IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

is 250c 2010 top will not go down

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-11, 01:52 PM
Junecaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is 250c 2010 top will not go down

I borrowed my husbands car, he is out of town and I cannot reach him. I tried to open the convertible top and the console displayed OP Suspended. I tried to open the trunk using the button to the left of the steering wheel - no response. I check the trunk lock in the glove box and it is not locked. I was able to use the "close" option to stop the operation b/c other wise the car was kicking a red alert icon and telling me to stop the vehicle b/c the roof was half open.

I looked in the manual and I am not sure what is wrong except that something is preventing the trunk from opening. Please no wise cracks that I'm a chick.

Last edited by Junecaz; 10-28-11 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-28-11, 06:44 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll try to help you based on the info you posted

It looks like you may have let go of the switch when opening the top, which is what resulted in the OP Suspended message.

If, after that message popped up, you tried hitting the trunk release, then I believe that's correct that there would be no response, because the car hadn't been reset to either a completely open or closed state, and since the trunk moves as part of the assembly, it locks it out so to not cause any damage.

This would also be why you had a red alert icon......the top was in partial open mode.

I'll leave out the checking of the trunk lock, as that didn't make a difference either way in the situation.

So, the car let you close the top, which again would be expected, since it was in a partial open state.

AND....that is correct it will keep telling you to stop the vehicle because you have to be at an almost standstill in order to operate the top.

Again, I'm just writing this based on the order of things that you stated, but it looks like you either released the button while the top was opening, or (because you mentioned that it told you to stop the vehicle) you were going too fast when opening the top and the top shut itself down (....but, I tried that once and if memory serves it actually gives a different message than OP suspended).

Hope that helps.