Considering IS350C, Opinions considered

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-13, 06:19 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Considering IS350C, Opinions considered

Hello IS-C owners,

My wife and I own a 2010 RX350 and I'm wanting a nice drop-top we can cruise around in. Naturally, I like the IS-C. Found this one in the Big D and was wondering if this is a decent deal in your opinion, or if my judgement is being clouded by the fact that I'm digging the look of this specific car. I made an offer and the dealer indicated that they really weren't interested in budging much off the asking price. Ultimately we are about $3K apart. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

StillLine
Old 03-03-13, 06:55 AM
ColtM4A3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think the price seems out of line for what you're getting. I think the days of big used car markups so they can show big trade-in values or knock thousands off the price are all but gone. Internet sales has changed the game because people can shop dozens if not hundreds of lots from their own home. If they don't bring a decent price up front they will never get a shot at the sale.

For the car you're looking at I'd recommend going over it carefully and making sure you can see no evidence of the repair that was done. Assuming that looked okay I'd offer to buy right now if they can do $37,300 and see what they come back with. If you try and get a grand knocked off settle for $38k flat, that will probably buy the car. Just depends how much dicking around you want to do. Sometimes it's not worth the trouble if they have exactly what you want.
Old 03-03-13, 12:26 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Is it a CPO if so that seems like a pretty good price. KBB shows it should list for more than that even in a private party sale. See if you can find out just what was repaired from the accident.
I don't like the saddle seats and brown wood trim but thats just me. The wheels also look small.
Jeff
Old 03-03-13, 08:37 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Thanks for your input so far. I don't believe it's a CPO car as it is offered for sale at an Infiniti dealership. Here's another nice looking IS350C in Houston. Dang, all the nice rides are in Texas! I think the prices are probably not too far out of line. Just wish they were closer so I could actually look the cars over and test drive them before making a deal. I'd like to stay around the $35-36K price range for these cars, but ultimately, if one of them is exactly what I want, what's another $3K in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks again!
Old 03-04-13, 06:43 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

The second one looks nice and is a year newer, also looks like it either has an exhaust upgrade or new tips on the stock one.
Old 03-19-13, 11:41 AM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Default Almost bought one

Had the deposit check written and ready to go in the mail when I dug a little deeper after getting a carfax and waived off the deal. My offer of $39k was accepted on this 2011 IS 350C F Sport. Beautiful car, but it's history wasn't adding up. So, the search continues.
Old 03-25-13, 01:17 PM
SirKnight
Rookie

Originally Posted by StillLine
Had the deposit check written and ready to go in the mail when I dug a little deeper after getting a carfax and waived off the deal. My offer of $39k was accepted on this 2011 IS 350C F Sport. Beautiful car, but it's history wasn't adding up. So, the search continues.
They are hard to find! But I think you made the right choice.... I did not even think about purchasing the IS 350 C that bought until they sent me the car fax report and I made sure everything checked out. Now those reports are not 100% but it does help.
Old 07-02-13, 10:55 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Default Thanks for the input!

I was awfully close to pulling the trigger on a couple IS350C's but ultimately couldn't resist the combination of getting a V-8 and saving over $10K on the purchase cost. Found this super nice 2006 SC430 close to home with 40K miles for just under $30K. I'm loving it so far! Thanks for all your input regarding the IS-C. I still love those cars!

StillLine