2007 IS350 Convertible!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-05, 03:04 PM
1Violinist
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2007 IS350 Convertible!

This was posted on Edmunds forum by "dojo75":

I just got off the phone with the dealership here in Indianapolis and they are expecting the first 10-11 IS 350 models to come in the frist week in October, that is certain. They will all be fully loaded with Nav and ML systems and is expected to top right around $41,000....I will take this as a speculation since Lexus has not released that information so that was his guess.

Now for the best part and this is NOT speculation. Sometime in 2006, Lexus will introduce the 2007 IS350 model with a 2 door, (single) hard top convertible option. I asked him if he was certain about this and he said it is a done deal and NOT speculation!! He DID speculate that it would be in the mid to high 40s but duh!! I Depending on how the 2006 model prices and sells I would not be suprised if it topped out in the low 50s....but that is my speculation since there are no other cars in this class to compare it with. The only thing that I was not able to get out of him was whether the 2007 model would have a manual gear box and if that would come on the coupe-convertible model.....he could not say for sure. I know we've all speculated that Lexus would bring out a coupe - convertible in the future but can anyone validate the information I just got from my dealership? I don't know about you folks but I'm waiting a year to buy my IS 350!!
Old 09-20-05, 04:44 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely good news.

I hope that they'll give it a more distinctive body along the lines of the LF-C and look less like its sedan sibling. It'll sell like CRAZY (for a 2-door, that is).

On the other hand, I kinda wish they leave the hardtop vert business to a SC350. The IS as a 3 competitor can have a soft top and/or a true coupe option so that it remains affordable and an entry, sporty model.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 09-20-05 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-20-05, 04:53 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

It's good for Lexus if it's true, but for myself, I'd rather have a 2 door coupe rather than a hard-top convertible IS350.
Old 09-20-05, 05:11 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

^^^ Werd. That alone could bump up the cost by a few grand. Good thing though it probably wont sell in such great quantities like the 3-series coupe or maybe G35 coupe cause a lot of people dont want or need a convertible.

But I would still consider purchasing it if it resembles anything like the LF-C from a year ago and comes with a manual.

Last edited by magneto112; 09-20-05 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-20-05, 05:12 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If Lexus learns from what is being said about the current IS350, they should make the coupe/convertible with on/off switch for the VDIM, lighten/remove some of the standard stuff here and there, make the Luxury Sports Package with 18" wheels standard, and keep the cost close to the sedan. The coupe should be a little cheaper; fabric convertible should be about $4k more; and a hardtop convertible should be about $8-$10k more.

Of course the convertible BMW 3-series is the comprable match for a fabric-top IS convertible. Mercedes Benz has the SLK which is the least expensive hardtop convertible out there. The SLK280 (228 hp) starts at about $44k, and the SLK350 (268 hp) starts at about $50k. These two are approx $10k more than the IS250/350 (loaded) respectively, and will be comparable to the IS if it does provide a hardtop option.

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 09-20-05 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-20-05, 05:32 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Definitely good news.

I hope that they'll give it a more distinctive body along the lines of the LF-C and look less like its sedan sibling . . .
Definately not the LF-C 's ultra fugly rear end
Old 09-20-05, 05:56 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

i will believe it when i hear it from a more reliable source. (not saying it couldnt be true... but...)

If it is true, they need to focus on making a straight 2 door coupe first. get this convertible crap outa here. Although a hard top convertible isn't that bad I guess....
Old 09-20-05, 08:10 PM
xsfo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by the_ez_rhino
i will believe it when i hear it from a more reliable source.
Oh but car dealers NEVER lie and make stuff up...
Let's wait on a NON-dealer source for confirmation.
Old 09-20-05, 11:03 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

I've had first hand-experience with many of the sales crew at Tom Wood Lexus in Indianapolis area.... its where we go for service..... nice people, but I'm usually always telling them about whats in the Lexus future according to what i see here on the net. I'd take what they say with a grain of salt.
Old 09-21-05, 04:40 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

indeed, it is very unlikely that either salesman or their product trainers know about future IS models...
Old 09-22-05, 09:57 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

did you put down a deposit on the 2007 is350 convertible?
Old 09-23-05, 06:08 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
I've had first hand-experience with many of the sales crew at Tom Wood Lexus in Indianapolis area.... its where we go for service..... nice people, but I'm usually always telling them about whats in the Lexus future according to what i see here on the net. I'd take what they say with a grain of salt.
That goes for everything. I love telling cell phone reps what's up and coming because they usually have less of an idea than my cat does about upcoming products.

However, I don't really consider this to be too far-fetched, so anything's possible
Old 09-23-05, 07:38 AM
MyScRuNmIa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1Violinist
This was posted on Edmunds forum by "dojo75":

I just got off the phone with the dealership here in Indianapolis and they are expecting the first 10-11 IS 350 models to come in the frist week in October, that is certain. They will all be fully loaded with Nav and ML systems and is expected to top right around $41,000....I will take this as a speculation since Lexus has not released that information so that was his guess.

Now for the best part and this is NOT speculation. Sometime in 2006, Lexus will introduce the 2007 IS350 model with a 2 door, (single) hard top convertible option. I asked him if he was certain about this and he said it is a done deal and NOT speculation!! He DID speculate that it would be in the mid to high 40s but duh!! I Depending on how the 2006 model prices and sells I would not be suprised if it topped out in the low 50s....but that is my speculation since there are no other cars in this class to compare it with. The only thing that I was not able to get out of him was whether the 2007 model would have a manual gear box and if that would come on the coupe-convertible model.....he could not say for sure. I know we've all speculated that Lexus would bring out a coupe - convertible in the future but can anyone validate the information I just got from my dealership? I don't know about you folks but I'm waiting a year to buy my IS 350!!
WTF we need to get some one on the inside for this, because if i can wait, an get a 305 hp lexus IS copue Hell Ill wait! because if i get this one now on october an they releace the other one a few months later down the line then grrrr
Old 09-23-05, 11:51 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MyScRuNmIa
WTF we need to get some one on the inside for this, because if i can wait, an get a 305 hp lexus IS copue Hell Ill wait! because if i get this one now on october an they releace the other one a few months later down the line then grrrr
Viva 2006 GS430 owners. The GS is getting a bigger, more powerful (and probably more fuel efficient, somehow, but it IS Toyota..) V8 for 2007 models.
Old 09-23-05, 08:54 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

there are very very very very few people on the inside who know the real answer to this question. 99.999999999% of the worlds population is only guessing. i'd imagine there are only about 6 people on the entire planet who know for sure (as of today).

Quick Reply: 2007 IS350 Convertible!