IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any 2017's yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-16, 03:53 AM
Playmaker
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SwiftIS
Have you ever listened to a Supra with a "fartcan"? You'll be needing an extra pair of underwear when you hear one. Not the same "fartcan" as seen on most civics/intergas. Haha.

Looks like an HKS system...am I right?
It's a Greddy SP mated to a custom 3" downpipe, no cat. It does sound good at cruise and WOT. :-)
Old 12-21-16, 08:30 AM
bull34dog
Driver School Candidate

My car finally came in Saturday but it was too late for them to get it prepped for delivery, so I picked it up Monday night.

I really love the update to the front of the vehicle. The back, I'm not so sold on but maybe it'll grow on me. The bigger nav screen is a huge improvement once you get used to the interface of essentially having two displays up. I miss the power tilt/telescope wheel and didn't realize until I was taking delivery that it isn't even an option that I can add when I played with Build Your Own on the Lexus website. After having a non-ML car previously, I can say that Mark Levinson is worth every penny and anyone who thinks otherwise on these forums is nuts. This is my first white car so we will see how that goes. I'm only 30 miles in and I think it could use a wash
Old 12-21-16, 09:16 AM
SwiftIS
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks really sharp in white. Probably the best, complementing color for the new body lines. Congrats!
Old 12-21-16, 10:25 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by bull34dog
This is my first white car so we will see how that goes. I'm only 30 miles in and I think it could use a wash
on the upside, you won't have to worry about swirls or minor scratches nearly as much as you would if you were to have bought a darker car as they simply don't show as easily.
Old 12-22-16, 02:56 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

I'm offically ordering my 2017 IS300 F-Sport in 2 weeks, couldn't be happier
The following users liked this post:
Savjam (12-23-16)
Old 12-29-16, 05:35 PM
Dramire3
Driver School Candidate

Seen the first 2017 IS sport on the road. From the front the refresh is not that noticeable although it may be due to it being black color. I loved the rear tail lights and the rear valance with the squared exhaust tips.
Old 01-04-17, 02:49 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

My car finally came in Saturday but it was too late for them to get it prepped for delivery, so I picked it up Monday night.

I really love the update to the front of the vehicle. The back, I'm not so sold on but maybe it'll grow on me. The bigger nav screen is a huge improvement once you get used to the interface of essentially having two displays up. I miss the power tilt/telescope wheel and didn't realize until I was taking delivery that it isn't even an option that I can add when I played with Build Your Own on the Lexus website. After having a non-ML car previously, I can say that Mark Levinson is worth every penny and anyone who thinks otherwise on these forums is nuts. This is my first white car so we will see how that goes. I'm only 30 miles in and I think it could use a wash
Was VGRS an option? That's the only way you get power tilt/telescopic steering wheel in the 14-16 models. UW looks good for 17 front end!
Old 01-04-17, 02:52 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketG35
Was VGRS an option? That's the only way you get power tilt/telescopic steering wheel in the 14-16 models. UW looks good for 17 front end!
On the F Sport, yes, but you could get the power steering column with the luxury package as well on 14-16 models.
Old 01-04-17, 07:10 PM
wenovias
5th Gear

Originally Posted by JDR76
On the F Sport, yes, but you could get the power steering column with the luxury package as well on 14-16 models.
Does the 2017 F-Sport still come with VGRS and Power Steering Column adjustment?

I ordered an IS350 F-Sport but couldnt see VGRS mentioned for 2017 nor power steering column adjustment for the F-Sport.
I saw it as an option for the luxury plus package and was bummed i couldn't tick it!!

Anyone confirm their 2017 comes with power steering column adjustment?
Old 01-05-17, 06:13 AM
bull34dog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wenovias
Does the 2017 F-Sport still come with VGRS and Power Steering Column adjustment?

I ordered an IS350 F-Sport but couldnt see VGRS mentioned for 2017 nor power steering column adjustment for the F-Sport.
I saw it as an option for the luxury plus package and was bummed i couldn't tick it!!

Anyone confirm their 2017 comes with power steering column adjustment?
I can confirm that it does not. It's the only feature I don't have on this car that I did have on the previous one. My sales rep told me that they may add it later in the model cycle but for now they can't even order an IS350 F Sport in my region with it.
Old 01-05-17, 08:28 AM
wenovias
5th Gear

I can confirm that it does not. It's the only feature I don't have on this car that I did have on the previous one. My sales rep told me that they may add it later in the model cycle but for now they can't even order an IS350 F Sport in my region with it.
thanks for confirming, definitely a disappointment since i assumed it would have it as the old one did. Does 2017 even have VGRS? I could only find one mention in a TMS USA press release.

Seems we have similar builds too. I'm just disappointed that F-Sport is restricted from getting all the "luxury" things, as if people who like sporty appearance aren't at all interested in convenience features or real leather.
Old 01-05-17, 08:45 AM
SolsticeM
Driver School Candidate

Picked up my '17 last week - lease on my '15 ended and I got a great offer so I rolled into a new one

Old 01-06-17, 11:51 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

thanks for confirming, definitely a disappointment since i assumed it would have it as the old one did. Does 2017 even have VGRS? I could only find one mention in a TMS USA press release.

Seems we have similar builds too. I'm just disappointed that F-Sport is restricted from getting all the "luxury" things, as if people who like sporty appearance aren't at all interested in convenience features or real leather.
That's a bummer...probably will add it later once they get enough 17''s built out...maybe a 17.5 or 18 addition. I have it on my 15, and it helps make it a bit more luxurious. My wife sometimes drives the car so I'm adjusting the wheel a lot...memory would've been better. LOL.
Old 01-06-17, 12:47 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good but I'm still not sold on the single projector light now. Would've been cool if we got those awesome looking LED lights but since we didn't they should've just kept it the same. I still don't like that they added mesh to the left and right foglight holes, some reason I think it looks tacky. Call me bias cause I own a 2014 lol.

Nonetheless, still a nice Lexus vehicle.
Old 01-06-17, 01:29 PM
bull34dog
Driver School Candidate

I agree with you. I haven't found it anywhere as of yet as an option on the 2017. It's bugged me that the F Sport doesn't get real leather or memory seats and the regular IS350 does. I could be wrong, but I think other markets get the IS350 with some of those features. I guess since the US market is willing to buy them without it, they'll keep selling them to us that way.

Quick Reply: Any 2017's yet?