IS350 Weatherstrip Driver Door

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-16, 01:46 PM
treymoczy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 Weatherstrip Driver Door

Hi all,

I had a silver IS 350 F-Sport (2014) a couple months ago, before it was totaled. I'll save that story for another day. It had an issue where, when I rode over bumps or drove on very rough roads, you could hear the driver door making noise. It's hard to describe the noise but it sounded like the seal wasn't completely intact between the door and the weatherstrip which caused the noise. The issue seems like the door is slightly moving to some extent due to the loss of tension with the weatherseal. It can be non-noticeable when driving on a smooth highway but on other roads, especially construction areas, it bothered me immensely. I took it into Lexus; the technician was able to replicate the issue, and had the weatherstrip on the driver door replaced under warranty. When I received my car back, the door was completely silent over bumps. It drove quieter than it ever had. I was a happy camper, then my car was totaled literally days later.

I now have a new gray IS-350 F Sport (2014). The car was purchased CPO. One of the first things I noticed about the car was that it had this same issue when going over roads, bumps, and the noise was slightly MORE noticeable than on the last vehicle prior to the repair. However, upon taking it into Lexus twice now, they have been "unable to replicate the issue". I have a ride along with the technician tomorrow but I'm hesitant to believe he'll acknowledge this given they've rejected me twice now. It's very irritating as I hear this multiple times every time I drive the car.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I imagine it's affecting a large number of IS's given that in my experience it's affected 2/2 vehicles.

Also, any advice on getting the Lexus dealer to believe me? I have the repair documentation from my last vehicle, and the last repair sent me away a happy customer, so I hope to use that to my advantage tomorrow.

Last edited by treymoczy; 09-27-16 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-27-16, 07:40 PM
tff
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

I have the same issue on my '14 IS350. I'm on the verge of taking it back to the dealer for the second time. Subtle noise but VERY annoying. Curious if yours goes away (or almost goes away) with the driver's window rolled down just a bit?

Keep us / me posted on your luck with the dealer. I'll probably have mine back in next week.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...door-area.html
Old 09-27-16, 08:21 PM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you tell the tech that you had the exact same car before with the exact same issue and it was solved by replacing the weather stripping, they might be more willing to help.