Attached Thumbnails shopping for ISC-image.jpeg  
Old 11-20-13, 07:48 PM
ColtM4A3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn I can get a wiff of the new car smell from here. Congrats!!!
Old 11-21-13, 05:39 AM
13IS250C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awe-freakin-some! Love it. Love the rims.

Old 11-21-13, 05:39 AM
13IS250C
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ColtM4A3
Damn I can get a wiff of the new car smell from here. Congrats!!!
Mine never had a new car smell because it was sitting on the showroom floor with the top down. My S2000 was the same way.
Old 11-21-13, 06:09 AM
TomDac
Driver

I wasn't sure I was gonna like the rims... I really liked the F-Sport full forged 19" rims on the lexus website (pic below), but they are kinda pricey and no way in hell I won't curb them eventually.

Then I saw a GS in the neighborhood that has the G-Spider rims and really liked the look of them in person and they weren't that expensive, so I went for it.
Old 11-21-13, 07:28 AM
13IS250C
Pole Position

Yummy. I want those brakes.

Gosh our cars have great lines.
Old 11-21-13, 08:46 AM
TomDac
Driver

As far as the lines of the car go... that picture looks AWESOME - it's from the Lexus website, so of course they're gonna put awesome pics up there... in reality, the C has some somewhat strange lines from several angles, all from the rear.. As many reviewers have stated, the car's rear end looks "chunky" or "bulky"...

None of that bothers me... I like it.
Old 11-21-13, 10:30 AM
13IS250C
Pole Position

I think all cars have their good sides and bad sides. I hated the "fangs" on my 370Z, but loved the rest of the lines on the car so I got over it.

When I photograph my car, I like to get low on the ground and shoot up at a front angle. I think that is it's best "pose".

I like the fact that even with the top down, I can stuff a lot of groceries or even a small suitcase back there. I would much rather have a little bulk, and have the storage space than smoother lines. I still just think it is totally sharp....especially topless.

Don't you know that big butts are in now.
Old 11-21-13, 10:41 AM
13IS250C
Pole Position

I was actually laying on the ground when I took this one. I think this is our car's best angle.

Old 11-21-13, 10:46 AM
TomDac
Driver

Is there anything that annoys you with the car in general?

I test drove a 2010 350C with about 40K miles on it.. The top rattled and squeaked ALOT and the salesman said they've made improvements since then.. This will be my first hardtop convertible, and I've heard about Gummi Pheldge, a product you can use to keep the seals on the joints of the top lubricated which is supposed to help, but with all my other convertibles over the years, I never really minded the rattles and squeaks from the top.. it was all part of the trade off...
Old 11-21-13, 11:07 AM
13IS250C
Pole Position

I wouldn't really call it rattles or squeaks. Sometimes there are ticking noises from the joints. Most of the time rolling the window down some and back up will help. I listen to the radio fairly loud so it really doesn't bother me that much.

The tweeter, or whatever that little speaker on the front of the door on the driver's side, makes a rattling sound. They have already "fixed" it once and it is doing it again. I need to get them to "fix" it again. There again, I listen to hard rock very loud.

I'm a tad disappointed in my stereo. I thought and I though I heard my salesidiot say that I had the Mark Levinson. I don't think I do. I have been in Lexus's that had it and they sound so much better than mine. Oh well....

Other than that, I tell you truthfully...I really don't have any complaints about the car. Of course, I wish I had about 50 more horsepower, but I enjoy the good gas mileage. I average 24.5 and that is total city stop and go traffic. When I do get it out on the highway, I get close to 30.

The car has no blind spots. After a Z-car, G37 and S2000...that is a relief.

All and all...it is a beautiful car that is a hoot to drive. You won't be sorry you made the purchase.
Old 11-21-13, 11:16 AM
TomDac
Driver

How can you tell if it's ML other than the ML logo on the head unit?

My M3 convertible had an awful sound system.. My Prius' sound system was decent and the one in our 2011 Highlander is pretty good too. The new car has the ML surround system...

Glad you like yours and i am sure I will have no regrets..

I wonder if it's really true that 2014 will be the last year for the ISC... Everything points to the RC convertible...
Old 11-21-13, 11:21 AM
13IS250C
Pole Position

I thought I had it because I have the Nav...evidently not. Someone posted here that if it doesn't say ML, it isn't. Another lie from the salesidiot's mouth. I'm going to go look at my window sticker.

My G37 had the best car stereo I ever had. It was awesome. It would record CDs. All you had to do was stick a CD in it and push record and in about 3 minutes it would be on your hard drive. It was awesome. That car was awesome, but gave me a lot more trouble than you would think a car like that would and the paint was crap. Not good for someone as **** as I am.

That is another good thing about your car. The paint is great. I have had mine since 4/11/13 and I don't have a single rock chip. My G and Z were covered in them.
Old 11-21-13, 03:23 PM
Machog
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TD, my 250c had developed a strange rattle/groan on the passenger side, about 6" above the window, after about a year.

Lexus of Scottsdale told me it wasn't unusual, its a simple adjustment to bring roof back into spec and silence.

Totally silent with the roof up now, no squeaks or groans. Living in AZ we have our roof down for about 8 months of the year. With heated seats and the windscreen up its great even on the freeway. The other 4 we are on the boat in Canada!

Having said that, its going to **** this weekend, with probable road flooding, so Lex will be staying in the warm and the truck will be coming out.

Machog

Quick Reply: shopping for ISC