IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

What is the condition of the navi screen in your IS C?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-12, 09:09 PM
Cerulean
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the condition of the navi screen in your IS C?

I just purchased a 2010 Lexus IS250C that is in impeccable condition except for the navigation screen which has some wear of the coating, especially in the lower right corner (where you tap "I agree" on the map display). I've attached a picture. A screen cleaner (what I use on my laptop) got off the fingerprints but didn't help the scratches and wear.

Have you experienced this type of wear on your screen? If so, what did you do about it? If you contacted the dealer, did they cover a repair?
Attached Thumbnails What is the condition of the navi screen in your IS C?-img-20120326-00103.jpg  
Old 03-27-12, 11:05 PM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the exact same problem with my used 2010. I'll check with the service advisor the next time I take it in.
Old 03-28-12, 07:34 AM
JKN2000
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its still under warranty, it should be covered. Doesn't hurt to get it looked over during your next maintenance visit.
Old 03-28-12, 07:38 AM
Cerulean
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jgbackes
I have the exact same problem with my used 2010. I'll check with the service advisor the next time I take it in.
Thanks. I think I will go by the dealer soon and see what they say. I need to transfer the warranty to my name anyway.
Old 03-31-12, 04:52 PM
Cerulean
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jgbackes
Let me know what s/he says. I went to the dealer today and was told this was something the manager would have to review, and he wasn't there. My guess from the service advisor's comments is that they will try to say this is wear and tear not covered by the warranty. I don't think a screen should be so fragile that it wears this much in less than 3 years. My husband has a 2006 LS430, and his screen looks way better than mine.
Old 04-01-12, 08:25 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have this problem with mine, but mine is also far from a daily driver, so I'm probably not much of help.
Old 04-10-12, 10:31 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been daily driving mine for about 3 years now and I have that issue also. I wish I bought a screen protector had I known the screen was going to be this way. Please let us know what your service adviser says when you check with them.
Old 04-10-12, 12:22 PM
Cerulean
Driver School Candidate

I made my third trip to the dealer today (met with SA first time who bumped me to manager for second visit who had me come today to meet with some factory rep), and they are going to replace the navigation system. They can't just replace the screen. She said it was more wear and tear than would be expected for the car age (2010) and mileage (26K). I think it helped that this is our third Lexus, which shows our brand loyalty. She also wanted to know if we typically service our cars at the dealer, which we don't. She said she hoped this would encourage me to do so in the future. I am very pleased and will definitely put a screen protector on the new system as soon as I get it.
Old 04-10-12, 01:06 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cerulean
I made my third trip to the dealer today (met with SA first time who bumped me to manager for second visit who had me come today to meet with some factory rep), and they are going to replace the navigation system. They can't just replace the screen. She said it was more wear and tear than would be expected for the car age (2010) and mileage (26K). I think it helped that this is our third Lexus, which shows our brand loyalty. She also wanted to know if we typically service our cars at the dealer, which we don't. She said she hoped this would encourage me to do so in the future. I am very pleased and will definitely put a screen protector on the new system as soon as I get it.

Wow, I dont think the dealer in Hawaii will be that lenient. Im still waiting for word on them replacing the aftermarket parts in my trunk because the trunk molding was messed up on my last visit and my trunk flooded. Ill ask the service advisor about this at my next visit. Thanks for the info, Ill use this for reference.
Old 04-15-12, 07:39 PM
ATLSam
Driver School Candidate

I drive my IS-C daily (2010) and it has 36,000 miles - and no wear to the Navigation. Its a lease car so I better be careful not to have that happen because they'll charge me tons
Old 05-02-12, 11:07 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

I just saw a TSB released regarding this on 2010-12 ISC models. Not sure about the USA, since I only have access to Canadian ones. I didn't read it close since it doesn't affect me.

Just mentioning it.

Jeff
Old 05-02-12, 11:18 PM
Cerulean
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
I just saw a TSB released regarding this on 2010-12 ISC models. Not sure about the USA, since I only have access to Canadian ones. I didn't read it close since it doesn't affect me.

Just mentioning it.

Jeff
Where can I find current TSBs?
Old 05-03-12, 11:25 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cerulean
Where can I find current TSBs?

look at the top of the forum page where the Log Out is, right next to that, is a link to look up TSB's.
Old 05-03-12, 12:02 PM
Cerulean
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. I didn't see anything about the navi but did see something about the seats making a lot of noise when being adjusted, which mine do. Will have that checked on my next trip to the dealer.
Old 05-04-12, 10:25 AM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Please post TSB info

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange

Just mentioning it.

Jeff
My Lexus has this problem. If you could give a link to the TSB information that would be great

jeff

Quick Reply: What is the condition of the navi screen in your IS C?