IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

I need opinions for my new Gen3 IS350 AWD F-Sport please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-17, 06:20 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Default I need opinions for my new Gen3 IS350 AWD F-Sport please.

Its been awhile now and the debate between me and my wife's Lexus IS350 AWD Fsport lover vs my hope car Infiniti Q50 Coupe is over and i'm hopeless. Its 2015 Lexus IS350 AWD sport over an Infiniti Q50 2016 coupe.

Give me your opinions for the new Gen3 IS350 before i sign any paper work, are they good like the Gen2 ? what's the known issue ? any problem or discomfort while driving ? annoyance at all ? i know their Engines are the same to gen2 IS350, what should i aware of ? drove drive it today, feeling almost the same to my current 2011 IS350 AWD thanks in advance. here see the pic below, my 2011 IS350 and to be traded in for the 2015 IS350 AWD Fsport.
Attached Thumbnails I need opinions for my new Gen3 IS350 AWD F-Sport please.-2014is350fsport.jpg   I need opinions for my new Gen3 IS350 AWD F-Sport please.-fsport2.jpg   I need opinions for my new Gen3 IS350 AWD F-Sport please.-diffuserpic.jpg  
Old 02-28-17, 06:35 PM
manchild
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is my list
1. I wish it had about 45-60 more HP
2. I wish I got the mark Levinson
3. It should have come with auto folding mirrors from the factory
4. Getting that card key from the factory would have been nice

Make sure you get Navi. The seats are comfy and I have driven the thing on 8 hour trips with no issue. I love that I can share my cell phone's internet with the car to listen to podcasts on log trips. The car definitely stands out. Every time I walk to the parking lot after work she's sitting next to the german cars looking sexy as hell with those bulging arches and that sick grill. Oh and don't let them put a front plat on it. It looks better without one
The following users liked this post:
Solara350 (03-01-17)
Old 02-28-17, 06:45 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Shout out to my fellow Ontarian!
I have a 2014 250 AWD and loving every minute of driving it.
Obviously from your 2011 you are correct that the drivetrain is pretty much the same, but the over car for 2014-2017 is sooooo much nicer!
In terms of issues, very few Service Bulletins for this generation...which is great for us.
Solara350 (03-01-17)
Old 02-28-17, 08:54 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

I think you should go for the Q60 Red Sport. The new coupes have a lot of presence on the road and they look mean. 400hp can't hurt either. I'd say the 3IS is a great car...if you've never had an IS but it seems you are just trading up slightly vs getting something completely new.
Old 03-01-17, 04:48 AM
Panzer126
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went to the auto show in toronto recently and it confirmed my decision was right, the is350 was the right choice. Sat in all the infinitis, and they just didn't feel as good. The seats are less than average vs some of the best seats outside of 100K mercs and that sort of stuff. The interior of the infiniti just didn't feel...right. Felt too much like they just crammed everything in and said ok...that's all the stuff we wanted to do.

There's a reason if you go on the infiniti website, half the time the first thing I see is something like "why buy a Lexus". You can bet lexus doesn't have a banner saying "Why buy Infiniti" haha.

Old IS had an ok interior, the new IS is a game changer. Been 5 month with my 350 and I still smile like an idiot when I walk towards it.
Solara350 (03-01-17)
Old 03-01-17, 07:38 AM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Owned my 2016 IS300 for over a year now and I will buy it out at the end of the lease.

Super happy with the car and have 0 complaints.

Currently sitting at 27xxx KMs with 0 issues.
Solara350 (03-01-17)
Old 03-01-17, 01:17 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,490 Likes on 1,798 Posts

Got a '16 IS 300 F Sport in October. Overall I am loving it so far - only real complaints are that there a couple random rattles that come and go in the headliner and driver door. I am having service done in a couple weeks, so I am hoping the dealership can fix them then.

The Q60 is an awesome-looking car. I would at least give it a try - a test drive - before ruling it out completely (unless you need 4 doors). There's always the Q50 too. The Q50 is bigger on the inside than the IS, if that matters. I expect the IS to be more reliable and more sporty-feeling to drive however.
Solara350 (03-01-17)
Old 03-01-17, 04:06 PM
jmoses77
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When looking for a new, to me, car I had the choices down to the 3is 350 awd or the q50 s awd. I drove both of them and felt that the Lexus was hands down the better driving car. The q50 has more power a more "lush" interior but had almost a numb feeling while driving. I like "driving my cars. Feeling the feedback from the steering wheel and the nice planted feel that a sports car while going around a corner. The Q50 had none of that. The only thing that I liked better about the Q50 was that the paddle shift levers were mounted on the steering column rather than the back of the wheel. Other than that the 3is is the better driving car. The seat are more comfortable as well. The base stereo sucks, but that is easy enough to get around. The infotainment system is "special." I hated it at first but have since gotten used to it. The lexus was the right choice for me but everybody has different opinions and features that they can't live without.
Solara350 (03-01-17)
Old 03-01-17, 05:10 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Thanks all for for your input, yes i chose Lexus over Infiniti just for my wife but i really wanted to try out the Q60 coupe though, this Grey IS in that picture above is an F sport but lack of feature like telescope steer wheel, blind spot sensor and park assist but don't even have a SHADE lol as i know Sport over Luxury well i might go for RWD at Don Valley North Lexus IS350 Fsport with options i need. thanks again everyone.
Old 03-01-17, 05:11 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Shout out to my fellow Ontarian!
I have a 2014 250 AWD and loving every minute of driving it.
Obviously from your 2011 you are correct that the drivetrain is pretty much the same, but the over car for 2014-2017 is sooooo much nicer!
In terms of issues, very few Service Bulletins for this generation...which is great for us.
Downtown Toronto here lol
Old 03-01-17, 05:13 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Panzer126
I went to the auto show in toronto recently and it confirmed my decision was right, the is350 was the right choice. Sat in all the infinitis, and they just didn't feel as good. The seats are less than average vs some of the best seats outside of 100K mercs and that sort of stuff. The interior of the infiniti just didn't feel...right. Felt too much like they just crammed everything in and said ok...that's all the stuff we wanted to do.

There's a reason if you go on the infiniti website, half the time the first thing I see is something like "why buy a Lexus". You can bet lexus doesn't have a banner saying "Why buy Infiniti" haha.

Old IS had an ok interior, the new IS is a game changer. Been 5 month with my 350 and I still smile like an idiot when I walk towards it.
I went there this year too but i go to Auto Show to see Pretty Girls lol not the car girl
Old 03-01-17, 06:56 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by jmoses77
When looking for a new, to me, car I had the choices down to the 3is 350 awd or the q50 s awd. I drove both of them and felt that the Lexus was hands down the better driving car. The q50 has more power a more "lush" interior but had almost a numb feeling while driving. I like "driving my cars. Feeling the feedback from the steering wheel and the nice planted feel that a sports car while going around a corner. The Q50 had none of that. The only thing that I liked better about the Q50 was that the paddle shift levers were mounted on the steering column rather than the back of the wheel. Other than that the 3is is the better driving car. The seat are more comfortable as well. The base stereo sucks, but that is easy enough to get around. The infotainment system is "special." I hated it at first but have since gotten used to it. The lexus was the right choice for me but everybody has different opinions and features that they can't live without.
I agree with you, even though i like to try out something new and different like the Q60 Infiniti and ill be honest ! Lexus IS and higher Class does make Driver feel the car and the road while driving as Japanese Engineer teams stated in their Press Conference, before i used to care so much about Steady Suspension and Harden Steering wheel feel, now i realize well ive been driven IS350 for almost 6 years and never lets go thats mean the IS suits my needs, i was a hard core Honda Prelude and Toyota Supra MOD in the 90s along with RX7 and Nissan Skyline Nissan 300 until i got my Toyota Solara TRD 14 years ago, i still have the TRD Solara but the Suspension has been replaced with "Tokico Shock/Strut" 6-7 years ago and man Tokico is one of the best suspension of all time compared to other Brand, OK "Lexus IS gen2 shock/strut are made by TOKICO Strut company "Japan" that was another reason why i bought IS350 gen2 6 years ago.

TRD Solara used Billstein Shock and my wife said they are ROUGH and Harsh ride, Do you or anyone knows what SHOCK/STRUT gen3 IS used ? TOKICO still ? if yes thats awesome .
Old 03-01-17, 09:39 PM
SilvrBulet
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey man, fellow Ontarian here. Just as a word of caution. Be careful at DVNL. I'd avoid Mustafa if you're there. The guy is slimy. Bought my car from there and was less than pleased with the service and empty promises. Car was great Lexus certified. Since you're buying certified used, try to get Ian the asst mgr of used sales if he's still there. He was a good guy.

Love my IS. Just wish it had the 400hp of the infiniti. That's the only thing I like in the infiniti over the Lexus. I have a 3IS 350 in the Sonic Titanium.
Old 03-02-17, 04:41 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by SilvrBulet
Hey man, fellow Ontarian here. Just as a word of caution. Be careful at DVNL. I'd avoid Mustafa if you're there. The guy is slimy. Bought my car from there and was less than pleased with the service and empty promises. Car was great Lexus certified. Since you're buying certified used, try to get Ian the asst mgr of used sales if he's still there. He was a good guy.

Love my IS. Just wish it had the 400hp of the infiniti. That's the only thing I like in the infiniti over the Lexus. I have a 3IS 350 in the Sonic Titanium.
DVNL ? This car I'm looking at is at Favorit Motor in Vaughn finch and dufferin area . Can u tell me little more detail thanks
Old 03-02-17, 06:19 AM
Crossxup11
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SilvrBulet

Ian or Chad! Chad is the best car salesman I've ever met anywhere. I think he's the manager there too.

Last edited by Crossxup11; 03-02-17 at 07:50 AM.

Quick Reply: I need opinions for my new Gen3 IS350 AWD F-Sport please.