IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

2011 IS 350C purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-13, 07:22 PM
SirKnight
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2011 IS 350C purchase

I found the IS 350C I want and put a deposit down on the car. I will pick it up Friday. What are thoughts on extended warranties for this car?
Old 03-19-13, 11:56 AM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My thought process is as simple as, it's a Lexus, it don't need no stinkin' extended warranty. Kidding aside, that is my stand. Were you buying a Dodge, hell yeah, buy the longest one you can get. Yes, a Lexus is a mechanical thing that can break, but the reliability is so stellar and the odds so low that I personally could not justify spending hard earned money on an extended warranty when I bought my wife's truck. That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it.

Now, a serious question. Did you get an F Sport? Details, I need details. I love the F Sport IS-C. I just almost bought one in Texas. Had the deposit check ready to mail when I dug a little deeper and realized the car had been crashed and I decided to bail. When I was under the impression that the car had a clean history, my offer of $39k was accepted on this 2011 Lexus IS 350C F Sport.

Do you have any photos or a link to some info on your new hot-rod?

Congratulations!
Old 03-19-13, 08:51 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

I did purchase extended warranty on my 2012 IS350C based on all of the motors and sensors on the retractable hard top.
Old 03-24-13, 12:19 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Warranty

I bought a new 2007 RX350. And a few months before my factory warranty expired. I bought a 2 year Platimum Lexus warranty from Jerry at Midwest Toyota for 600 dollars. I find it to be cheap insurance as it works out to be only 82 cents a day.

My RX was only in the shop twice besides service and the oil line recall. The XM receiver died. And I had a driver’s side pillar airbag light come on. Which was almost 3.000 dollars’ worth of repairs.

So for me it was worth it.
Old 03-25-13, 03:19 AM
SirKnight
Rookie

Thanks for the feed back! I picked up the car Friday after a 8 hour drive that was supposed to only be 4-1/2 hour drive and I really like Lexus! Has way more power then I thought it would have which coming from a SL55 AMG is hard to impress me but the Lex feels like is has a lot of power and it gets up to 100mph very fast and rides every bit as smooth as the SL.

I am going to take it to my local Lexus dealer and have them check it all out and fix the recall part on the wiper and will talk to them about an extended warranty but it correctly still is under the bumper to bumper for a year and a half.
Old 03-25-13, 09:00 AM
SirKnight
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by StillLine
My thought process is as simple as, it's a Lexus, it don't need no stinkin' extended warranty. Kidding aside, that is my stand. Were you buying a Dodge, hell yeah, buy the longest one you can get. Yes, a Lexus is a mechanical thing that can break, but the reliability is so stellar and the odds so low that I personally could not justify spending hard earned money on an extended warranty when I bought my wife's truck. That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it.

Now, a serious question. Did you get an F Sport? Details, I need details. I love the F Sport IS-C. I just almost bought one in Texas. Had the deposit check ready to mail when I dug a little deeper and realized the car had been crashed and I decided to bail. When I was under the impression that the car had a clean history, my offer of $39k was accepted on this 2011 Lexus IS 350C F Sport.

Do you have any photos or a link to some info on your new hot-rod?

Congratulations!

First, thank you! It is a great car... I was a little concerned going from a SL55 to the Lex but I am very surprised how fast this car is!

As for F-Sport I am sorry to say it is not... The only one I found around me was a 2010 and it did not have all the options or color combo I was looking for. I have also read online that the F-Sport does not ride as smooth as the non F-Sport model due to the 19" wheels and lowered/sport tuner suspension and I really was looking for the smoothest ride possible.... Old man thing I guess ? ;-)

Also they wanted over $40k for the 2010 F-Sport and I managed to get a 2011 with 31500 miles on it with all the options and the color combo I wanted for $36500.

I don't think I can post pictures yet but I will try when I get home or at least post a link to Dropbox photo of the new toy!

Last edited by SirKnight; 03-25-13 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-25-13, 10:38 AM
Phisher
Driver School Candidate

My daughter purchased her first car Saturday. A 2010 IS 350c for $25,000. She was so excited to drive the car home. It snowed Saturday night and she hasn't been able to drive it since. I'm excited though because I get to try out my IS 250 AWD.
Old 03-25-13, 12:59 PM
SirKnight
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Phisher
My daughter purchased her first car Saturday. A 2010 IS 350c for $25,000. She was so excited to drive the car home. It snowed Saturday night and she hasn't been able to drive it since. I'm excited though because I get to try out my IS 250 AWD.
That is a great price on a IS 350 C! How many miles were on the car when she picked it up?
Old 03-25-13, 02:37 PM
Phisher
Driver School Candidate

91,000 I know that's alot, but it is a Lexus. I'll try to post some pictures.
Old 03-25-13, 03:03 PM
SirKnight
Rookie

Thumbs up

91,000 I know that's alot, but it is a Lexus. I'll try to post some pictures.
Actually that makes me feel good about my purchase... At least I know I should get a lot of miles out of my car! Still torn on extended warranty though... The 3 piece top would be my main concern.

I am taking mine to my local Lexus dealer on Friday just to have them fix the recall issue on the wiper and to give it its Lexus 161 point inspection that they do on CPO cars. I will also talk to the finance guy about the options and cost of a extended warranty.
Old 03-26-13, 05:57 AM
Phisher
Driver School Candidate

We didn't get the extended warranty. We were quoted over 2k for 24 months. I told my daughter to save 2 or 3k and that should cover most repair cost. If nothing breaks, she has 3k in the bank.
Old 03-26-13, 05:59 AM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

We didn't get the extended warranty. We were quoted over 2k for 24 months. I told my daughter to save 2 or 3k and that should cover most repair cost. If nothing breaks, she has 3k in the bank.
Lexus repairs are quite costly without a warranty. I hope nothing major breaks down.
Old 03-26-13, 09:46 AM
Stinker
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased this for my wife for her birthday. She has no idea that I bought it. I plan to present it to her two weeks from now (5 Apr). A friend has it stored in their garage. Cost was 43K. Hopefully, she'll like it. Thoughts?? I will try to post pics later.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2012 IS250C.pdf (33.2 KB, 452 views)
Old 03-26-13, 10:33 AM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stinker
I just purchased this for my wife for her birthday. She has no idea that I bought it. I plan to present it to her two weeks from now (5 Apr). A friend has it stored in their garage. Cost was 43K. Hopefully, she'll like it. Thoughts?? I will try to post pics later.
She is going to LOVE it!

You'll also get super bonus points for getting her something so amazing!
Old 03-26-13, 10:39 AM
Stinker
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bleezy
She is going to LOVE it!

You'll also get super bonus points for getting her something so amazing!
I hope you're right! Last weekend, I took it to get the window's tinted and while driving I was like "I should buy me one!" I have the 2013 GS (which I love), so I really don't have a good reason to buy me one but boy does the IS ride well.

Quick Reply: 2011 IS 350C purchase