IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2016 vs 2017 Lexus IS

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-16, 12:14 AM
SantiP
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw the website and it seems the Nightfall Mica color (which I like) is only available in the basic IS model and not with the F-Sport package! This sucks! I liked the look of the F-sport mesh grille. Why couldn't they just give it with F-Sport too?!
Old 10-16-16, 07:22 AM
BoDarville
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Osssen
Wish they would have done something about the engine, gearbox and weight though.
if you don't mind, can you elaborate on this? considering this car, and would like to know your thoughts
Old 10-23-16, 01:03 PM
SantiP
Rookie

Originally Posted by SantiP
Just saw the website and it seems the Nightfall Mica color (which I like) is only available in the basic IS model and not with the F-Sport package! This sucks! I liked the look of the F-sport mesh grille. Why couldn't they just give it with F-Sport too?!
Does anyone have any pics for the 2017 IS in the Nightfall Mica color by any chance?
Old 10-23-16, 02:37 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Does anyone have any pics for the 2017 IS in the Nightfall Mica color by any chance?
Here's a front shot. Third image down. https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/09/...is-is-f-sport/
Old 10-23-16, 03:14 PM
SantiP
Rookie

Originally Posted by Plxs15350
Here's a front shot. Third image down. https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/09/...is-is-f-sport/
I think that's the UltraSonic Blue Mica. That pic is of an F-Sport and Nightfall Mica isn't available with that package!
Old 10-23-16, 03:18 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I think that's the UltraSonic Blue Mica. That pic is of an F-Sport and Nightfall Mica isn't available with that package!
The ultrasonic blue is that bright blue color. Nightfall Mica is the darker blue.
Old 10-23-16, 04:46 PM
SantiP
Rookie

The ultrasonic blue is that bright blue color. Nightfall Mica is the darker blue.
Oh is it? It doesn't show that color when you select "IS F-Sport" on the website. It shows USB instead of Nightfall Mica. Also, I spoke to a dealer and she also said that the Nightfall Mica color doesn't come with the F-Sport!
Old 10-24-16, 07:48 AM
drobbins
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reading this thread, I find it really disturbing that multiple people have arrived at the conclusion that the OP "can afford it." "It" being $4-6k.

Over a four year loan period, that's over $100 a month to someone you know nothing about.
Old 10-26-16, 08:11 PM
BluVengnce
Driver School Candidate

Personally, make a decision you won't have regrets about. At the end of the day if it saves you money (and a decent amount) just get a different color. I would look at the huge thread where people post their IS with mods and see how certain colors look when modded. For example, I wanted a UBM with red interior, but I almost purchased the redline color because I saw a few pictures where it looked amazing with the carbon grill, rims and dark tints. I managed to find a UBM with red interior (last one in the area) and bought it but I would have been happy with the red also. I understand about wanting a specific color but if your really agonizing a light blue vs dark blue then I don't know what to tell you. It isn't that big a deal. I have always loved dark blues like the nightfall but let me tell you how many compliments I got with the UBM.... the F sport is sharp and I think you would be happy with it.

Also, check the colors out IN PERSON. It may look great from pictures and you really may not like it as much in person.
Old 10-28-16, 03:08 PM
robert2423
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

my girlfriend is completely happy with my 7'' I think that it is worth the discounts if you ask me.. just depends on your budget..
I do love how its more like the GS in the front. I really want a gs for my next car tho.
Old 10-28-16, 03:14 PM
SantiP
Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by BluVengnce
Personally, make a decision you won't have regrets about. At the end of the day if it saves you money (and a decent amount) just get a different color. I would look at the huge thread where people post their IS with mods and see how certain colors look when modded. For example, I wanted a UBM with red interior, but I almost purchased the redline color because I saw a few pictures where it looked amazing with the carbon grill, rims and dark tints. I managed to find a UBM with red interior (last one in the area) and bought it but I would have been happy with the red also. I understand about wanting a specific color but if your really agonizing a light blue vs dark blue then I don't know what to tell you. It isn't that big a deal. I have always loved dark blues like the nightfall but let me tell you how many compliments I got with the UBM.... the F sport is sharp and I think you would be happy with it.

Also, check the colors out IN PERSON. It may look great from pictures and you really may not like it as much in person.
Yes, that's true. Going to the dealerships tomorrow to check out the colors and to see how low are they willing to go for the 2016. Also, I know I should be willing to compromise on something, but I don't know why is color so important for me. I know USB is a good colors, but I can't seem to like bright colors a lot; darker colors are more appealing to me. Also, could you share the link of that thread if possible? Thanks!
Old 10-28-16, 03:34 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, that's true. Going to the dealerships tomorrow to check out the colors and to see how low are they willing to go for the 2016. Also, I know I should be willing to compromise on something, but I don't know why is color so important for me. I know USB is a good colors, but I can't seem to like bright colors a lot; darker colors are more appealing to me. Also, could you share the link of that thread if possible? Thanks!
Dude get a 17 with the color you like. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Old 10-28-16, 03:38 PM
BluVengnce
Driver School Candidate

This is mine. The blue isn't as light as you think. I just put dark tints on it but it shines and is a beauty. I have seen really nice black and silver ones too.

Here is the link

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/699276-pic-of-your-3is-right-now.html

just scroll through pages and see what people do to their IS and how it looks. Maybe it will change your mind. Otherwise stick with that nightfall color. Another question... how inportant is the F sport package? If the f sport package is important then you can't have both because it isn't offered with the nightfall color.

Old 10-28-16, 03:47 PM
SantiP
Rookie

Originally Posted by BluVengnce
This is mine. The blue isn't as light as you think. I just put dark tints on it but it shines and is a beauty. I have seen really nice black and silver ones too.

Here is the link

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...right-now.html

just scroll through pages and see what people do to their IS and how it looks. Maybe it will change your mind. Otherwise stick with that nightfall color. Another question... how inportant is the F sport package? If the f sport package is important then you can't have both because it isn't offered with the nightfall color.
Yup I know that. I wanted the F-Sport package coz I like the way the grille looks, but I don't it I like it enough to make me compromise on color. I'm thinking of buying the IS350 base model in Nightfall Mica as its worth the same as IS200t + F-Sport. Your USB looks great btw! Sorry for sounding stupid, but by tints, you mean on the exterior?
Old 10-28-16, 03:49 PM
BluVengnce
Driver School Candidate

Yes. 15% looks nice. You will be happy with the IS350 (non F sport) and there are nice packages too. Post pics of the nightfall when you get it. Good luck with the purchase !

Yup I know that. I wanted the F-Sport package coz I like the way the grille looks, but I don't it I like it enough to make me compromise on color. I'm thinking of buying the IS350 base model in Nightfall Mica as its worth the same as IS200t + F-Sport. Your USB looks great btw! Sorry for sounding stupid, but by tints, you mean on the exterior?

Quick Reply: 2016 vs 2017 Lexus IS