IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus Enform prices are insane?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-17, 08:15 PM
robert2423
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Lexus Enform prices are insane?

does any one else think these prices are a little crazy? my one year trail is about to run out, and here are the prices if any one is interested.
1 Year- 349.00
2 Year- 699.80
3 Year 944.73 Save 104.94
4 year 1259.64 save 139.96

What do you guys think? i think this is a little insane i love using the features but thats alot. What do you guys think is it worth it?
Old 02-19-17, 08:48 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

What part of the Enform do you REALLY use?

You can package them in different ways. The prices you listed is for ALL the services of Enform.
Old 02-19-17, 08:50 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Some pay so it must be worth to them. For me it makes little sense even at half the price, I rather pay for satellite radio (and it is significantly less). Different strokes for different folks.
Old 02-19-17, 08:54 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Destination Assist - If you can't or refuse to search for an address yourself. You can PAY someone to do it for you!
Service Connect - Useless
SOS - It's good to have. Peace of mind knowing you can always connect to someone in case of emergency. Lexus will know exactly were you are.
Remote - Its cool, but I wouldn't pay for it. Had it for a year, completely forgot I had it after 3 months.

Conclusion, depends on what your needs are. Everyone have different needs. So yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Will it pay for it these services? Nope.
Old 02-19-17, 08:55 PM
robert2423
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nathantse
What part of the Enform do you REALLY use?

You can package them in different ways. The prices you listed is for ALL the services of Enform.
Im not seeing any packages on here. i usually just use the remote start and to lock my car when im not by it or when i forget. To me sat radio isn't worth it, same song and dance over and over.
Old 02-19-17, 08:57 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by robert2423
Im not seeing any packages on here. i usually just use the remote start and to lock my car when im not by it or when i forget. To me sat radio isn't worth it, same song and dance over and over.
http://www.lexus.com/enform/availability-pricing

Scroll to the middle of the page. 4 different packages.
The following users liked this post:
robert2423 (02-19-17)
Old 02-19-17, 09:02 PM
robert2423
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nathantse
http://www.lexus.com/enform/availability-pricing

Scroll to the middle of the page. 4 different packages.

Thanks man, looks like the 249$ option would be for me. i could probably go with out the ENFORM DESTINATIONS
Old 02-19-17, 10:52 PM
TinoPing
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not surprised about the insane pricing. As new to Lexus, I'm starting to realize gouging us on after-the-sale is standard protocol. From I'm reading even standard service, oil, brake pads etc at stealerships is daylight robbery. I'm going to Toyota or elsewhere on those, but that's a different topic.
Old 02-19-17, 10:59 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TinoPing
Not surprised about the insane pricing. As new to Lexus, I'm starting to realize gouging us on after-the-sale is standard protocol. From I'm reading even standard service, oil, brake pads etc at stealerships is daylight robbery. I'm going to Toyota or elsewhere on those, but that's a different topic.
For your off topic concern,

The reason Lexus maintenance services are so expensive is because of their labor rate, not because of the parts they use. After all, it is a Luxury car. Expect to pay Luxury prices.
Old 02-20-17, 11:53 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I mean $30 a month for all the options isn't bad if you use it.. I like the remote start......I start my car and let my air compressors cycle so I don't have to wait for my tank to fill up (first world problems) lol. I also think it is neat that there are customizable settings for guest drivers.....neat for those with youngins that drive.

I don't think I ever listened to my XM radio even once the whole trial period I had it lol.....I use my phone.
Old 02-20-17, 01:07 PM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is a complete waste of money. I never used it except to see if my windows were rolled down... no thanks!
Old 02-20-17, 02:57 PM
3actual
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it's overpriced. I might pay half the price for it, but $3xx for a year is a nogo. The only thing that is nice is the destination assist for addresses I could not pull up myself, but that shouldn't happen. Just goes to show how Google maps is probably about 10 years ahead of everyone else.
Old 02-20-17, 05:24 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Over-priced indeed, that should have came standard. My coworker leased a Jaguar XE and it's free for the entire lease period, along with free maintenance.Lexus can do better...
Old 02-21-17, 11:30 AM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by robert2423
To me sat radio isn't worth it, same song and dance over and over.
I understand that sat radio may not be for everybody but I wouldn't dismiss it as just 'song and dance'. The selection of channels is staggering, many of them sport channels that I don't care for but some news/business channels I like a lot. The specialized 'music' channels are very good too, the quality of reception (I have ML) is phenomenal (unless your are in a tunnel or behind a tall mountain/building) and I don't have to scan for local "normal" radio stations when I am on a long trip (when driving through remote areas - often there is no normal radio to speak of). In short from the financial point of view sat radio makes a lot of sense for me, whereas Enform wouldn't make sense even for 1/4 of the price - again different strokes for different folks.
Old 02-21-17, 11:43 PM
vital
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Enform costs money? Never knew that. Does this include the Lexus App Suite?

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform prices are insane?