IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

IS250C roof issues

Old 03-08-10, 03:36 PM
Mocchi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS250C roof issues

Hello and sorry for posting here but I did not find an IS250C specific forum to post on!

OK I am curious if anyone that has the IS250 convertible has experienced any issues with it? I Have had intermittent noise in the "plastics" that make up the back part (between the back seat head rests and the back window. Depending on road conditions noise comes from there (if the road is rougher or uneven you can hear clicking, rattling, etc., sometimes excessively).

Also this past weekend I got in my car and could hear all sorts of sounds coming from the roof (my guess is that looks came loose but I don't know). I retracted the roof just fine. When I attempted to close it however to cover the car again the movement stopped, the movement of the two back "panels" that move inward and outward was uneven. It took about a minute for the whole process to finish. The noises coming from the roof however disappeared (which led me to believe that the computer put the locks in the correct place - is this computerized?).

I'm hoping the process is computerized because I could take the car to the dealer for servicing but last time I told them about noise and they said they found nothing. HOW do you take care of something when its intermittent and may or may not happen when they test drive it at the dealer while getting serviced? This is and expensive car and I would hope I get my money's worth and not have problems with it only a few months into my ownership.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-10, 03:44 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

there is quite a bit of chatter on my.is ISx50C sub-forum about squeaks and noises. I would recommend taking it to a dealer in regards to the operation of the roof. From what i read on the other site, you have the same issues that others are experiencing.

From my experience, on smooth paved roads my car is silent. On crappy roads, the noises show themselves here and there. But I do take this into consideration, its a convertible. And the first one for that matter so as much as i would not like to hear those noises, i deal with it. People might say "but its a lexus!" why yes it is, but...it is a convertible. I would like to think that all verts out there act this way.

good luck with your issue.
Old 03-08-10, 04:03 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^I agree. Very well put.

Rattles are inevitable with verts due to design (ie- header rattles, B-pillar rattles).
However, there are some issues that seem to be common that can potentially be fixed (ie- rattles from behind the headrests)
Old 03-08-10, 11:05 PM
jvela008
Driver School Candidate

the plastic in the back in my car makes noises too but i thought it was from my 20 inch rims im over it though, i havent had any problems with the top but you should definitely get it fixed, it is an expensive car.
Old 03-09-10, 05:23 AM
Mocchi
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your replies! Fknisc808, what site are you talking about? Is it possible for you to share so I can read up on it and possibly show it at the dealer to prove that others are having issues? Thanks!
Old 03-09-10, 05:24 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocchi
Thanks for your replies! Fknisc808, what site are you talking about? Is it possible for you to share so I can read up on it and possibly show it at the dealer to prove that others are having issues? Thanks!
http://my.is/forums/

Specifically, the IS-C section, which is here: http://my.is/forums/f196/