IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

f sport bumper and fog lights question

Old 10-06-16, 07:24 AM
eljodemuch
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default f sport bumper and fog lights question

Hello to all. I'm new here. Got my first Lexus, and so far it's been an up and down kind of ride. Have an issue with my right wheel but that's a whole other story. Anyways I have a quick simple question. The 2016 IS300 has fog lights. Does the 2016 F Sport IS300 version also come with fog light? Can't seem to find it anywhere. The reason I ask is because I was thinking of putting the F Sport bumper on my car. Recent accident and thought why not just buy a new bumper and save some money. So does the 2016 IS300 F Sport come with fog lights? If not, will the F Sport bumper fit on the non f sport IS300. Hope that makes sense.
Old 10-06-16, 07:39 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

None of the F-Sport bumpers have a fog light option from the factory in North America, whether it's the 250, 200t, 300 or 350. You were probably looking at a Non F-Sport IS300 that has fog lights.

However, you can certainly purchase aftermarket fog lights or OEM JDM Fog lights for the F-Sport bumper. Do a search in this forum and you'll see tons of threads with plenty of information for you.
Old 10-06-16, 07:44 AM
eljodemuch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by evident
None of the F-Sport bumpers have a fog light option from the factory in North America, whether it's the 250, 200t, 300 or 350. You were probably looking at a Non F-Sport IS300 that has fog lights.

However, you can certainly purchase aftermarket fog lights or OEM JDM Fog lights for the F-Sport bumper. Do a search in this forum and you'll see tons of threads with plenty of information for you.

Well I have a Non F Sport IS300. It has fog lights. So I wouldn't need to buy any aftermarket fog lights. But if I buy a F Sport bumper, will it fit my car, even tho it already has fog lights.
Old 10-06-16, 08:26 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by eljodemuch
Well I have a Non F Sport IS300. It has fog lights. So I wouldn't need to buy any aftermarket fog lights. But if I buy a F Sport bumper, will it fit my car, even tho it already has fog lights.
Nope. They will not fit. Take a close look at the non-f sport fog lights and the f-sport ones. they have a different shape. You will definitely need to buy the correct ones, either aftermarket or OEM JDM. on the positive side- since your car is already wired up for fog lights you won't need to do any additional wiring.
Old 10-06-16, 08:55 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

if you do decide to get an F-Sport bumper, all you would need is to buy the JDM F-Sport fog light units and fog light covers. Plug them into your existing harness, done
Old 10-06-16, 09:26 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,064 Likes on 1,559 Posts

^Except they cost $1000 right? Such an ugly design, Lexus. =( Lexus should've left the standard 20-year old Toyota/Lexus fog light standard for the F Sport. Not sure why they gave ugly tiny puny fog lights.
Old 10-06-16, 09:27 AM
eljodemuch
Driver School Candidate

ok Makes sense. Thanks guys. Now you say the fog lights will not fit because the bumper is shaped differently. What if I buy just a fog light cover? Will that let me use my current fog lights? I guess I'm asking because I'm afraid of the aftermarket ones. I have LED fog lights. I'm afraid the JDM ones will not have a strong light output, so it won't look the same or it will just look tacky. I've seen some and the light doesn't look that good. I could be wrong
Old 10-06-16, 09:29 AM
eljodemuch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E46CT
^Except they cost $1000 right? Such an ugly design, Lexus. =( Lexus should've left the standard 20-year old Toyota/Lexus fog light standard for the F Sport. Not sure why they gave ugly tiny puny fog lights.
They do look tiny. I'm not feeling it at all lol
Old 10-06-16, 09:41 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

The JDM ones look fine appearance wise. Functional wise, they don't make much of a difference.

I'm working on a set of Corolla LED OEM low beams as fog lights. =D I hope to finish that project by this weekend..
Old 10-06-16, 09:42 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by eljodemuch
ok Makes sense. Thanks guys. Now you say the fog lights will not fit because the bumper is shaped differently. What if I buy just a fog light cover? Will that let me use my current fog lights? I guess I'm asking because I'm afraid of the aftermarket ones. I have LED fog lights. I'm afraid the JDM ones will not have a strong light output, so it won't look the same or it will just look tacky. I've seen some and the light doesn't look that good. I could be wrong
The foglights lenses for the non f-sport are angled sideways, and the f-sport lenses point straight forward... so the f sport covers will not work with the non f-sport fog lights without looking very out of place.

The reason why (I think) Lexus decided to go with smaller LED fog lights for their f sport models are to create a cleaner/more balanced look for the LED head lights. Trying to have it so the heads and fog lights are relatively close in size instead of having much bigger fog lights than head lights.
Old 10-06-16, 10:00 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

You guys... I was browsing 4GS forum... I am thinking of trying these WITH the exterior F sport fog light covers... $130 a side. 4GS LED fog lights...

LAMP ASSY, FOG, RH F SPORT&FRONT FOG LAMP-WITH (LED & F SPORT)
$127.48 1 $127.48
LAMP ASSY, FOG, LH F SPORT&FRONT FOG LAMP-WITH (LED & F SPORT)
$127.48 1 $127.48

Anyone want to try it?? The units themselves look small... if they don't bolt up i was thinking taking it apart and cannibilizing the LED projector part and somehow installing them in the JDMToy housings. I'll bet that the internal LED projectors are identical to IS/RC OEM LED.

Old 10-06-16, 10:04 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by E46CT
You guys... I was browsing 4GS forum... I am thinking of trying these WITH the exterior F sport fog light covers... $130 a side. 4GS LED fog lights...

LAMP ASSY, FOG, RH F SPORT&FRONT FOG LAMP-WITH (LED & F SPORT)
$127.48 1 $127.48
LAMP ASSY, FOG, LH F SPORT&FRONT FOG LAMP-WITH (LED & F SPORT)
$127.48 1 $127.48

Anyone want to try it?? The units themselves look small... if they don't bolt up i was thinking taking it apart and cannibilizing the LED projector part and somehow installing them in the JDMToy housings. I'll bet that the internal LED projectors are identical to IS/RC OEM LED.

That or if you're going to start looking at alternative housings...
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...og-lights.html
here's a bunch of choices that you can pick one that might work best

I had a set in my STi and they are pretty bright
Old 10-06-16, 10:24 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

^Yeah I had those TRS Toy/Lex LED aftermarket LEDs in my 2016 CT200h. Unfortunately theyre a bit big for our F Sport openings.
Old 10-06-16, 10:32 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

OEM JDM Fsport Fog lights are totally different than the other Lexus model types.

Old 10-06-16, 11:05 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

@specONE @E46CT - Do you happen to know the measurements of the OEM fog lights? I've never taken my bumper, fender liner out, but was wondering how much space we actually have if we wanted to create our own. I have a set of TSX projectors that I never used...those have amazing cut offs - and was thinking maybe I could retrofit them there? I have no idea on the space though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: f sport bumper and fog lights question