IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Picking up the IS350C tomorrow...questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-09, 02:19 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Picking up the IS350C tomorrow...questions.

Well, after leasing the IS350 for about 42 wonderful months it was time to move on to another car (loved the A5, but they want a kings ransom for it). The IS really was a great car, I must say....hated to leave the Lexus family too. I was torn about the convertible and etc, and obviously the price....however, after seeing it in person it was pretty damn nice. I ended up getting a good deal on it too...and I am definitely excited about getting the car tomorrow (black on black).

The biggest negative was the wheel gap...I had the car lowered before I even picked it up, it would have bothered me to no end. They installed IS-F springs, and I have still not seen the results. I am tinting the car Sat or Mon. As for rims, I have a few PMs out, hoping to get some 19's for the car....read everyones posts, and here in NJ 20's will prob bend like tin foil, my last set of 19's was pretty banged up after 4 years.

*Anyone out there know if the IS-C has a different offset than the IS? I know its a little longer.

*Also, is the IS-F exhaust and intake the way to go or is there something better? Again, the exhaust may be a prob becuase it is different than the sedans exhaust.

*Assuming the offset is the same, what offset and tire sizes are ideal. Front? not too sure about (235/35/19????), back...I was thinking 275/30/19....will this rub at all though? I know it depends on the offset and etc.
Old 07-08-09, 02:34 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GL with that, i would like to know too. i just picked up a 250. everything should be the same right?
Old 07-08-09, 02:50 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Ya know, I've been mulling this over Doesn't IS stand for Intelligent Sedan SC stands for Sports Coupe, ES for Executive Sedan and etc. If that's the case Then the IS C stands for Intelligent Sedan Coupe Shouldn't it have been called the IC

Lou
Old 07-08-09, 02:57 PM
outlaws
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Ya know, I've been mulling this over Doesn't IS stand for Intelligent Sedan SC stands for Sports Coupe, ES for Executive Sedan and etc. If that's the case Then the IS C stands for Intelligent Sedan Coupe Shouldn't it have been called the IC

Lou
I was baffled when my friend asked me what IS stands for... and I just did a quick google on "intelligent sedan" and it's suposed to be "intelligent sport"
Old 07-08-09, 02:57 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

You too fknISC808. Only thing that is different is the engine, brakes and possibly rims. As for the sedan, our car is longer and only shares the hood with the sedan.

lowrideraz, I have always wondered about their names...logic would tell you that they want to relate the products, as well as show sales number sunder the IS name....but we could sit here all day and argue about the GX, or the fact that the SC was once a coupe...now a convertible...and now is retired as of last week.

But I digress, any help to the above questions, and lowrideraz is appreciated.
Old 07-08-09, 03:11 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

IS-F parts like intake/exhaust/springs don't go on the ISx50... you probably mean F-sport parts.

I'm not a huge fan of the exhaust because it's insanely priced for the hp gain, but some people think it's worth it for the sound.

I'm not a fan of the springs because they're progressive rate...I am a big fan of the linear OEM sport suspension springs.

The intake isn't bad, gains are as good as any, and if you're in CA it's your only legal option... the Joe Z will give you the same gain for less money but not legal in CA and it doesn't make as much noise (though you can fix that second part cutting holes in your stock airbox to match the F-sport one)
Old 07-08-09, 03:26 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

roger that, thanks. never knew about the meanings, haha never even really thought about it.
Old 07-08-09, 05:22 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The exhaust wont fit. I've seen the fully F sport out IS-C and it has everything except exhaust. Even JoeZ suspects this.
Old 07-08-09, 05:25 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome back to CL. I believe that the F-SPort exhaust for sedans are much different for the one offered for the new IS C. Good luck with all your mods. Can't wait to see pics.
Old 07-09-09, 05:50 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikez
The exhaust wont fit. I've seen the fully F sport out IS-C and it has everything except exhaust. Even JoeZ suspects this.
The F-sport website lists different part numbers for the exhaust and other parts. The springs I had put on are different than the sedan ones, as for the exhaust I will ask the dealer, and hopefully some one over there knows. Really want to do rims before that though, but with 20%...well, thats tempting.
Old 07-09-09, 06:59 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lowrideraz

Lou
IS = Intelligent Sport
Old 07-09-09, 04:08 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

waiting for that fresh off the lot pics? what package and color did you go with?
Old 07-09-09, 04:40 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully you picked up an Ultrasonic Blue..
Old 07-10-09, 12:07 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
IS = Intelligent Sport
it actually means international sedan.... read it somewhere in a magazine haha
Old 07-10-09, 01:14 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

cant wait to see your new ride.

Quick Reply: Picking up the IS350C tomorrow...questions.