IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Non-illuminated Scuff Plates

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-16, 12:10 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Looks good, so this is just a simple paste-over on the existing door sills, yeah?

Originally Posted by stbiss
The mystery is solved!! I picked up my non-illuminated Lexus logo door scuff plates this afternoon from my local dealer. Part #67911-53050. I paid $60 per side.
Old 12-10-16, 01:07 PM
stbiss
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The new plates are identical to the plain old ones - black plastic outer surface and silver plate on top with the exception of the "silver" part being hollowed out some in the middle and a Lexus logo plate embedded- installation is just to pop the old ones off and press on the new ones. Unfortunately, I don't get to do for another 2 weeks - one of my anniversary gifts from my wife
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (12-11-16)
Old 12-10-16, 01:30 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

The illuminated versions require wiring to drive the light source - you have to remove some various panels and splice into some wires in the car - part of the 20 page Lexus instructions to install! I was not prepared to do that, so went the non-illuminated route.
same here. it looked like too much of a hassle and so i installed the non-illuminated ones. i have two ISs -- one that came with them and one that didn't.
Old 12-11-16, 10:34 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Thumbs up

Got a pair for the front.. am so glad they are a one for one replacement, just need to pop the new ones in.

The new plates are identical to the plain old ones - black plastic outer surface and silver plate on top with the exception of the "silver" part being hollowed out some in the middle and a Lexus logo plate embedded- installation is just to pop the old ones off and press on the new ones. Unfortunately, I don't get to do for another 2 weeks - one of my anniversary gifts from my wife
Old 12-31-16, 02:13 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
i have. i have two ISs and one of them had the black scuff plates like your car does now. i purchased the non-illuminated lexus logo scuff plates from the dealership and popped the old ones off and snapped the new ones in place. it took all of five minutes.
Do you literally just pry it off with a screwdriver? I was a bit worried about replacing these myself. But if I have the dealer do it, they said they may charge me some labor cost.
Old 12-31-16, 02:45 PM
stbiss
Driver

I took some masking tape and taped off the edge of the paint next to the corner of the plate, I then took a plastic drywall spackling knife and prayed up one corner. Once the corner was up, I was able to just slide my hand under it and pop the rest of the plate up - does not take much force. I would not use a screwdriver - you would definitely scratch the paint.
Old 12-31-16, 09:52 PM
metrik
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
Do you literally just pry it off with a screwdriver? I was a bit worried about replacing these myself. But if I have the dealer do it, they said they may charge me some labor cost.
You can definitely do it yourself. Use a plastic trim removal tool, or a flat head with tape around the edge. Simply locate where the tabs are and wedge the tool in between. You'll be 'popping' them out so if you hear a noise that sounds like popping it is normal. Make sure to go slow and don't be afraid to use some force. You'll feel like you're breaking something but unless you're ripping it apart you should be fine
Old 12-31-16, 11:37 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

I just got the non-illuminated scuff plates as well. Installation was a breeze, stick a plastic pry tool or if not available, a plastic scraper or ruler (preferably non-metal) into the space below the scuff plates and it will pop right up with minimal amount of hand-pull. Take note not to scratch the pain. Literally < 10 mins to get the job done.

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
Old 08-15-24, 09:54 PM
Raziel022
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mystery is solved!! I picked up my non-illuminated Lexus logo door scuff plates this afternoon from my local dealer. Part #67911-53050. I paid $60 per side.
Part #67911-53050 includes both front sides?
Old 08-18-24, 04:47 AM
stbiss
Driver

It's been a few years since I bought them, but I believe it is the same part number for both sides - you must purchase 2 of that part number but nothing distinguishes them from right and left.