IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

considering buying an IS C

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-11, 09:22 PM
felixdang
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default considering buying an IS C

i am looking into buyiung a lexus IS C.with all the bells and whistle but having a hard time deciding between the 2 models 250-350.

is it worth the extra money to buy the 350 fully loaded for for another 5-6k more... its pretty much just for the extra horse power, or is the 250 fine..
Old 01-16-11, 09:36 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Don't make the mistake of buying a 250 if you can afford a 350. Test drive both and make your final decision from there.
Old 01-16-11, 09:41 PM
felixdang
Driver

im considering if i should buy a use 2010 isc or should i buy a brand new one...its saving me at least 10k if i buy last yrs model

what is the warrenty for buying a brand new lexus, is it like BMW with 4yrs no maintenance
Old 01-17-11, 12:14 AM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should get it new. Buying it new, your apr % will be much lower than buying it used(assuming you've got good credit), and it will be NEW! the apr and the "NEW" part should balance out your 10k savings with buying it used.
Old 01-17-11, 12:26 AM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This issue has been discussed many times. It all boils down to what you're looking for in the car: the spicy, more power, less mpg recipe, or the sweet, more mpg, less power recipe? Driver A may find the 204hp completely content, while Driver B may find it completely inadequate for his/her driving style.

Test drive both and determine this yourself. Don't let people tell you what and what not to buy/drive. Financially, if you can afford it, then go for it (better to have it and no need it than need it and not have it). If money is tight, then choose wisely.
Old 01-17-11, 02:20 AM
willfxp
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mong
You should get it new. Buying it new, your apr % will be much lower than buying it used
Not always true. The local credit unions that I've shopped at considers three year old cars new. Also, the rate differences between new and used is only a couple points, if that (the ones I saw were only half a percent higher). It's the "new" part that would be worth the $10k, not the interest rate.

-will
Old 01-17-11, 08:08 AM
Koukir32
Driver School Candidate

Well, my gf bought one in July, and she wasn't much of a car enthsiast or lead footer, and she choose 350. Need I say more? And quick reminder is that the ISC is consider a heavier car mostly due to it's retractable hardtop. More power don't hurt, unless you are looking for Manual transmission or else 350 is the only logical choices since the 250 model fuel consumption is not much better than the 350 has about 100hp advantages
Old 01-17-11, 08:18 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait for the ISF Vert.
Old 01-17-11, 10:17 AM
Bottledfed
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nmpeter
Don't make the mistake of buying a 250 if you can afford a 350. Test drive both and make your final decision from there.
lol Don't make the mistake of buying a Lexus if you can afford a Ferrari. Sorry thats is the worse advise ever. There is always something better.
Old 01-17-11, 10:25 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

I would test drive both but get the 350 if possible the extra power is almost a must. It was for me at least.
Old 01-17-11, 11:59 AM
felixdang
Driver

Tks I appreciate all the advice. (Very helpful)

Because this is my first time buying a luxury car I'm curious what you guys pay for insurance
Old 01-17-11, 12:44 PM
willfxp
Driver

Originally Posted by felixdang
Because this is my first time buying a luxury car I'm curious what you guys pay for insurance
Call your insurance company to get a quote. Everything is different.

Also ask them if you buy a car, will your existing policy cover it as soon as you drive it off the lot. One dealer sold me a 14-day policy (not Lexus dealership), which my insurance agent told me I didn't need to get. Something like the state law (California) says existing policies will last at least three days or something. Check first
Old 01-17-11, 06:15 PM
LexFather

With the additional weight of the convertible top I would get the 350. That said the 250 is more than ample.
Old 01-17-11, 07:43 PM
warmcaram3
Rookie

im considering if i should buy a use 2010 isc or should i buy a brand new one...its saving me at least 10k if i buy last yrs model

what is the warrenty for buying a brand new lexus, is it like BMW with 4yrs no maintenance
Lexus limited warranty coverage include 4yr/50K mile basic coverage. I don't think it offers free oil change for the entire duration of the warranty as oppose to BMW . I've only had two oil changes for my 2010 is350c at the dealership and both times were complimentary (this was within a year of owning the car)

Like what other members of this forum had stated, selecting a 250 or 350 is entirely up to the owner's preference. I'm also a gal, if that helps with your descision lol. Personally, I would've had buyer's remorse if I went with the 250c- but I chose 350c so I am extremely satisfied! Keep in mind that this car is close to 4,000lbs.

Regarding insurance, it depends on your driving record, your insurance company, type of coverage (but im almost positive you have to get full coverage since its an expensive new car), age, gender, if you're solo or on a family plan, and etc. Just call around different insurance companies and ask for a quote.

Other things to consider about this car- if you end up getting the 350c brand new, be prepared to spend over $50K because of the added accessories. There are other great looking cars out there for $50K! Also, for some reason, the wheel gap in the front is awfully huge, even with the 18" wheels. If you plan on modding this car, there's not a lot of aftermarket performance parts for this car.. just mainly the F-Sport accessories from Lexus. Try asking your salesperson if they would throw in some of the F Sport accessories for you as perks

Hope this helps!
Old 01-17-11, 07:52 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

I pay $500 a year for my IS250 (100/300 liability, comp, collision, UM, with $1000 deductible on collision and zero deductible on all other perils). But I'm 59 and have been with the same insurance company for over 30 years. If you're under 25, better have a talk with mom and pop!

Quick Reply: considering buying an IS C