IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Guy across the street using trimmer threw rocks against side of my car how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-16, 05:03 AM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guy across the street using trimmer threw rocks against side of my car how to fix?

Had a great day yesterday, driving home about 2 seconds before pulling into my driveway I can hear LOTS of rocks being thrown against the side of my car.. of course I jump out of car and get a little loud about what just happened. Neighbor is pissed that I'm accusing him of making a mistake and tries to say he was very far away from the street and how could he possibly have done anything..........and that's fine and dandy until I play the dashcam video which shows his car parked on the opposite side of the street that forces me to drive closer to him AND him using his trimmer on the edge of his driveway where it meets the pavement which JUST as I drive by he puts down.

Either way that's not the important part here.. as he's obviously a total **** and isn't going to pay for it no matter what. I'm focused on how to fix this.

So far I've only found 3.

I'm going to go wash the car now and look for more..

looks like one is down to the metal..any advice? Should I just bring it to a detailer?

Old 09-11-16, 08:33 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,655 Posts

If he has homeowners insurance, his policy will likely pay up to $500 regardless of liability (a typical coverage they have) but since he isn't interested in playing ball, you may be out of luck. If he was just mowing his lawn and didn't do anything necessarily negligent, then he's not legally responsible for your damages. Sorry, bud.

Your paint was taken out. Nothing a detailer can do.

Just get some touch up paint and touch it up as best you can.

Use a paint stick:

http://amzn.to/2cB9f6G
Old 09-11-16, 11:47 AM
UngBuck
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a little touch up and filling is the best you can do.
Old 09-11-16, 10:42 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Sorry to hear about this, timing is everything, right? If you're looking to have the damage professionally fixed, check your insurance coverage to see if you have comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage often carries a lower deductible than collision, is applicable to exactly this type of event (check with your agent) and, depending on your state, does not raise your premium when a claim is filed.
Unless his car is fully paid off, he is sure to have full coverage as required by the title holder of the car. Collision damage also would not apply anyway.
Old 09-11-16, 11:18 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about this, timing is everything, right? If you're looking to have the damage professionally fixed, check your insurance coverage to see if you have comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage often carries a lower deductible than collision, is applicable to exactly this type of event (check with your agent) and, depending on your state, does not raise your premium when a claim is filed.
Wow, trying to be helpful and inform OP regarding possible options to assist in fixing damage and I get rebuttal?

I am not aware of the ownership status on OP's vehicle nor OP's insurance coverage, that's why I advised OP check their coverage to see if comprehensive might apply.

No where in my post did I state collision coverage would apply, again, that's why I've advised OP to check to see if comprehensive coverage might apply.
Your post seems to imply that if he goes thru comp vs. collision, he would have a lower deductible. I was clarifying to OP collision would not apply. So it's moot to mention collision.

If OP is financing his car (which 99.99% of us are) then he is required to have full coverage and thus would have comp and thus would apply. The only question is whether or not it will surpass his deductible.

Source: former experience - 15+ years in insurance adjusting =)