IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Whats the different between Luxury and F-sport ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-17, 07:37 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Viktimize
Few corrections. 8-speed is only on RWD models. So not available in Canada.

F-sport DOES come with rear sunshade. At least on the F-sport 3 it does.

I don't know if there is a difference in interior material between US and Canada models? Mine sure as heck feels like real leather in my F-sport. ??
All North American F Sports use NuLuxe instead of leather.

To the OP, when I bought my '14 IS (no longer have it) in October 2013, I opted for the non F Sport because I didn't care for the F Sport front end and wasn't willing to give up certain features that were not available on the F Sport. I have/had no regrets in doing so, as I loved my IS. With that said, if I were to buy one now, I would go for the F Sport. The front end has grown on me, and they've added some of those missing features into the F Sport (heated steering wheel, ventilated seats).
Old 03-03-17, 04:08 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vivid101
The F Sport just looks better. I usually see older people driving around the base model. Just my observation.
People with better taste drive the base. The F-sport gage is worse, too.
Old 03-06-17, 02:34 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,490 Likes on 1,798 Posts

Originally Posted by dizlex
No way, I love the F Sport gauges. The non-F Sport gauges are almost identically laid-out to my old Camry's, which bothers me a bit. That will be up to each individual, but I'd say as far as TFT gauges these days go, the IS's are good-looking for the price.
Old 03-06-17, 04:32 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

I bought the new Generation of IS because of the F-sport Gauge and Fsport package lol I've been testing with both 2011 vs 2014 Luxury vs FSport and compare the gen3 IS350 to Gen2 IS350 but mine is 2011 the Drivetrain and feeling almost the same to F-sport gen3 2014 though, i decided to have gen3 2014 over Infiniti as well, but like comparing 2014 Fsport to my 2011 Luxury, they are not much different, 1 thing that makes me keep on scratching my head is, i fell my 2011 IS350 AWD is faster and stronger than 2014 Fsport IS350 AWD when i Have Manual + ETC PWR on, i turned sport++ on 2014 = firm steering wheel but no gain power like the 2011 with ETC PWR on.

I'm gonna tune up and put Supreme Gas and see, probably the previous owner was cheap on maintenance, i don't know why they put regular gas into IS350 LExus gas tank for.
Old 03-06-17, 04:46 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

People with better taste drive the base. The F-sport gauge is worse, too.
I am not going to comment on other people's tastes but I dislike the F-sport gauge too.
When I was shopping for my IS three things were pretty quickly obvious to me - dislike for the NuLuxe, the sport gauge
and the F-sport front grille.
I just like the classical setup with both large gauges.
But I don't think I am driving the 'base', I got the luxury package and I absolutely love it.

Last edited by Olasek; 03-06-17 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-06-17, 07:39 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Olasek
I am not going to comment on other people's tastes but I dislike the F-sport gauge too.
When I was shopping for my IS three things were pretty quickly obvious to me - dislike for the NuLuxe, the sport gauge
and the F-sport front grille.
I just like the classical setup with both large gauges.
But I don't think I am driving the 'base', I got the luxury package and I absolutely love it.
ive driven top of the line Luxury 2011 IS350 awd for long period of time, i figured out some of option i never used like Memory seat SunShade auto rain wiper, the only useful option i like were Parking Assist and MarkLevinson DVD, to be honest i always love Luxury i cant refuse it, but sometimes you don't need all those features, now i wanna taste the sport package, will probably get RC-F or RC350 in couple years or in 5 years.
Old 03-06-17, 09:01 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Solara350
but sometimes you don't need all those features, .
True, I love simplicity too, my 2001 Z3 has practically none of the luxury features of my IS350. In Z3 I am the only driver so who needs memory plus
this is my sunny weather roof-down car - I don't even need wipers (or roof).
But in my Lexus I do use both memory seats and rain-sensing wipers though could live without them, don't have the shade though.
But would be a lot harder time to give up on true leather seats.
Good luck with your future selection.
Old 03-06-17, 09:32 PM
KietV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from a 2008 is250 to a 2016 is200t F Sport.

i like the car, it's fast enough, has as much if not a bit more features than my old is250.

That being said, I wish I had done more research before buying. I would have sacrificed the F sport package for the luxury package with memory seats and all that jazz.

Now I basically have the same car I had, options and features wise. Doesn't feel like much of an upgrade.
Old 03-09-17, 08:19 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by KietV
I went from a 2008 is250 to a 2016 is200t F Sport.

i like the car, it's fast enough, has as much if not a bit more features than my old is250.

That being said, I wish I had done more research before buying. I would have sacrificed the F sport package for the luxury package with memory seats and all that jazz.

Now I basically have the same car I had, options and features wise. Doesn't feel like much of an upgrade.
True, I love simplicity too, my 2001 Z3 has practically none of the luxury features of my IS350. In Z3 I am the only driver so who needs memory plus
But in my Lexus I do use both memory seats and rain-sensing wipers though could live without them, don't have the shade though.
ya i jumped from 2011 IS350 awd top of the line Luxury got all the options, i've enjoy the auto tilting telescoop steering wheel, sunshade, parking assist and Mark Levinson audio, now i got the Gen3 IS350 Fsport well i do miss 2 things, the parking assist and the power Steering wheel, i like sunshade but not that important, basically i loss 3 options that i like, but in gen3 fSport i gained some new options, 1, AVS (adaptive Variable Suspension) 2, rims and grill, 3, LFA Cluster, Fsport series has DVD without Levinson, levinson add more speakers and thats it like the Fsport 3 they add Levinson and SUnshade not really a big deal.

To be honest i don't need memory seat i have it on every of my car like Acura TL etc. but i never used it even my 2011 IS350 i never touched memory seat, i'm an active man i don't sit still i move around all the time, so it's no use for me, i'm really happy with his Gen3 is350 Fsport, i love it inside out the sound is awesome when i go WOT
Old 03-10-17, 10:40 AM
Olasek
Intermediate

i never touched memory seat,
Last time I used memory seat - 3 days ago when dealer handed me my car back after the oil change - seat position was totally messed up, the mechanic must have been a real big guy
Old 03-10-17, 01:04 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Last time I used memory seat - 3 days ago when dealer handed me my car back after the oil change - seat position was totally messed up, the mechanic must have been a real big guy
lol ya some people has long leg and big, the lumbar damn i hate that, i never used lumbar.
Old 03-10-17, 07:33 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My Fsport 3 has rain sensing wipers and the rear shade. I sure would like to have the memory seats though.

As for the Nuluxe, if nobody told you it wasn't real leather you'd never know. I'm amazed at how good of a material it is. And from what I've been reading it seems like these new cars using alternative materials, they actually hold up better than leather does.
Old 03-10-17, 07:39 PM
Solara350
Instructor

My Fsport 3 has rain sensing wipers and the rear shade. I sure would like to have the memory seats though.

As for the Nuluxe, if nobody told you it wasn't real leather you'd never know. I'm amazed at how good of a material it is. And from what I've been reading it seems like these new cars using alternative materials, they actually hold up better than leather does.
The heated steering is standard ? i like the BSM i don't know if i can have dealer install ? even my F-sport didn't come with the car?
Old 03-10-17, 07:46 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The heated steering is standard ? i like the BSM i don't know if i can have dealer install ?

The BSM came with my Fsport3 as well. So did the heated steering wheel.

even my F-sport didn't come with the car?
What does that mean??

If you're curious about any options that come in the packages, the Lexus.ca site is very well laid out to tell you the differences in the build and price section. The main thing for me is I had to have the Mark Levinson. So Fsport3 was my only choice. And now for 2017 they made the ML only available on the 350, you can't even get it on the 300 now.
Old 03-10-17, 08:06 PM
Solara350
Instructor

The BSM came with my Fsport3 as well. So did the heated steering wheel.

What does that mean??

If you're curious about any options that come in the packages, the Lexus.ca site is very well laid out to tell you the differences in the build and price section. The main thing for me is I had to have the Mark Levinson. So Fsport3 was my only choice. And now for 2017 they made the ML only available on the 350, you can't even get it on the 300 now.
Mine is Fsport series 2 heated steering, headlight washer, rain sensing wiper and AVS, i like to have the BSM i don't know if dealer can install it for me, my friend bought Mercedes CLA250 without Nav, she came back and had dealer install and of course we'll pay. will Lexus do that ?

Quick Reply: Whats the different between Luxury and F-sport ?