IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Is My Car Broken?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-16, 11:56 AM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Is My Car Broken?

Hey everyone, I've had my 200t for just about 2 months now and I've been really enjoying it but noticed a few things that are worrying me and would like some input. First, when I put my parking brake on a hill the car still rolls a substantial amount. Second, sometimes when I try to change the track from my ipod I get a message saying loading data from ipod and If I try changing the track again it will turn audio off and disable both usb ports for a full day. Third, my steering wheel has a wierd blemish on top thats noticeable if I run my hands over it. Fourth, I sometimes hear a squeeking noise if I'm driving at low speeds but its not always there and goes away when I speed up but I believe this only started happening after I installed an intake.

Did I get a defective car or has anyone else had similar issues? Any input would be appreciated.
Old 11-07-16, 12:06 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Sounds like you need an appointment for service.

The parking brake may need to be adjusted and the dealer service department can also check to see if your nav/infotainment system needs a firmware update. At that time they could also look at the steering wheel to determine if it is a warrantable defect.

They can also check out the squeaking noise but be aware that if it is somehow caused by your intake, warranty won't cover it.
Old 11-07-16, 01:48 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,573 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt
Hey everyone, I've had my 200t for just about 2 months now and I've been really enjoying it but noticed a few things that are worrying me and would like some input. First, when I put my parking brake on a hill the car still rolls a substantial amount. Second, sometimes when I try to change the track from my ipod I get a message saying loading data from ipod and If I try changing the track again it will turn audio off and disable both usb ports for a full day. Third, my steering wheel has a wierd blemish on top thats noticeable if I run my hands over it. Fourth, I sometimes hear a squeeking noise if I'm driving at low speeds but its not always there and goes away when I speed up but I believe this only started happening after I installed an intake.

Did I get a defective car or has anyone else had similar issues? Any input would be appreciated.
parking brake: press harder
audio: try restarting the car? disable usb ports for a full day is weird...
Steering wheel: noticeable when you touch it? how bout when you look at it?
Noise: can be anything. probably a case of over thinking or if related to your intake, the result of installing aftermarket parts.

I think if anything, your only actual problem may be your audio problem. the other stuff.. meh i think you're just overthinking things or not doing things right.
Old 11-07-16, 01:58 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by E46CT
parking brake: press harder
audio: try restarting the car? disable usb ports for a full day is weird...
Steering wheel: noticeable when you touch it? how bout when you look at it?
Noise: can be anything. probably a case of over thinking or if related to your intake, the result of installing aftermarket parts.

I think if anything, your only actual problem may be your audio problem. the other stuff.. meh i think you're just overthinking things or not doing things right.
I push the parking brake down as far as it can go and the car still rolls a lot on hills to the point that I believe its not working at all.

As for the audio issue I've tried turning the audio off and on as well as restarting the car multiple times and switching the cables plugged into the usb ports and nothing seems to work except giving it time.

The blemish is also visible on the wheel but it wasnt there when I first got the car. It sort of just appeared and I have no clue when/how it happened.
Old 11-07-16, 03:57 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah you should go take it to service because that seems like a real issue that needs to be dealt with.
Old 11-07-16, 06:30 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

My ipod does almost the exact same thing: "getting data from iPod, please wait".
Old 11-08-16, 03:55 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Break2
My ipod does almost the exact same thing: "getting data from iPod, please wait".
Have you tried skipping the track when it gives you that message? I run into the problem when I press next track without waiting for that message to go away.

I'm going to be making a service appointment soon and will update this thread when I get some answers.
Old 11-08-16, 03:58 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt
Have you tried skipping the track when it gives you that message? I run into the problem when I press next track without waiting for that message to go away.

I'm going to be making a service appointment soon and will update this thread when I get some answers.
I haven't actually. I will. Thanks.