IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Planning a ISC purchase for the woman...need some help

Old 03-26-12, 01:11 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Planning a ISC purchase for the woman...need some help

She currently drives a Miata PRHT and we need something with a back seat. I suggested Audi A5, but she has to have retractable hardtop.

SC is not happening, as the rear seat are pretty unuseable.

So we are left with G37 vert vs ISC vert, vs 3 series vert. She thinks the 3 series looks slab sided, and doesn't want it.

Realistically with my track record with Lexus, I am leaning towards the ISC for her. We haven't decided on 250 vs 350 yet.

Main question I have is there anybody here with a kid that has a ISC? We need a back seat to be useable, otherwise her Miata is fine.

So does anybody know if a rear facing or forward facing child seat will fit in the ISC? I would like to gauge the answer of this question, before taking my child seat down to the dealer and trying it out.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-26-12, 09:01 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My kids are grown but have been in the back of my ISC. They have told me the seat is ok size it is just getting in and out and leg room is not the greatest. I have the 350 with the lux package which has the power entry to the rear which helps.
Old 03-27-12, 10:51 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info JGR.

We also have a MINI cooper, so I know rear leg seat room is right. We have a dedicated kid hauler, so the ISC won't be it, but it needs to work in a pinch.

I suppose with the lack of responses, I need to take the car seats to the dealer and try out
Old 03-27-12, 11:31 AM
JKN2000
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the IS350c and utilize the back seat for my 4 yr old son. I use the Graco Nautilus 3 - 1 convertible seat. It works fine. The front seat does not have to be all the way up.. And my son is a little tall for his age. The carseat however fits just right. I wouldn't advise having the back part of the car seat too high up as you risk the seat getting crushed by the top when folding it back up. The Nautilus fits just right w/ very little room to hit the roof.

I can post pics if you like. Just let me know..
Old 03-27-12, 11:37 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JKN2000
I have the IS350c and utilize the back seat for my 4 yr old son. I use the Graco Nautilus 3 - 1 convertible seat. It works fine. The front seat does not have to be all the way up.. And my son is a little tall for his age. The carseat however fits just right. I wouldn't advise having the back part of the car seat too high up as you risk the seat getting crushed by the top when folding it back up. The Nautilus fits just right w/ very little room to hit the roof.

I can post pics if you like. Just let me know..
Excellent advice! That is exactly what I am looking for. Would love to see the pic how the baby sit seats in the rear seat, and also the "space" between your driver seat (when you have it set at your height) and the car seat...how tall are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Ours is also a Graco Nautilus--but is a rearward facing now..and we will get a forward facing convertible this October.

Thank you very much.
Old 03-27-12, 02:09 PM
JKN2000
Driver

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Excellent advice! That is exactly what I am looking for. Would love to see the pic how the baby sit seats in the rear seat, and also the "space" between your driver seat (when you have it set at your height) and the car seat...how tall are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Ours is also a Graco Nautilus--but is a rearward facing now..and we will get a forward facing convertible this October.

Thank you very much.
Hi Ryan..
Here are some pics... I placed the car seat on the passenger side. Since my wife doesn't need that much leg room. However it is still comfortable for me to sit on the passenger side (me being 5'9"). Rest assure, my son sits comfortably in his car seat w/ good leg room. Hope that helps.... BTW, apologize for the crappy cell ph pics... Figure give you a quick idea of seating.

Cheers,
Jimmy
Attached Thumbnails Planning a ISC purchase for the woman...need some help-wp_000153.jpg   Planning a ISC purchase for the woman...need some help-wp_000154.jpg   Planning a ISC purchase for the woman...need some help-wp_000155.jpg  
Old 03-28-12, 08:18 AM
Cerulean
Driver School Candidate

Ryan,

If you go look at the IS C, I would recommend carefully checking the rear window view with the car seat in place. It is not great to begin with, and I would want to make sure the view is still okay. I keep the padded seat rests in the back down to have a better view.
Old 03-28-12, 10:33 AM
JKN2000
Driver

Originally Posted by Cerulean
Ryan,

If you go look at the IS C, I would recommend carefully checking the rear window view with the car seat in place. It is not great to begin with, and I would want to make sure the view is still okay. I keep the padded seat rests in the back down to have a better view.
For me, the headrests up i still had a decent view. Its not obstructed IMO. But you are right that rear window is not so great...
Old 03-28-12, 08:13 PM
wslwang
Driver School Candidate

My 4 year old son with convertible seat are pretty ok in the back, but my daughter with forward facing seat have little spacing issue. She would just none stop kicking my head rest.