ISC handling question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-12, 07:08 PM
FreshAir
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISC handling question

Hey Friends,

I've noticed the IS C ( I have a 2010) doesn't handle the same as a regular IS, I'm sure the 400 lb diff in weight has a lot to do with it. What's the most cost effective addition I can make to improve it?

Thanks
Old 07-31-12, 09:22 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Good question if I may add one other aspect of this, do you notice the front end tends to push out more when you go into a turn under power when the top is down? It might just be the stock tires but the front end seems to start to slide before the rear starts to break loose. I have never driven a regular IS so i'm not sure if it is the same.
Jeff
Old 08-01-12, 12:31 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sway bars then coilovers
Old 08-01-12, 07:50 AM
FreshAir
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISCjonny
sway bars then coilovers
Thanks,

Any particular ones you recommend, what should I expect to pay for something decent?
Old 08-03-12, 08:08 PM
FreshAir
Driver School Candidate

Are the F-sport ones OK? I was quoted $283 to install them if I supply them. That was at the Lexus dealer and they said it wouldn't void the warranty.
Old 08-05-12, 03:56 PM
flyguyscot
Driver School Candidate

I had an IS250 sport sedan and then bought an IS350C. The handling was terrible in comparison until I added sway bars and added the F sport springs and shocks. Made a world of difference and still maintained warranty. Honestly I still prefer the sport suspension in the sedan because it uses linear springs but the IS-F parts aren't too bad.

I installed them myself, but I would have gladly paid someone $280 to install them. I got them from Sewell Lexus, my dealership wanted full MSRP.

If you dont go with the IS-F springs and shocks, you'll want the rears to be a little stronger as the entire 400lb roof is in the rear when the top open.
Old 08-05-12, 09:58 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

IS-F parts and F sport parts are different.

and to the OP... FSport Sway Bars are fine.. I dont know of any other company at the moment that have sway bar's for our car. Even thought the chasis is supposedly the same as the sedan.. some of the suspension components are slightly different. ISC Fsport sway bars have different part numbers than the sedan Fsport sways.

and if you choose to install them yourself and something does happen to the car.. ONLY the suspension warranty will be voided.. IF they can prove that the improper installation caused the issue.. Just because you install aftermarket suspension parts doesnt mean your entire car warranty is voided.
Old 08-06-12, 02:45 PM
FreshAir
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone,

I'm ordering the F-sway kit. do I really need the coilovers also, won't the sway kit alone make a big difference? what will the coilovers do stiffen the ride?

Thanks
Old 08-06-12, 05:13 PM
flyguyscot
Driver School Candidate

My appologies, I really meant the F-Sport items, not IS-F.

The Sway bars are definately cheaper and easier to install. You could start with them and see if that's good enough for you. The F-sport shocks and springs will lower the car so it looks better and give you a tigher ride.

I installed everything at the same time so I can't comment on the sway bars alone.
Old 08-08-12, 07:07 PM
FreshAir
Driver School Candidate

ISCjonny recommended coilovers with the F-Sport sway kit, can anyone educate me on these and point me in the direction of a good reliable brand for a 2010 IS250C.

Thanks
Old 08-12-12, 12:59 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

Coilovers are basically a spring and shock system in 1 unit. With dampening control and height adjustability. Pricing can range from $650 - $2000. BC Racing makes a good coilover that won't break the bank around $1000.

Honestly. Go with the Sway Bars first... it will make a big difference already in regards to your handling concern. If you do not plan on lowering your car more than 2 inches you can consider springs later on. FSport or Swift are some good options.
Old 08-13-12, 10:12 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want a set of coilovers you will want a custom set made with heavier rates for the IS-C. Hit us up and we can help you with that.
Old 08-14-12, 12:17 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
If you want a set of coilovers you will want a custom set made with heavier rates for the IS-C. Hit us up and we can help you with that.
BC Racing has a set for the ISC with 10k front and 12k rears.
Old 08-26-12, 07:15 PM
MrJody
Driver School Candidate

I just got my sway bars installed and I could tell the difference immediately. I'm on the fence in regards to coilovers.
Old 08-26-12, 07:18 PM
MrJody
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flyguyscot
I had an IS250 sport sedan and then bought an IS350C. The handling was terrible in comparison until I added sway bars and added the F sport springs and shocks. Made a world of difference and still maintained warranty. Honestly I still prefer the sport suspension in the sedan because it uses linear springs but the IS-F parts aren't too bad.

I installed them myself, but I would have gladly paid someone $280 to install them. I got them from Sewell Lexus, my dealership wanted full MSRP.

If you dont go with the IS-F springs and shocks, you'll want the rears to be a little stronger as the entire 400lb roof is in the rear when the top open.
I have the sways now. What will I notice by adding fsport springs and shocks? Will the ride still be smooth? Or will I feel every little imperfection on the road.? This modding is addictive!!!

Quick Reply: ISC handling question