2014 Lexus IS 250 Nuluxe Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-16, 05:31 PM
snabbledab
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2014 Lexus IS 250 Nuluxe Problem

Hello everyone,

I just bought my Lexus IS250 around 2 months ago and have driven it for around 300 miles. The car has around 35000 miles right now and i noticed that on the driver side bolster, the Nuluxe is peeling. I honestly don't know if i purchased it with it or it was the cause of my pants rubbing into to it when getting in. I always wear chinos so maybe a button or something caught on to it. This is really bothering me as there is some gray underneath the Nuluxe and i do not want it to spread and start peeling like crazy. Has anyone else experienced this with Nuluxe? If so could you give me some advice as to what you did to remedy it. I purchased the car L certified, but the dealer is saying that it is a wear and tear item which is true, but i would expect this Nuluxe to be more durable. Any input at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a nice day

(i have attached pictures)
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Lexus IS 250 Nuluxe Problem-image1.jpg  
Old 11-16-16, 06:17 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbledab
Hello everyone,

I just bought my Lexus IS250 around 2 months ago and have driven it for around 300 miles. The car has around 35000 miles right now and i noticed that on the driver side bolster, the Nuluxe is peeling. I honestly don't know if i purchased it with it or it was the cause of my pants rubbing into to it when getting in. I always wear chinos so maybe a button or something caught on to it. This is really bothering me as there is some gray underneath the Nuluxe and i do not want it to spread and start peeling like crazy. Has anyone else experienced this with Nuluxe? If so could you give me some advice as to what you did to remedy it. I purchased the car L certified, but the dealer is saying that it is a wear and tear item which is true, but i would expect this Nuluxe to be more durable. Any input at all would be greatly appreciated.

You can say its the previous owners fault, since you only got the car for ~2 months & driven only 300 miles. The Nuluxe is prone to get weary especially in that area because people tend to slide in and out of the car.

I pick myself up by grabbing the roof of the car to get out, and slowly and carefully get in without hitting the bolster lol.
Old 11-16-16, 09:46 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Had the same problem, dealer (Longo) replaced the seat after getting approval from corporate (1 week turnaround time).
Old 11-17-16, 01:32 AM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The thing is once you want to get out of the car your watch gonna hit that spot "if you wear watches", it cracked quickly but nothing severe yet.
Old 11-17-16, 05:05 AM
39RN
Driver

Originally Posted by snabbledab
Hello everyone,

Also had the same issue. They first told me the same thing. Took the dealer contacting corp a couple times and they finally agreed to replace mine. Good luck!
Old 11-17-16, 12:44 PM
snabbledab
Rookie

Thank you everyone for your help, I have decided to contact corperate and they will get back to me with an answer on monday. Happy holidays!
Old 02-28-19, 10:06 AM
ianpemb
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2016 rx 350 fsport 3. My seat back on the driver's seat was replaced under warranty in 2017 approx 6 months after I purchased it. It is now 18 months after that and it seems that Lexus Canada has decided that the second time it happened in the same spot that it is NOT a warrant issue but rather just wear and tear. How is it that they cover it the first time under warranty but when the exact same happened for a second time that it is now wear and tear. This doesn't make sense. I was always under the impression that Lexus was a luxury brand. After spending 75k on this vehicle and having this happen twice within 18 months and now being refused warranty replacement I am doubting that the brand was ever "luxury". If there was ever a reason to switch auto companies this is the one for me. I will never purchase another Lexus as long as I live. That's too bad. I change this vehicle every 2 years. I am currently 58 and if I live until 76 they will lose just over one million in revenue. Smart move Lexus! Smart move. BTW in case anyone is wondering I am 5'8" tall and weigh in soaking wet at 150lbs. It is not like i overloaded the seat.
Old 02-28-19, 12:39 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 784 Likes on 401 Posts

My dad brought his '07 LS460L with 200,000 miles on it in for some panel repair under the car after a storm, and they replaced all of the vinyl leather material in his car for free, just because they saw it was damaged. Service rep said there is a program going on at Lexus to repair this kind of problem relating to the leather interiors. Youll have to talk to your service rep to see if youre eligible
Old 02-28-19, 12:56 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by ianpemb
I have a 2016 rx 350 fsport 3. My seat back on the driver's seat was replaced under warranty in 2017 approx 6 months after I purchased it. It is now 18 months after that and it seems that Lexus Canada has decided that the second time it happened in the same spot that it is NOT a warrant issue but rather just wear and tear. How is it that they cover it the first time under warranty but when the exact same happened for a second time that it is now wear and tear. This doesn't make sense. I was always under the impression that Lexus was a luxury brand. After spending 75k on this vehicle and having this happen twice within 18 months and now being refused warranty replacement I am doubting that the brand was ever "luxury". If there was ever a reason to switch auto companies this is the one for me. I will never purchase another Lexus as long as I live. That's too bad. I change this vehicle every 2 years. I am currently 58 and if I live until 76 they will lose just over one million in revenue. Smart move Lexus! Smart move. BTW in case anyone is wondering I am 5'8" tall and weigh in soaking wet at 150lbs. It is not like i overloaded the seat.
@ianpemb Is it the dealer refusing to warranty it? Or Lexus Canada themselves?
If it's just the dealer, then I would contact Lexus Canada and voice your concerns and historical warranty claim to a Customer Service rep.

If you don't get anywhere with Lexus Canada, then contact CAMVAP: https://www.camvap.ca/faq/

The reality is, they warrantied it once, which if it was really a wear and tear item, they shouldn't have.
They push it through in the name of customer satisfaction, which is great, but now they set precedent...which is not so great...for them.
Old 03-01-19, 05:43 AM
ianpemb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
@ianpemb Is it the dealer refusing to warranty it? Or Lexus Canada themselves?
If it's just the dealer, then I would contact Lexus Canada and voice your concerns and historical warranty claim to a Customer Service rep.

If you don't get anywhere with Lexus Canada, then contact CAMVAP: https://www.camvap.ca/faq/

The reality is, they warrantied it once, which if it was really a wear and tear item, they shouldn't have.
They push it through in the name of customer satisfaction, which is great, but now they set precedent...which is not so great...for them.
Yeah that's exactly what I thought as well. They did it once why not now? Here is the other thing, the vehicle only has 43000 kms the first seat cushion was replaced after about 10 or 12000kms. even if this was the first time problem at 43000kms and someone said "normal wear and tear" would be both insulting to me and if after 43000kms it is "normal to replace seat cushions" I would have said that they are crazy!!! I have had vehicles with over 300000 kms with less "wear and tear". Btw the dealer told me that Lexus Canada is the one who classified it is normal. I am not sure I am trusting the manager that gave me that info. It seems a little convenient to blame someone else and say there is nothing that we can do for you.

Last edited by ianpemb; 03-01-19 at 05:51 AM. Reason: to add photo
Old 03-01-19, 05:58 AM
SSworks
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Doesnt take overweight or misuse or even defective parts to cause that issue, Simple metal rivets on your jeans or cell phone on your belt or something that simple will cause the first nick in it and after that its down hill.
Old 03-01-19, 06:09 AM
ianpemb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SSworks
Doesnt take overweight or misuse or even defective parts to cause that issue, Simple metal rivets on your jeans or cell phone on your belt or something that simple will cause the first nick in it and after that its down hill.
Ok so here is a footnote for anyone else out there driving an Fsport model, Don't drive or ride in this car unless your wearing bubble wrap with a thick soft velour coating on the exterior.....Ridiculous!
The following users liked this post:
cadams77 (03-08-19)
Old 03-01-19, 06:12 AM
SSworks
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok so here is a footnote for anyone else out there driving an Fsport model, Don't drive or ride in this car unless your wearing bubble wrap with a thick soft velour coating on the exterior.....Ridiculous!
Voice of reason in this convo is gone LOL. Have a great weekend Sir.
Old 03-01-19, 06:29 AM
ianpemb
Driver School Candidate

I am sorry for sounding so cynical and sarcastic but this whole experience has me incredibly pissed at Lexus. Have a look at my bill of sale and you will see that they even have LEATHER seats listed. I wasn't aware that the seats were not leather until I had the first problem and even then I was told that parts of the seat like the seat back are not leather. After being refused any kind of help from Lexus I started looking for other people with issue like mine and it was there that I found out the entire seat is Nulux

The following users liked this post:
cadams77 (03-08-19)
Old 03-01-19, 06:43 AM
net4n6
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Holly Cr@p! I am more upset that you paid 76,643.59 Canadian $ for an IS. It's still a lot for IS350

Quick Reply: 2014 Lexus IS 250 Nuluxe Problem