IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

can I buy a IS350C for under invoice?????

Old 08-11-12, 12:57 PM
svtrich
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can I buy a IS350C for under invoice?????

my girlfriend is looking for a IS350C , we walked into one dealer and they would sell it for invoice ,I think it was under the invoice price.are there any deals on these cars and who is the cheapest dealer to buy a new car from
thanks Richard
Old 08-11-12, 03:24 PM
Genecc
Driver School Candidate

Just curious what you and your girl friend do for a living and if you work for free. Don't expect a dealer to loose money to sell you a car if you expect the dealer to still be there when you need service.
Old 08-11-12, 03:41 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Genecc
Just curious what you and your girl friend do for a living and if you work for free. Don't expect a dealer to loose money to sell you a car if you expect the dealer to still be there when you need service.
how does this contribute to this thread or help answer OPs question in anyway?

OP if the dealer is already willing to sell you a car at invoice price I highly doubt they would budge any further. Maybe they can give a deal on some add ons but that would probably be it. Good luck with the purchase, and as I said in your other thread check the IS C section of this forum you may be able to get more advice from the IS C guys on their experiences prior to purchase.
Old 08-11-12, 04:13 PM
svtrich
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
how does this contribute to this thread or help answer OPs question in anyway?

OP if the dealer is already willing to sell you a car at invoice price I highly doubt they would budge any further. Maybe they can give a deal on some add ons but that would probably be it. Good luck with the purchase, and as I said in your other thread check the IS C section of this forum you may be able to get more advice from the IS C guys on their experiences prior to purchase.
thanks,went to IS C section we"ll see what pops up. the 2013;s we be here fairly soon and dealer has a lot of 2012 on the lot. they need to move them now or the price goes
Old 08-11-12, 04:20 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by svtrich
thanks,went to IS C section we"ll see what pops up. the 2013;s we be here fairly soon and dealer has a lot of 2012 on the lot. they need to move them now or the price goes
what exactly are you wanting to be included in your car as far as options goes, maybe you can find a older model with everything you want within the price range that you're going for? As far as I know the 2011-2012 model the only difference other than interior trim colors probably is the headlights. The 2011 has flat black housing and the led is yellowish, vs the 2012 is glossy black housing and the led is more white. The headlight cover also has what they call a eyelash on it that was supposed to prevent the bubbling defect that the 2011 headlights had, but unfortunately some members with the 2012 headlights have already encountered the bubbling defect on theirs. As far as I know there isnt a recall for the 2012 lights yet.
Old 08-11-12, 04:40 PM
wslwang
Driver School Candidate

The best deal I have heard is 500 dollars over invoice price. If they are selling with invoice price I would get it right away. I bet this is something with their yearly deal now. Under invoice price? I don't think they would do it. You are buying Lexus, not something else.
Old 08-11-12, 08:17 PM
svtrich
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wslwang
The best deal I have heard is 500 dollars over invoice price. If they are selling with invoice price I would get it right away. I bet this is something with their yearly deal now. Under invoice price? I don't think they would do it. You are buying Lexus, not something else.
Im not stupid.The msrp was around 53k,offered 51k out the door and he said we where very close.
Old 08-11-12, 08:19 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Genecc
Why do you think he'd be losing money selling under invoice?

Even selling AT invoice the dealer makes a profit based on the holdback amount the manufacturer pays... so they could go "under" by that amount without losing anything....and there's many other types of credits/rebates from the manufactuer that might give them even more room "under" invoice to still make a profit. Or to put it another way, at $500 "under" invoice the dealer is still making, at least, hundreds in profit.

Further, every month the car sits on the lot costs the dealer money, so (just to make up some #s) if it's the last day of the month and it's going to "cost" the dealer $200 to keep the car another month, he can "lose" $150 on it and still be ahead of not having sold it.

At this point, near the end of the lifecycle of the 2nd generation IS in general, and also just a few weeks away from the end of the 2012 model year as well, I'd be very surprised if you couldn't find under-invoice deals if you shopped around to enough dealers and were firm in what you're willing to pay... It'll be even easier next month for any left-over 2012s since the 2013s will be on the lot.
Old 08-12-12, 01:36 PM
svtrich
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Why do you think he'd be losing money selling under invoice?

Even selling AT invoice the dealer makes a profit based on the holdback amount the manufacturer pays... so they could go "under" by that amount without losing anything....and there's many other types of credits/rebates from the manufactuer that might give them even more room "under" invoice to still make a profit. Or to put it another way, at $500 "under" invoice the dealer is still making, at least, hundreds in profit.

Further, every month the car sits on the lot costs the dealer money, so (just to make up some #s) if it's the last day of the month and it's going to "cost" the dealer $200 to keep the car another month, he can "lose" $150 on it and still be ahead of not having sold it.

At this point, near the end of the lifecycle of the 2nd generation IS in general, and also just a few weeks away from the end of the 2012 model year as well, I'd be very surprised if you couldn't find under-invoice deals if you shopped around to enough dealers and were firm in what you're willing to pay... It'll be even easier next month for any left-over 2012s since the 2013s will be on the lot.
X2
I have a buddy who works at Dodge as a saleman and he really dosent know what the true DEALER COST is.we all know its not invoice.