Hood damaged on high way - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Hood damaged on high way

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-12, 10:05 AM   #1
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
jgr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 957
Default Hood damaged on high way

Going to work a piece of metal flew off of a truck in front of me and bounced off the hood and windshield.
Attached Thumbnails
Hood damaged on high way-is350-damage-pics-003-800x531-.jpg   Hood damaged on high way-is350-damage-pics-011-800x531-.jpg   Hood damaged on high way-is350-damage-pics-012-800x531-.jpg  
jgr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 11:10 PM   #2
fknISC808
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
fknISC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,771
Default

Ouch! that sucks, take it to a shop to get fixed yet?
fknISC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 07:53 AM   #3
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
jgr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 957
Default

I got an estimate and have to make an appointment for the work. I just got back from a 3 week vacation to China so I didn't want to leave it in the shop while I was gone. The price was around $690 to fix. Going today to get my appointment. I will post with pics when done.
jgr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 11:57 AM   #4
fknISC808
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
fknISC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,771
Default

how was your trip? China would be awesome to visit, although a cousin of mine went there and came back a vegan. I hate repairs, they're always so expensive.
fknISC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 01:11 PM   #5
Sango
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC / Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,280
Default

Did you get the license plate of the truck? You can actually report that vehicle for this.
Sango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 05:06 PM   #6
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
jgr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknISC808 View Post
how was your trip? China would be awesome to visit, although a cousin of mine went there and came back a vegan. I hate repairs, they're always so expensive.
China was a great experience, the weather wasn't what I thought it would be but we went lots of places and saw a lot of very cool places. Spent 17 days in mainland China then off to Macau and Hong Kong for 5 more days. Started in Shanghai, went to Tongli and Suzhou than back to Shanghai and traveled from Shanghai up the Yangtze River. We stopped at Huangshan, Wuhan, Yichang and went through the Three Gorges Dam and locks. The next stop was Fengdu than Chongquing to see the Giant Pandas than off to Xi'an for a visit to the Terra Cotta Warriors. Next stop we flew to Beijing to see the Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. The next day was the Great Wall.
I am going to have to pay $250 Deductible to fix the car on comp claim so not so bad.
Jeff
jgr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 05:07 PM   #7
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
jgr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sango View Post
Did you get the license plate of the truck? You can actually report that vehicle for this.
Didn't have time to get the number as I was just starting to exit hwy and the truck didn't.
jgr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 10:46 AM   #8
fknISC808
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
fknISC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgr7 View Post
China was a great experience, the weather wasn't what I thought it would be but we went lots of places and saw a lot of very cool places. Spent 17 days in mainland China then off to Macau and Hong Kong for 5 more days. Started in Shanghai, went to Tongli and Suzhou than back to Shanghai and traveled from Shanghai up the Yangtze River. We stopped at Huangshan, Wuhan, Yichang and went through the Three Gorges Dam and locks. The next stop was Fengdu than Chongquing to see the Giant Pandas than off to Xi'an for a visit to the Terra Cotta Warriors. Next stop we flew to Beijing to see the Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. The next day was the Great Wall.
I am going to have to pay $250 Deductible to fix the car on comp claim so not so bad.
Jeff
WOW! sounds like a blast! I need to take a trip like that some day. nice deductible, sounds like everythings going to be just fine.
fknISC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 04:57 PM   #9
FreshAir
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ca
Posts: 13
Default

Are you sure you will need to pay the deductible, my insurance waives the deductible on comprehensive claims.
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 10:20 PM   #10
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
jgr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Are you sure you will need to pay the deductible, my insurance waives the deductible on comprehensive claims.
Mine does not waive deductible for comp calims, it is listed as $250 for comp. Thats the way it goes.
jgr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Tags
damage, hood, lexus, rx

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved