2016 IS 350 AWD RIMS Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-17, 12:33 PM
DannyJ92
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 IS 350 AWD RIMS Question

Hi all!

Brand new to these Lexus forums here and I had a concern. I ordered some MIRO rims off of CarID and before doing some in depth research, my rim's width on all 4 tires are the same. 19x8.5. From what I see, people get wider rims in the back. What is the big difference here in looks? Also, what could I do to offset this?

I plan on dropping the car with some RSR downs but did I just royally screw myself over?

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-17-17, 12:49 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyJ92
Hi all!

Brand new to these Lexus forums here and I had a concern. I ordered some MIRO rims off of CarID and before doing some in depth research, my rim's width on all 4 tires are the same. 19x8.5. From what I see, people get wider rims in the back. What is the big difference here in looks? Also, what could I do to offset this?

I plan on dropping the car with some RSR downs but did I just royally screw myself over?

Thanks for the help!
Welcome Danny!
I don't think you have to worry that you screwed yourself on the rims.
Wheels (and any mod) is really a personal preference.
Most put the staggered wheels (wider in the rear) because that's how the F Sport model comes.
Reality is, the suspension dimensions and spacing are the same for all the models as far as wheels are concerned.
So whether you had the very base model with 16inch rims all around, or the F Sport with 18inch staggered, the suspension locations are all the same.
You'll be fine with 19X8.5 as a fitment without issues even after you lower it. You didn't mention the offset, but unless it's something crazy, you should be fine. The F sport rear rim is 18X8.5 with a +50 offset...likely your Miro's will be around +40.
If you feel the rear wheels are a little too far in, then adding a spacer to the rear will push it out.
Going with the wider wheels on the rear give it a nice concave look, depending on the offset and rim design of course. Again, personal preference.

Personally I'll be going with a 20X8.5 on RSR downs once spring hits...many because i got a killer deal on the rims.
I may look into getting two rear rims, maybe 20X9.5 or 10 down the road, that match the front rim design. Personally I like the concave look, but I'm also not into fender mods (rollin) either.
Old 03-17-17, 12:56 PM
DannyJ92
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a bunch Sasnuke! You made me feel much better. Phewwww...
QUOTE=Sasnuke;9804647]Welcome Danny!
I don't think you have to worry that you screwed yourself on the rims.
Wheels (and any mod) is really a personal preference.
Most put the staggered wheels (wider in the rear) because that's how the F Sport model comes.
Reality is, the suspension dimensions and spacing are the same for all the models as far as wheels are concerned.
So whether you had the very base model with 16inch rims all around, or the F Sport with 18inch staggered, the suspension locations are all the same.
You'll be fine with 19X8.5 as a fitment without issues even after you lower it. You didn't mention the offset, but unless it's something crazy, you should be fine. The F sport rear rim is 18X8.5 with a +50 offset...likely your Miro's will be around +40.
If you feel the rear wheels are a little too far in, then adding a spacer to the rear will push it out.
Going with the wider wheels on the rear give it a nice concave look, depending on the offset and rim design of course. Again, personal preference.

Personally I'll be going with a 20X8.5 on RSR downs once spring hits...many because i got a killer deal on the rims.
I may look into getting two rear rims, maybe 20X9.5 or 10 down the road, that match the front rim design. Personally I like the concave look, but I'm also not into fender mods (rollin) either.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-17-17, 01:03 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

No problem Danny.
There is a aftermarket wheel thread in the forum so you can post some pics once you get them on, I think everyone will love to see them.
I'm not sure if I've seen Miro pics on IS's before, but they have some nice looking rims. It's nice to be an original.
Be sure to post the make, model, size, offset, and tire size...you will be asked for it otherwise...hahaha!!
Old 03-17-17, 02:44 PM
DannyJ92
Driver School Candidate

Haha I will be sure to do so! Btw they are +35 offset and I might end up getting spacers depending on how they look. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
No problem Danny.
There is a aftermarket wheel thread in the forum so you can post some pics once you get them on, I think everyone will love to see them.
I'm not sure if I've seen Miro pics on IS's before, but they have some nice looking rims. It's nice to be an original.
Be sure to post the make, model, size, offset, and tire size...you will be asked for it otherwise...hahaha!!
Old 03-17-17, 02:59 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

I think you'll find they will fill out the wheel well nicely after the RSR Downs are installed. Worst case you would want to try a thin spacer on the back only first.
+35 on the front is pretty much spot on.
The following users liked this post:
DannyJ92 (03-17-17)
Old 03-18-17, 07:45 AM
Jchoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

With RSR Downs installed it's like my old setup with VSXX's

19x9 et34 front
19x10 et48 rear

This will clear your problems