Lexus F-Sport Exhaust for 2014-16?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-17, 04:21 PM
Flashkid
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question ----------

----------

Last edited by Flashkid; 01-02-18 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-24-17, 04:36 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Weird, I contacted my dealer last month. They said they could order it for me.

But, I'm in U.S tho.
Old 01-24-17, 06:21 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

How much do they go for?
Old 01-24-17, 06:28 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Break2
How much do they go for?
~1400 without installation. I hear you can get them cheaper from eBay or something for like ~1000
Old 01-24-17, 08:43 PM
tuanyes84
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i always see them available on ebay for like $1100.
The following users liked this post:
IreneIS350 (01-25-17)
Old 01-24-17, 08:59 PM
TinoPing
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys, I researched this forum and found a whole thread talking about the F Sport exhaust which I was interested in for my new 17 350. But after reading it all, I changed my mind. In short, make sure you know what you're getting yourself into before you commit 2G and then dealing with the headache of going back to original install if you don't like it. Apparently you get almost 0 hp kick, something like 5hp only. Also the droaning buzz inside the car makes it hard to have a normal conversation. The biggest turnoff for me was the fact that the nice throaty sound only comes on the higher rpm range, that means for 80% of your driving time, it'll just sound like a really loud and annoying bee buzzing around.
Old 01-24-17, 10:57 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TinoPing
Hey guys, I researched this forum and found a whole thread talking about the F Sport exhaust which I was interested in for my new 17 350. But after reading it all, I changed my mind. In short, make sure you know what you're getting yourself into before you commit 2G and then dealing with the headache of going back to original install if you don't like it. Apparently you get almost 0 hp kick, something like 5hp only. Also the droaning buzz inside the car makes it hard to have a normal conversation. The biggest turnoff for me was the fact that the nice throaty sound only comes on the higher rpm range, that means for 80% of your driving time, it'll just sound like a really loud and annoying bee buzzing around.
Most of the feedback I've read on the F-Sport exhaust is that is does not drone at low RPMs, but it is relatively quiet with little to no performance enhancement. It's pretty much for aesthetics and adds a punch when you push it into the higher rpms range. This is inline with I would expect for an OEM exhaust upgrade.
Old 01-24-17, 11:00 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Flashkid
Hello all,

I tried to purchase the Lexus F-Sport Exhaust (PTR03-53140) for my 2016 Lexus IS from my local dealership but they are saying they have 0 in North America and product is discontinued. Only reason I am going with this route so I can keep my warranty intact with my car. I was advised they no longer sell it but that doesn't seem right. Can anyone confirm? I am located in Canada.
My quote from the dealer back in January 2016 was for $2040 installed. That was way too expensive for me so I decided to wait until I bought out my lease (if I bought it out even). The part number I was quoted was PTR04-53091 though. There was a 14 week wait and it had to be special ordered. The dealer told me at the time they had done only a handful of these and the parts guy even told me there are better, cheaper aftermarket options out there. I just preferred the OEM look.

Wouldn't be too surprising if they got rid of these since the exhaust design was re-tweaked for the 2017 refresh.

EDIT: A quick search of the part number reveals the dealer gave me the wrong part (no surprise there) and that's actually for a 2nd gen IS. The quote I saved from the Lexus Canada website indicated $1818 installed.

Last edited by computerwi; 01-24-17 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-25-17, 03:02 AM
Phamkq
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think loud droning/cabin noise is pretty subjective. My fsport performance exhaust axleback had the 2nd resonators deleted and the droning is NOT that bad. Its bearable and you wont really hear it unless the music is off.
Old 01-27-17, 07:30 AM
plastus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the OEM F-Sport exhaust installed by my dealer last year and they were willing to pricematch one of the eBay sellers at $1,100 + 1 hour of labor for the install. If you're paying more than $1,250 or so for the exhaust installed the dealership is ripping you off. Getting it from the dealership is also nice because it saves you the headache of transporting it or dealing with potential problems if the package is damaged in transit, etc.

Sound wise, I think it's perfect. Definitely more low-end grunt to it without the unbearable drone that some other exhausts have at highway cruising speed or partial throttle around town.
Old 02-01-17, 06:53 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by TinoPing

This is not my experiences w/ the F-Sport exhaust. it provides the right amount of noise for me, and having a normal conversation isn't an issue. Only time where there's droning is when i'm in 8th going at highway speeds at around 2200RPM, and it's marginal.

I would recommend this exhaust to anyone who wants a good sound but nothing obnoxious.
Old 02-01-17, 10:03 AM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone know where to buy an fsport exhaust within Canada? Looks like I can't find any luck
Nope, i want one too, I think the cheapest option is ebay!
Old 02-01-17, 10:33 AM
Jmaarc13
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also purchased and had the FSPORT exhaust installed and only paid $1100. It is currently available here in Texas and in arizona. Here is a site you can purchase it at. By the way, the sound is not like a tuner, but aggressive enough to know you have upgraded the stock exhaust. I was also worried about the potential for added sound while driving due to the fact that I did not want to annoy my wife or any other passenger. By far the best investment I could have made. I get a lot of compliments from the look and sound.
Old 03-12-17, 09:13 AM
beezmarkee
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmaarc13
I also purchased and had the FSPORT exhaust installed and only paid $1100. It is currently available here in Texas and in arizona. Here is a site you can purchase it at. By the way, the sound is not like a tuner, but aggressive enough to know you have upgraded the stock exhaust. I was also worried about the potential for added sound while driving due to the fact that I did not want to annoy my wife or any other passenger. By far the best investment I could have made. I get a lot of compliments from the look and sound.
it sounds quiete like a Tanabe? I heard the Tanabe on Lexus IS 250 and i think its really calmest exhaust ever
Old 03-12-17, 08:22 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

They are saying they have 0 in North America and product is discontinued. Only reason I am going with this route so I can keep my warranty intact with my car. I was advised they no longer sell it but that doesn't seem right. Can anyone confirm? I am located in Canada.
PTR03-53140 is stocked in Vancouver, so a Lexus dealer in Canada should be able to get this for you. There is plenty of stock in the USA depots as well.

That said, the Canadian system is showing it changing up to PTR03-00160 which is for the RC350. Not sure if that's right or not (seems possible, but unlikely), so they may want to check into that and confirm fitment before ordering. Either way, there is still stock on both part numbers.

Anyone know where to buy an fsport exhaust within Canada? Looks like I can't find any luck
As I said, any Lexus dealer can get it in Canada, alternatively, you could order it online from someone that will ship to Canada.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Lexus F-Sport Exhaust for 2014-16?