IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

fknISC808's Comeback Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-13, 11:31 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default fknISC808's Comeback Build

Some of you may know me, alot of you probably dont. I use to frequent the forums everyday but life happened and I strayed away for a while. I am currently in the process of completing my build and am getting back into the scene, figured why not post it up. Ill start off from the beginning and work my way to the present.

Back in 2009 I bought Candy... 1st one off the lot here in Hawaii 2010 Lexus IS250C Tungsten Pearl Black Leather with Luxury and Navigation Package

Within 6 months of buying the car I linked up with Samson of Revision Audio here in Hawaii and was able to install the AirRunner Basic Suspension used on the sedans. Samson had to R&D the kit because the rear struts were too long and would not allow the rear to slam all the way down. I also bought the Genesis Track Package wheels from my co-worker.

Did a photo shoot to help a friend launch his business

February 2010 my new rear struts come in from Air Runner and now shes sitting pretty

A shot at Club Lexus Hawaii's Saturday Night Starbucks meetup

A few months go by and Samson was asked by Air Runner to shoot the car for their Catalog. I didnt have wheels so he used 19" Weds Mavericks 005s to shoot the car, which I purchased later that day. haha

A few years go by and I attend some events with nothing done to the car. I bought a few new things here and there but they sat in the garage waiting....

Last edited by fknISC808; 05-01-13 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-01-13, 11:32 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

2012 planning begins to start completing my build for 2013. Taxes comes and goes and here is what I have been currently working on.

Took the Weds off and sold them

Here is what the wheels went on

I upgraded my single compressor setup for dual Viair 444c compressors and ripped out my trunk liners to start the rebuild process.

I had my eyes on a set of Work Meister S1R's for a long time! I didnt get it in the finish that I wanted but these are pretty pimp. Here is the test fit of the fronts 19x9.5

Here are the rears 19x10.5

Had them wrapped in some inexpensive tires because shes not daily driven anymore

In the mean time, I purchased an Accuair E-Level kit from SD.IS, Megan Toe arms, Tracktion Arms, Upper camber Arms, and Lower Control Arms for the rear. Miscellaneous air bag parts, MyRide rear diffuser, Vertex front lip for the sedans, and Cross drilled/Slotted rotors.

I began to rip out the existing manual paddle switches and replaced it with my Dakota Digital Gauge

Mock up of the MyRide rear diffuser that will be molded

I hacked up the vertex front lip for the sedans and fitted it to my bumper. My boy at Affiliiated Autoworks will be molding it once the car goes in for paint.

Moved my attention to my suspension. Installed the rear links over the last weekend and then moved on to my trunk. My stock links removed

Installed

Here are some comparison pictures of the stock versus Megan links

I had an issue with my lower control arms and my strut endlink. I had to shave it down about 2-3mm for it to fit.

While doing my links I also threw on my rotors, I plan on painting my calipers for now. BBK is not really in my future, but who knows

I had a totally different plan with my trunk but due to limited space and and seeing ISCJonny's trunk setup, I decided to go a similar route. Its a mess, but here is my first mock up of whats coming.

Figured I needed some insulation to lessen the noise that Ive hear from my compressors. Purchased fatmat dynomat from Amazon. Pretty cheap and not bad stuff.

Wrapped my base board in carpet material

A good friend of mine who owns a graphics business added Hydro Dipping to his arsenal so we dipped my tank in Benjamins to show off his work.

Last edited by fknISC808; 05-01-13 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-01-13, 12:27 PM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Making a come back!
Old 05-01-13, 02:00 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bleezy
Making a come back!
I got the passion to finish it. I want to get it done before my son gets older.

Here is what my trunk currently looks like. I need to wire up my valves, tank, accuair, and my sensors. Will update the thread as I do more.

Old 05-01-13, 02:04 PM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PIMP-Tastic!!!!
Old 05-01-13, 02:32 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

just awesome! cant wait to see it finished
Old 05-01-13, 03:05 PM
BGG
Pole Position

Lookin good bro... love the hydro dipped tank! sub'd
Old 05-01-13, 04:21 PM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

I'm excited you're back on it! I'll definitely be watching your progress. When mine and yours is both done I should ship mine to Hawaii for a show. Even though I'm sure that would be crazy expensive!
Old 05-01-13, 08:22 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's coming along very nicely Ikaika! Glad to see your continuing the build, those Meisters will look dope with your set up, I've always favored those too. Looking forward to the finished product!
Old 05-01-13, 09:19 PM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Silly question... Are you going to be able to drop your top with all that in trunk? Very cool car!!!!
Old 05-01-13, 11:59 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ShawnD
PIMP-Tastic!!!!
Originally Posted by jadu
just awesome! cant wait to see it finished
Originally Posted by BGG
Lookin good bro... love the hydro dipped tank! sub'd
Thanks fellas there is still alot of work to be done.

Originally Posted by Bleezy
I'm excited you're back on it! I'll definitely be watching your progress. When mine and yours is both done I should ship mine to Hawaii for a show. Even though I'm sure that would be crazy expensive!
Me too! although its tough having to find time with a newborn. you can ship your car here from cali for 1k lol that would be one expensive entry fee.

Originally Posted by Alias
It's coming along very nicely Ikaika! Glad to see your continuing the build, those Meisters will look dope with your set up, I've always favored those too. Looking forward to the finished product!
thanks bro, hopefully you'll see it in person. trying to finish it by slammed society crossing fingers

Originally Posted by jgbackes
Silly question... Are you going to be able to drop your top with all that in trunk? Very cool car!!!!
Yes, it sits lower than the safety puller outer thingy. haha forgot what its called. lack of sleep
Old 05-02-13, 12:21 AM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

awesome build thread! Any plans for the sides?
Old 05-02-13, 02:21 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by J250
awesome build thread! Any plans for the sides?
thanks bro \m/ No plan for the sides at the moment, nothing out there that i like besides the aimgain kit. Just tryna get my car up and running and into the paint booth. I can wait for skirts later.
Old 05-02-13, 06:22 AM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mmmm...AIMGAIN....mmmm
Old 05-02-13, 06:54 AM
BernieIS

Looks really good so far.

Quick Reply: fknISC808's Comeback Build