IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Just Pickup my Gen3 IS350 AWD F-sport today !

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-17, 07:29 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Just Pickup my Gen3 IS350 AWD F-sport (updated pics) !

Alright, just went and pickup the car this noon, spent the whole afternoon to play around with the car to get to use to it, i believe it's the F-sport Series 2, with Navigation+Backup Camera Auto rain wiper and headlight washer, car has AVS also which my old 2011 IS350 Luxury don't have, no ML system my friend said ML system comes with Fsport Series 3, no memory seat sunshade and auto Telescoop steering wheel, the Sound system is not bad even though no ML, USB mp3 file is MUST MUST BETTER Sound quality than the gen2 with ML system, Sound quality is very important to me. Yep at least i said bye bye to my old 2011 here the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Just Pickup my Gen3 IS350 AWD F-sport today !-2014is350fsport-014.jpg   Just Pickup my Gen3 IS350 AWD F-sport today !-2014is350fsport-001.jpg   Just Pickup my Gen3 IS350 AWD F-sport today !-2014is350fsport-002.jpg   Just Pickup my Gen3 IS350 AWD F-sport today !-2014is350fsport-003.jpg   Just Pickup my Gen3 IS350 AWD F-sport today !-2014is350fsport-004.jpg  

Last edited by Solara350; 03-09-17 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-07-17, 07:36 PM
39RN
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the upgrade!
Old 03-07-17, 07:50 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! See you on the Ontario roads...
Old 03-07-17, 08:06 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Congrats on the new ride! See you on the Ontario roads...
Ya thanks ill see u around lol, i have a question, the front licence plate, where do you mount it ? the guy told me i can mount with the tow hook, but the mechanic said, its the law i have to mount it in the middle of the grill but i don't wanna drill hole and damage the Fsport grill, what are my options ? by the way i pass by Richmond hill everyday i work in Concord Ontario
Old 03-07-17, 10:02 PM
SilvrBulet
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
Ya thanks ill see u around lol, i have a question, the front licence plate, where do you mount it ? the guy told me i can mount with the tow hook, but the mechanic said, its the law i have to mount it in the middle of the grill but i don't wanna drill hole and damage the Fsport grill, what are my options ? by the way i pass by Richmond hill everyday i work in Concord Ontario
I don't think it's the law that it has to be in the middle. I've seen people mount them below the front lights before. Not 100% sure though.
Old 03-08-17, 12:00 AM
evltwn
Advanced

Received 144 Likes on 111 Posts

Ya thanks ill see u around lol, i have a question, the front licence plate, where do you mount it ? the guy told me i can mount with the tow hook, but the mechanic said, its the law i have to mount it in the middle of the grill but i don't wanna drill hole and damage the Fsport grill, what are my options ?
Check out specONE's build. He came up with a brilliant idea for the front plate and keeping your grill intact.
The following users liked this post:
Solara350 (03-08-17)
Old 03-08-17, 06:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice!!

You need to get the mounting bracket from the dealer and a smoked plate cover from CT. I am guessing this car was in Quebec before since the grille/bumper hasn't been drilled. The smoked cover hides the plate well and even though they are illegal, I haven't had a problem with one only up front and a Lexus dealer frame in the back.

The tow hook mount looks out of place and you will hurt a pedestrian or cyclist if their legs hit it. Or even someone walking past your car in a mall parking lot, you don't want them to get pissed and key your car.....

Otherwise, run no front plate because it looks terrible zip tied...
The following users liked this post:
Solara350 (03-08-17)
Old 03-08-17, 06:59 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by 387
Nice!!

You need to get the mounting bracket from the dealer and a smoked plate cover from CT. I am guessing this car was in Quebec before since the grille/bumper hasn't been drilled. The smoked cover hides the plate well and even though they are illegal, I haven't had a problem with one only up front and a Lexus dealer frame in the back.

The tow hook mount looks out of place and you will hurt a pedestrian or cyclist if their legs hit it. Or even someone walking past your car in a mall parking lot, you don't want them to get pissed and key your car.....

Otherwise, run no front plate because it looks terrible zip tied...
Awesome answer yes i've checked carfax history today the car was from Quebec because i was wondering, car is clean no accident of any kind, hahaha zip tied for now, my main questionn is do i get pull over by Police if the mount by the tow hook ? the guy said it must be in the middle ? thanks for your info.
Old 03-09-17, 03:48 PM
Intermediate

Awesome answer yes i've checked carfax history today the car was from Quebec because i was wondering, car is clean no accident of any kind, hahaha zip tied for now, my main questionn is do i get pull over by Police if the mount by the tow hook ? the guy said it must be in the middle ? thanks for your info.
With tow hook mount it still on the front of the car, but you could still get pulled over and be given a BS ticket if the officer wants to give you one. Or even a warning, which is still an inconvenience. It would most likely be dismissed if you go to court with a picture of your licence plated mounted. I have heard of people getting tickets because it was mounted inset of the grille and not on the front most part of the car which is usually the middle. The mechanics probably knows the HTA more. If he signs off on the safety, so he is probably just trying to cover his ***.
Old 03-09-17, 03:50 PM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

I still have my OEM mounting bracket if you're interested. Never used it.
Old 03-09-17, 03:56 PM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Congratulations!

But also here to reinforce your take on the ML: they suck *****, PERIOD.
Old 03-09-17, 07:01 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by 387
With tow hook mount it still on the front of the car, but you could still get pulled over and be given a BS ticket if the officer wants to give you one. Or even a warning, which is still an inconvenience. It would most likely be dismissed if you go to court with a picture of your licence plated mounted. I have heard of people getting tickets because it was mounted inset of the grille and not on the front most part of the car which is usually the middle. The mechanics probably knows the HTA more. If he signs off on the safety, so he is probably just trying to cover his ***.
People got pulled over, i guess i gonna follow the rules lol thanks for your answer.
Old 03-09-17, 07:03 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by redline.gT
I still have my OEM mounting bracket if you're interested. Never used it.
Thanks for your offer bro, i guess i'm gonna zip tied it but look for a better and stylist zip tied, ill find a better solution cause i hate screw and drill.
Old 03-09-17, 07:18 PM
Intermediate

People got pulled over, i guess i gonna follow the rules lol thanks for your answer.
I want to say the most popular mod I've seen locally on 3IS have been the offset plate mod. You'll probably be fine if you want to go this route. I really wish Ontario would get rid of the front plate like the rest of canada. I have noticed this past year there are more cars driving around with no front plate though.
Old 03-09-17, 07:32 PM
sirwawa
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed you have headlight washers and single projectors
Do you have led's or hid's?

Quick Reply: Just Pickup my Gen3 IS350 AWD F-sport today !