Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation > IS C
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Open Door Indicator

Old 04-06-12, 08:05 PM   #1
ATLSam
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Open Door Indicator

Since the past few days every time I turn (either way) in my '10 ISC the open door indicator for the left door goes of along with that annoying chime and that slight window opening/closing that occurs when a door is opened. Has anyone experienced this/found a fix? I really do not want to take a trip down to the dealership... its so dang far.

Every car I ever get seems to have bizarre problems...
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
ATLSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 12:28 AM   #2
wslwang
Driver School Candidate

Sound like you have a bad door push switch. It's a push switch with black rubber cover on it located aound stickers with tire pressure info. My old car had the similar problem when that swich is bend. You can try to push it and see if it working properly.
wslwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 02:36 PM   #3
fknISC808
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

mrbowman808 KngKamehameha808 mrbowman808
Send a message via AIM to fknISC808 Send a message via Yahoo to fknISC808

is it just me or does that chime come on whenever it feels like it? Some days, Ill turn the car off and open the door and nothing. Then some days, Ill open the door and goes off.

My Build Thread:fknISC808's Comback Build

fknISC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 08:08 PM   #4
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot
Trader Score: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSam View Post
Since the past few days every time I turn (either way) in my '10 ISC the open door indicator for the left door goes of along with that annoying chime and that slight window opening/closing that occurs when a door is opened. Has anyone experienced this/found a fix? I really do not want to take a trip down to the dealership... its so dang far.

Every car I ever get seems to have bizarre problems...
Yeah check the door switch plunger. One of the doors on my old IS sedan would occasionally stick in the closed position.

Make sure to check the screw that holds the plunger on the door is tight. I can't remember the exact details, but it's like a reverse ground or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknISC808 View Post
is it just me or does that chime come on whenever it feels like it? Some days, Ill turn the car off and open the door and nothing. Then some days, Ill open the door and goes off.
Depends on when you open the door. If you open it when the car is still on (or I think in accessory mode as well), it will remain chiming until you shut the door. When that happens I usually just push the plunger with my finger.

2006 IS350 -- Blue Onyx Pearl / Sterling; premium pkg SOLD

mikes rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 08:12 AM   #5
ATLSam
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wslwang View Post
Sound like you have a bad door push switch. It's a push switch with black rubber cover on it located aound stickers with tire pressure info. My old car had the similar problem when that swich is bend. You can try to push it and see if it working properly.
Thanks! I tried that... it worked for a while, then it came back again :s
Old 04-09-12, 09:14 PM   #6
fknISC808
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

mrbowman808 KngKamehameha808 mrbowman808
Send a message via AIM to fknISC808 Send a message via Yahoo to fknISC808

now that you mention that, it all makes sense. Thanks, I never put the two together. Thanks

My Build Thread:fknISC808's Comback Build

fknISC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 05:27 PM   #7
ATLSam
Driver School Candidate

Bizarrely enough... the problem came back. I took it to Lexus and they gave me a loaner car telling me they would call me about the problem.... Its been 2 days and no call yet.
Old 04-13-12, 05:27 PM

Tags
300, atlsam, brake, club, door, indicator, is300, lexus, open, policy, powered, rx, turns, vbulletin