Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation > IS C
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Can +35MM offset wheels fit a IS250C ?

Old 02-01-10, 12:39 PM   #1
ddotderek
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Can +35MM offset wheels fit a IS250C ?

Does anybody know if +35MM offset 20" vossen wheels can fit a IS250 Convertible? I can get these wheels for a great deal and want to make sure they can fit, I called Vossen and they have no idea, thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
ddotderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 12:57 PM   #2
fknISC808
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

mrbowman808 KngKamehameha808 mrbowman808
Send a message via AIM to fknISC808 Send a message via Yahoo to fknISC808

^^Got your pm on My.IS, but i havent logged in there for a while.

The wheels that I currently have on my car are Stock wheels from another make. but it currently sits at

19x8 +35 front
19x8.5 +35 rear

If you were to go any wider with these offsets, you'll need fenderwork depending on your drop. I am still trying to figure out the best offsets for the verts because the fenderwells differ from the 4 doors.

GL with your purchase.

My Build Thread:fknISC808's Comback Build

fknISC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 01:06 PM   #3
ddotderek
Driver School Candidate

thank you for the fast response. Ugh I am upset because I had a great deal on some Vossen 20x9 & 20x10.5 with 35MM offset...I only planned to do a 1inch drop with some f-sports...Are you positive that I will need frame work? its a lease so I don't want to mess with anything that will will change anything permanently
Old 02-01-10, 02:17 PM   #4
fknISC808
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

mrbowman808 KngKamehameha808 mrbowman808
Send a message via AIM to fknISC808 Send a message via Yahoo to fknISC808

Had my boy who knows more about offsets take a look at it. he said that you'll poke out the rear an inch. here is the data. "I" would not go with this setup

Proposed:
F: 235/30/20, 20x9 +35
R: 275/30/20, 20x10.5 +35

Backspacing:
F: Sits with 3mm (.1") LESS backspace (less suspension clearance)
R: Sits with 10mm (.4") LESS backspace (less suspension clearance)

Fender Clearance:
F: Sticks out 15mm (.6") more than stock
R: Sticks out 25mm (1") more than stock

My Build Thread:fknISC808's Comback Build

fknISC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 08:01 PM   #5
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot
Trader Score: (14)

OP: I got your PM on my.is as well but haven't logged on in a few days.

Compared to fknISC808, I'm running a 8.5" +40 front and a 9" +40 rear, which would actually mean that I have 11mm less inner clearance and stick out 1mm more than him all around. I have a VERY slight rub in the front (using 225/35/19 tires), and no problems in the rear (265/35/19)....
I'm only sticking out 16mm from stock in the rear. The rear looks like it could rub in the rear if I drop it, but I'm pretty sure it won't due to where the bumpstops are and how the tires arc when moving up/down.
The fronts are in 1mm over stock, and stick out 11mm more than stock. They have a very slight rub on the fenderwell under articulation that a little heat gun should take care of.

Also, I have zero fender mods.....no rolling/no cutting/etc. Of course, ALL of this assumes that my wheels are exactly to the specs (as they should be).
But, like fknISC808 said, I can't picture sticking out further than the 16mm in the rear and not requiring some fenderwork. But, keep in mind that tire width can also affect everything.

But, what you should do is take a look at this website, and plug in your current and proposed specs and go from there:
http://1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Based on all of my experience running the numbers and measuring once, twice, three times, before getting my wheels, I can share some information.

FRONTS: AFAIK the front wheels/suspension is the same as the sedan. So, what fits the sedan should fit the vert, and vice versa. Although, on the flip side, I *assumed* that and never actually measured them compared to the sedan. And, considering that sources say the front fenders are different, it's *possible* that there could be a slight difference in fitment.

NOW FOR THE REAR: although it doesn't look it, there's actually *slightly* more clearance in the rear to stick the wheels out compared to the sedan. But, because the rear fenders don't have a chiseled fender flare like the sedan, there's an optical illusion that there's less clearance.

The best thing I could say though is to use that offset calculator and get down and measure it on your personal car. I did a lot of measuring, figuring out exactly how much inner and outer clearance I had on my personal car before committing to my wheel specs.

Here's my rear for reference:
Click the image to open in full size.

2006 IS350 -- Blue Onyx Pearl / Sterling; premium pkg SOLD

Last edited by mikes rx; 02-01-10 at 08:20 PM..
mikes rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 10:35 PM   #6
ddotderek
Driver School Candidate

thank you for all the help guys, appreciate it!
Old 02-04-10, 10:35 PM

Tags
20, 250, 300, 35, 35mm, fit, is250c, lexus, mm, offset, offsets, vossen, wheel, wheele, wheels