Front Parking/Marker light

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-16, 04:23 PM
MatrixPC
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Front Parking/Marker light

Hello all,
Is it my car or all IS F Sport the front parking/marker light where the dual filaments bulb turn signal isn't lit up. The current bulb is dual filaments and there are 3 wires going to the socket but only the turn signal is working on that bulb. The marker/parking function isn't work. There have to be a setting somewhere. I don't think Toyota/Lexus spend money on a 'none functional' wire. Perhaps this marker function is working on None F-Sport model but disable on F-sport model like the Fog light (wires/plugs are there but need additional components to work).
Does any one know how to turn that on function on is it setting somewhere? I do have Carista to change the setting if it's in there.
I look around the fuse boxes and no front parking/marker written any where.
I'm looking for the parking/marker hot wires to wire the fog light and I want the fog light to come on with parking mode and head light mode. I haven't check all wires behind the fog light to look for this wire/signal. The obvious one is the turn signal bulb but that is not working.
Thanks

Last edited by MatrixPC; 10-03-16 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-04-16, 08:17 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MatrixPC
Hello all,
Is it my car or all IS F Sport the front parking/marker light where the dual filaments bulb turn signal isn't lit up. The current bulb is dual filaments and there are 3 wires going to the socket but only the turn signal is working on that bulb. The marker/parking function isn't work. There have to be a setting somewhere. I don't think Toyota/Lexus spend money on a 'none functional' wire. Perhaps this marker function is working on None F-Sport model but disable on F-sport model like the Fog light (wires/plugs are there but need additional components to work).
Does any one know how to turn that on function on is it setting somewhere? I do have Carista to change the setting if it's in there.
I look around the fuse boxes and no front parking/marker written any where.
I'm looking for the parking/marker hot wires to wire the fog light and I want the fog light to come on with parking mode and head light mode. I haven't check all wires behind the fog light to look for this wire/signal. The obvious one is the turn signal bulb but that is not working.
Thanks
I'm not sure, but there are single filament switchback LEDs which have an extra wire to tap into your fuse box/ACC source. This would make the light behave as you want - lit up white when powered on, then switches to amber when you hit the turn signal. I haven't tried it, but am interested because I like how a lot of cars have this feature now. I'm just not sure ours will look good with that white light on the entire time + its not a true DRL + we have our "swoosh" DRL too. Anyway, just a thought. Here's an example of the bulb - once again I've never tried it, but seems simple to install since it's just one wire that you can tap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/No-Hyper-Fla...ZW3V15&vxp=mtr
Old 10-05-16, 06:46 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Do you have the head light with separate high beam and low beam LED? If you do, I did a test on mine last night.. the signal bulbs do not actually light up as markers. They only function as signals. you may want to tap into the actual side marker light.

I believe the extra wire "may" be for other head light options for other areas... like head lights with bi-xenon (just my guess)
Old 10-05-16, 12:05 PM
MatrixPC
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My is the F-sport with low and high LED head lights.
I guess I have to look for that signal at the DRL low intensity (night mode) or the actual marker wire on the head light. Suck that there isn't much room to poking around behind the 'fog light' after pulling wheel liner out.
Or I'm just checking the wiper stack to trigger the fog light wires to turn on. If that doesn't work, engine bay fuse boxes would be the last option.
Thanks