IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Squeaking noise- in cabin or outside can't tell

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-17, 05:15 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Squeaking noise- in cabin or outside can't tell

For 3 weeks now I have noticed an annoying squeaking noise. I hear it when going over small bumps such as driveway entrance or uneven road. Only notice at slow speeds but can be heard with radio on or off. Doesn't happen when the car is old which leads me to believe it's nothing something on the exterior I could be wrong. My commute to work is about 4 minutes so on a cold day like today I don't hear it. However this even I drove for about an hour and started hearing it. It's driving me nuts. Not being a mechanic or anything it reminds me of an old car with a squeaky suspension but can't be the case because I've driven with the window down and still hear it inside. Passengers also hear the noise. Any suggestions? It's not seats or dash I tried all that.
Old 03-13-17, 07:48 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm hearing something with the same symptoms does it sound like it's from the front wheel well? I think it may be the control arm bushings. My car goes in for the first oil change since i bought it CPO. I'm going to mention what I'm hearing and what I think it is. It might just need some lube my car has 38k miles.
Old 03-14-17, 07:43 AM
nulex1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

could be the arm rest or relating to dash/windshield...ive had my air vents tightended as they were sequeeky or rattling...take it to lexus and have them diagnose the issue...
Old 03-17-17, 11:22 AM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Could be the bearing as per dealer ship. Apparently this is not covered under wheel and tire no regular warranty.
Old 03-17-17, 12:03 PM
Kwong516
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by isosunrise
Could be the bearing as per dealer ship. Apparently this is not covered under wheel and tire no regular warranty.
It should be a powertrain part which should be 6 years/70,000 miles
Old 03-17-17, 02:54 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

i noticed this yesterday, exactly the same as isosunrise said, only slow on a driveway bump. And of course that thing is not Bearing my friend, i got my car checked nothing found. I would say it's the Strut Mount or strut itself, ill inspect the strut tomorrow.
Old 03-17-17, 02:59 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Solara350
i noticed this yesterday, exactly the same as isosunrise said, only slow on a driveway bump. And of course that thing is not Bearing my friend, i got my car checked nothing found. I would say it's the Strut Mount or strut itself, ill inspect the strut tomorrow.
Good to know. A mechanic took a ride with my and suggested it's something related to the strut However if it is a bearing issue I would be charged to replace it as the car was brought it 3 weeks prior for a new rim and tire that was bent from hitting a pot hole. He's claiming my fault my problem, in so many words.
Old 03-17-17, 03:07 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Good to know. A mechanic took a ride with my and suggested it's something related to the strut However if it is a bearing issue I would be charged to replace it as the car was brought it 3 weeks prior for a new rim and tire that was bent from hitting a pot hole. He's claiming my fault my problem, in so many words.
Do you hear it from the Driver side front ? i hear it from driver side front strut but only going slowly on a bump
Old 03-17-17, 06:50 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Do you hear it from the Driver side front ? i hear it from driver side front strut but only going slowly on a bump
Not sure where the exact noise it but it's 100% in the front. Mechanic claims it's from pass. Side but I think he's just assuming since records indicates that I was there a few weeks prior with a bent rim from hitting pot hole
Old 03-18-17, 06:52 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Not sure where the exact noise it but it's 100% in the front. Mechanic claims it's from pass. Side but I think he's just assuming since records indicates that I was there a few weeks prior with a bent rim from hitting pot hole
Sorry what car you have bro ? F-sport or non-Fsport ? the reason im not worry because this noise also happened for my previous Lexus 2011 IS350AWD also Front End, not sure which side, and when i brought in for the trade, those guys took 1.5 hours to inspect lol nothing found.
Old 03-18-17, 09:50 AM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Sorry what car you have bro ? F-sport or non-Fsport ? the reason im not worry because this noise also happened for my previous Lexus 2011 IS350AWD also Front End, not sure which side, and when i brought in for the trade, those guys took 1.5 hours to inspect lol nothing found.
250 F Sport
Old 03-20-17, 01:43 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Dealer called today - $895 for a wheel bearing and alignment. Wtf. I told him forget it and I'll get the car. Started *****ing that it's dangerous. How true is this?
Old 03-20-17, 03:46 PM
eman27
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...heel-area.html

i have a brand new 2017 fsport 200T with this problem, it should be coming from your front wheels. seems to be a common problem. i havnt had a chance to take it back to the dealership yet.
Old 03-20-17, 04:19 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Dealer called today - $895 for a wheel bearing and alignment. Wtf. I told him forget it and I'll get the car. Started *****ing that it's dangerous. How true is this?
100% not wheel bearing, seem like all Gen3 IS has this problem, 2017 also get same noise come on lol 895$ WOW they're robbing you.
Old 03-20-17, 04:22 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by eman27
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...heel-area.html

i have a brand new 2017 fsport 200T with this problem, it should be coming from your front wheels. seems to be a common problem. i havnt had a chance to take it back to the dealership yet.
well i'm glad i'm not alone even 2017 got this problem, i'm gonna check when my friend come back form Vacation, i don't wanna bring to Lexus they will charge 150$ CAD just to diagnostic.

Quick Reply: Squeaking noise- in cabin or outside can't tell