IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

ISC Owners, any complaints

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-10, 02:01 PM
foxwiz
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I'm wondering: Did they buy back your car for the rattles or for the roof fitment. Buying back your car cause of rattles sounds kinda strange..........buying back your car cause the roof couldn't be adjusted is something else

Not to sound like a jerk, but this is a convertible. Yes, a lexus convertible, but a convertible nonetheless. Certain rattles are inevitable due to design.

I will agree though that the rattles are annoying when the top is up, but my way of solving it: radio on and/or top down.......seems to help thus far

It started with rattles in the front of the top. They tried to fix it and when I got it back, the alignment of the top didn't fit. You could run your hand over the top and feel a noticable bump. They tried to fix it again. Moved the rattles to the right side of the vehicle. Radio up, still you could hear the rattling over the radio.

I know that all convertibles rattle, but this was way beyond normal. The last time they had the vehicle, they had it 8 days, they even put a tech in the trunk to isolate the rattling. Couldn't do it.

If you were in my shoes, you would do the same thing. I test drove other IS250 and IS350 vehicles to see if it was just my car or the problem exists throughout the line. It was just my car!

I really hated to turn in the car but after paying close to $50k with everything, you want the car to be perfect. The problem started 3 months and 5,000 miles into ownership.
Old 06-06-10, 02:21 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This month makes it a year that ive had my car (candy is her name). I am still loving it since the day i bought her!

everyone before my post has pretty much hit the topics for discussion. So all i can say is I LOVE MY ISC! now all i need is money to fall of the trees here so i can get more MODS!
Old 07-05-10, 06:24 PM
briboynyc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattles and more rattles

Ive had my IS350C for a year now and I noticed the rattling about 2-3 months after purchasing it. It's been in the shop for a half dozen times totaling close to 30 days. The've replaced the rollbar covers and that still didn't fix it. They installed felt around the plastic moving parts but the sounds still there. You can clearly see sections where the felt is wearing thin.
Now the sound from the rear right passenger side is becoming louder and I hear a sound right above my left ear on the drivers side.
When I complained about the sound I was told to turn the stereo louder. I was shocked when I heard that.
Back in the winter I brought it in for the last time and it appeared that most of the noises were gone, but they're all slowly coming back. I only have 7k miles on the car so it's not as if I'm doing a lot of driving with a lot of wear and tear. Im bringing my car in for the 10k mile service and I will have them keep the car until they can fix the sounds. My advice...stay away from the convertible. The IS250 and 350 are quiet, but the convertible is noise. Go to BMW or Infiniti.
Old 01-16-13, 07:32 PM
StellaBlue
Driver School Candidate

Let me start by saying this is my first real post to the whole group and looking forward to contributing. So, I found this old thread and thought I would revive it since I recently purchased my 2010 Ultrasonic Blue/Alabaster interior IS 250C. Interesting about what happened to a couple members and the problems they had, especially with rattles, which I have never had a problem with. Since the thread was from 2010, I was worried that my 2010 might have similar problems. However, I love my car in the two months I've owned it. But since the title of the thread is "any complaints" I thought I would just post a couple issues. In fact, I'm curious to see if newer models have improved any since then. Of course, first would be the power or lack thereof. Probably wouldn't miss it, except when compared to the G37, Volvo C70, and the BMW 328i and 335i, it just can't compare. (I'm sure if I had the 350C, I'd feel different, but oh well). That said, Lexus beat all those in just about every other category, and I clearly feel the Lexus was the best choice among those competitors. The only other issue I have is with the subpar stereo. I don't know if it ever improved and would be curious to hear from others if the stereo system has gotten better over the years. Other things aren't complaints but just wishes that I'm hoping they put on newer models such as the Blind Spot Monitoring and LED lighting.

Glad to be a part of the club. Looking forward to hearing from others.
Old 01-25-13, 07:15 PM
350CBlue
Driver School Candidate

Default 2010 IS 350 C owner here

No issues - just loving it everyday. I did make some changes
FSport sway bars added
also changed to sport pedals

I do most of my own work - oils changes etc., No issues to report however
I have 20K miles