IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

New owner of a certified is250c

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-13, 11:03 AM
kmuprhy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner of a certified is250c

I just got a certified is250c last weekend and LOVE the car. It's amazing! I do have a few questions about it that I would love to know if they are normal.

First is I noticed I roll up the front windows when I turn the car off but not the small back ones. The car must be on for them to roll up. Is that normal?

The second thing is it came with a wind screen. Is it suppose to clip into anything under the back head rests? It has the pivoting piece that fits under the headrests but it doesn't have anything to clip into or secure it to the headrests. Should it?

The third thing is the trunk is pretty heard to open up. I need both hand and to really push (I'm short) so is that normal? It's much much harder than my old car.

Lastly, I noticed it had a shake/vibration when was driving it home and braked on a pretty steep hill. I haven't been able to reproduce that as I haven't found a road that I can go fast enough and break on.

I'd love to hear from isc owners to know if these things are normal. I love the car!
Old 08-02-13, 08:17 PM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

Congrats on your purchase! Any pics?

The car can be in accessory mode and roll the windows up. Press the push to start once, then press int again. You should be able to roll them up.

Here is a helpful link on the windscreen:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-is-this.html

The trunk is super heavy. It is really reinforced and has some hard top components in it. There is a little handle on the right on the inside that helps you close it and push it up.

As for the vibration, if I ever get it, I just leave my top down for a few hours to let all the seals puff back up and make sure the top is aligned right. I also take it down at least once a month to make sure it's all working smoothly.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your new car!
Old 08-03-13, 02:50 PM
kmuprhy
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the insight! That thread you linked is actually what got me thinking that my windscreen is missing a piece. I might head down to my local dealership and see what they say.
Old 08-03-13, 09:34 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on the new car, you will love it. The window thing is normal. I use the button next to the top down button to roll down or up all of the windows at once. Down is one touch but up you have to hold till they are up. The trunk is heavy but the gas struts should make it pretty easy. Have the dealer check the struts they should have done that since it is certified. The brakes might mean slight warp of rotors, get up to highway speed and put the brakes on, try both light pressure and then heavy pressure to see if there is any vibration or steering wheel wobble. I can't help with the wind screen, I don't have one.
My top is down whenever the sun is out and the temp is at least 52 deg. Have fun and enjoy. If you have any more questions ask away.
Jeff
Old 08-04-13, 01:32 PM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kmuprhy
I just got a certified is250c last weekend and LOVE the car. It's amazing! I do have a few questions about it that I would love to know if they are normal.

First is I noticed I roll up the front windows when I turn the car off but not the small back ones. The car must be on for them to roll up. Is that normal?

The second thing is it came with a wind screen. Is it suppose to clip into anything under the back head rests? It has the pivoting piece that fits under the headrests but it doesn't have anything to clip into or secure it to the headrests. Should it?

The third thing is the trunk is pretty heard to open up. I need both hand and to really push (I'm short) so is that normal? It's much much harder than my old car.

Lastly, I noticed it had a shake/vibration when was driving it home and braked on a pretty steep hill. I haven't been able to reproduce that as I haven't found a road that I can go fast enough and break on.

I'd love to hear from isc owners to know if these things are normal. I love the car!

I can't comment really if these things are "normal" or not as I am a new owner too. However, I did want to say congratulations on your new purchase!
Old 10-14-13, 04:29 AM
DropTopIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kmuprhy

Picked up a 2011 ISc a couple of weeks ago and love the car...Starfire Pearl, Alabaster Interior with black accents. So far no issues and lots of head turns
Old 12-23-13, 04:24 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopIS
Picked up a 2011 ISc a couple of weeks ago and love the car...Starfire Pearl, Alabaster Interior with black accents. So far no issues and lots of head turns
That color combination is to die for , congrats!
Old 11-12-14, 09:52 PM
twleblanc
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The trunk lid does take some effort to lift on my IS350C and I spoke to the owner of an IS250C and she too finds the lid takes more to lift than other cars. It is like Lexus could use struts with a little higher pressure or something.