IS Convertible Coupe anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 08:18 AM
helriser
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool IS Convertible Coupe anyone??

Hello to all,

Being the Lexus and BMW fan that I'm I was very interested in the new 3s when they first arrived. However, I am seriously turned off by the design, especially the rear end which I truly hate. It just doen't look like a BMW's rear. So, my hope went to the coupe model and so far from what I've seen on the spy pics, I am already dissapointed. The IS came to save the day but I very much would prefer a coupe. Since no information has flown my way (Lexus is in tight lip mode) I was wondering if any one (insiders) would know when the convertible coupe might be due (a better date than 2007) and will it only come in the high performance RWD version. I don't need 400+ horses, but hard top convertible is a must as I was very close to getting an SC430 until I realized I really need proper rear seats that actual humans can fit in.

Any word would help.

Thanks
Old 03-01-06, 08:19 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As far as I know, there has been unconfirmed reports that a coupe and convertible will be available by January 2007. The coupe and convertible might show up in a car show real soon...
Old 03-01-06, 09:06 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

hopefully lexus will reveal a coupe whenever BMW reveals their 3 coupe to rain on their parade, hopefully a manual as well
Old 03-01-06, 09:21 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
As far as I know, there has been unconfirmed reports that a coupe and convertible will be available by January 2007. The coupe and convertible might show up in a car show real soon...

April '06 Road and Track showed up in my mail yesterday. They said the coupe " (IS 500) could make an appearance as soon as late this year." The picture of the coupe looked pretty cool IMO. Now of course I WANT ONE to park next to my IS350.
Old 03-01-06, 09:26 AM
saleem
Pole Position

here is a rendering I found obviously based on the LF-C with cool looking exhaust . Its coming boys just hold on to your pants when the production is launched in January I know it will look a lot better than this rendering. Think even better than G35C

Old 03-01-06, 09:39 AM
deuce2
Rookie

the bmw 335i coupe is coming out this summer with 306 hp also to compete with the current IS350.
Old 03-01-06, 10:16 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea thats the IS500 picture in the newest Road and Track issue. They show various renditions of other japanese sportscars coming out, S2000 replacement, supra, rx7, etc. Damn the 2 door looks so good
Old 03-01-06, 10:34 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

I hope it doesn't look like that ^^^. I think the IS coupe should have a totally different body from the IS sedan, like the G35 coupe compared with the G35 sedan.
Old 03-01-06, 11:11 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saleem, you sound like you've seen it. any other details you could share with us?

i thought the car was only coming in hardtop convertible form. and that it was being revealed in geneva?
Old 03-01-06, 11:29 AM
saleem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by knihc2008
saleem, you sound like you've seen it. any other details you could share with us?

i thought the car was only coming in hardtop convertible form. and that it was being revealed in geneva?
I have not seen it. But I have spoken to people higher up in the Toyota/Lexus marketing and sales . My brother knows and deals with the local Mcgrath lexus dealer here in Chicagoland in westmont. I work with my brother and he buys a lot of new car trades that people bring in at the dealership so he has a very good relationship with them. I got VIP passes to the Chicago autoshow and spoke with a few senior marketing reps and showed em the copy of the lexus release schedule that was posted here on the forums. He was a bit surprised and nodded with a smile that the release schedule is correct. I couldnt get any more specific specs as to what will be available all they mentioned was "think bigger, much more than the current IS" I dont know but it seems very promising. The IS convertible will be launching soon. My bet is the Newyork autoshow Infiniti recently said they would show the new G35 model sedan and coupe there so I would expect more from Lexus.
Old 03-01-06, 11:32 AM
tdog09
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexustom
April '06 Road and Track showed up in my mail yesterday. They said the coupe " (IS 500) could make an appearance as soon as late this year." The picture of the coupe looked pretty cool IMO. Now of course I WANT ONE to park next to my IS350.

word, but i want the convertible
Old 03-01-06, 11:37 AM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

My money is on the release of a 2-dr hard top convertible. I don't think a standard coupe will be released.
Old 03-01-06, 11:51 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

THese renderings that I have seen so far all look good, but as previously said I hope it doesnt look exactly like the sedan, and I highly doubt they would do that(based on previous Toyota/Lexus coupe sedan models). I honestly hope it looks real close to the LF-C concept that was shown last spring in NYC.
Old 03-01-06, 11:53 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
THese renderings that I have seen so far all look good, but as previously said I hope it doesnt look exactly like the sedan, and I highly doubt they would do that(based on previous Toyota/Lexus coupe sedan models). I honestly hope it looks real close to the LF-C concept that was shown last spring in NYC.
Not the LF-C rear end, the LF-C has a really hideous butt
Old 03-01-06, 11:54 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Not the LF-C rear end, the LF-C has a really hideous butt
LOL...yea I agree with ya on that. Front and side only. I really loved the side profile a lot.

Quick Reply: IS Convertible Coupe anyone??