IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Non-illuminated Scuff Plates

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-16, 04:48 AM
stbiss
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Non-illuminated Scuff Plates

Hello everyone - new to this forum and have a question for anyone who might have some insight. I have a 2014 IS250 and was considering installing illuminated door sills, but the cost and the invasive installation procedure is not high on my list. I am really only looking for some nice plates with the Lexus logo to replace the stock black ones - illumination not necessary. I see from Lexus' website that the F-sport model has these (non-illuminated) as standard equipment - has anyone ever purchased these from Lexus dealer and installed on a non F-sport IS? I cannot imagine the mounting would be any different, but wonder if anyone has ever tried this. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-26-16, 06:04 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

i have. i have two ISs and one of them had the black scuff plates like your car does now. i purchased the non-illuminated lexus logo scuff plates from the dealership and popped the old ones off and snapped the new ones in place. it took all of five minutes.
Old 11-26-16, 06:24 AM
stbiss
Driver

Thanks for the info! I thought it would work but just wanted to make sure before I bought the new ones.
Old 11-26-16, 06:33 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stbiss
Thanks for the info! I thought it would work but just wanted to make sure before I bought the new ones.
yeah, it'll totally work. good luck! they look a whole lot nicer!
Old 11-26-16, 07:20 AM
stbiss
Driver

You wouldn't happen to have the Lexus part number you got, do you? Or did you just tell the dealer you wanted the F-sport sill plates?
Old 11-26-16, 07:30 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

You wouldn't happen to have the Lexus part number you got, do you? Or did you just tell the dealer you wanted the F-sport sill plates?
i don't know the part number. i just told the parts department at my local dealership that i wanted the non-illuminated lexus logo scuff plates and they knew what i was talking about. they're not exclusive to the f-sport model -- i have the luxury package on one of my ISs and it came with the lexus plates.
Old 11-26-16, 10:53 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Would be good if someone can post here the part number if found... thx
Old 12-02-16, 04:01 AM
stbiss
Driver

I went to my local Lexus dealer yesterday and asked for the non-illuminated Lexus logo scuff plates and was told they did not exist. I mentioned that someone in this forum had gotten them through their dealer so they agreed to call Lexus in California to inquire. A few hours later they called me saying they did exist and they could order and have them within two days. I will pick them up Saturday and will post the part numbers soon after.
Old 12-02-16, 04:14 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

I went to my local Lexus dealer yesterday and asked for the non-illuminated Lexus logo scuff plates and was told they did not exist. I mentioned that someone in this forum had gotten them through their dealer so they agreed to call Lexus in California to inquire. A few hours later they called me saying they did exist and they could order and have them within two days. I will pick them up Saturday and will post the part numbers soon after.
Splendid! Please post them up here.. thanks..
Old 12-03-16, 06:17 AM
stbiss
Driver

Well, this has turned into an ordeal. I called my dealer this morning to confirm the arrival of my non-illuminated Lexus logo scuff plates and was told they came in but were just like the ones on my car - black plastic with silver plate - no logo. They are saying the non-illuiminated ones are unicorns.

Hey davyjordi - what Lexus dealership did you use to get your non-illuminated plates? I would like top call them and see if I could get a part number of the ones you got. When did you purchase them? I wonder if it was something they used to carry and now have phased out. Or could they have been from another model than the IS that happened to fit? Any detail would be helpful.
Old 12-03-16, 06:20 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

How much are they going to charge you for it? Here is a link to an online dealer from japan with an english site.

http://lexusboutique.net/?pid=1446864
Old 12-03-16, 08:12 AM
stbiss
Driver

I think I have finally solved the mystery around these scuff plates. With the help of this link on eBay -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS250-...NYL6Md&vxp=mtr

any my local dealer, there are two part numbers for this plate (6791153040 and 6791153050) - one is base model (6791153040) and one is "F" sport (6791153050), but the plates are identical! The only thing that distinguishes one from the other is that the "F" sport plate (6791153050) also contains part #6791953060 which is an "ornament" that is on top of the plate. You can see in parts diagram below -

https://houseoflexus.com/parts/2014/...gramCallOut=14

I tried to confirm by looking at an "F" sport on the new car lot, but my dealer did not have one. I am wondering if you could just purchase the "ornament" and put on the base plate - not sure how it mounts though - adhesive? My dealer is going to call the Lexus Parts depot on Monday to confirm all of this and see if I really need to order the entire "F" sport plate or just the ornament.

So I am pretty confident the case is solved, but will find out next week. Whew...
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (12-10-16)
Old 12-09-16, 02:28 PM
stbiss
Driver

The mystery is solved!! I picked up my non-illuminated Lexus logo door scuff plates this afternoon from my local dealer. Part #67911-53050. I paid $60 per side.
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (12-09-16)
Old 12-09-16, 02:48 PM
SilvrBulet
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone have experience with installing the illuminated ones? Do they require electric or are they just made of a glow in the dark compound?
Old 12-09-16, 02:50 PM
stbiss
Driver

The illuminated versions require wiring to drive the light source - you have to remove some various panels and splice into some wires in the car - part of the 20 page Lexus instructions to install! I was not prepared to do that, so went the non-illuminated route.

Quick Reply: Non-illuminated Scuff Plates