IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

RC axle back on 3IS

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-17, 12:41 PM
EMOgs3
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gpxluke
why don't you want the Toms' quad tip? it matches up with the diffuser perfectly
sounds nice, but I want it louder lol
Old 01-03-17, 01:02 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by EMOgs3
sounds nice, but I want it louder lol
Replace the OEM mid pipe ? Or add header ?
Old 01-04-17, 05:29 PM
phans2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

How can I get the new '17 rear diffuser? anyone know where I can order it online? If GPXLUKE confirms the fitment on the RC quad exhaust axle back is GOOD, I will be jumping in for that setup. GREDDY OR TANNABE hmm...
Old 01-06-17, 11:48 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

@gpxluke - Yesterday was Thursday...any updates on fitment/pics????
Old 01-06-17, 05:53 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

I had something came up yesterday postponed my appt to today. I just came back from the shop. Exhaust has been successfully installed. However the greddy exhaust design does not flow with my TRD diffuser very well which is one thing I dont like about the Greddy design. Mayb I should switch to one that's made for the 3IS facelift in the coming future. But I have come to a conclusion that the RC axelback will fit the 3IS. I will upload some pics once I get a chance to take some.
The following 4 users liked this post by gpxluke:
gbgary (01-06-17), Jlin89 (01-10-17), RocketG35 (01-18-17), UngBuck (01-06-17)
Old 01-06-17, 07:32 PM
breezytint
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I had something came up yesterday postponed my appt to today. I just came back from the shop. Exhaust has been successfully installed. However the greddy exhaust design does not flow with my TRD diffuser very well which is one thing I dont like about the Greddy design. Mayb I should switch to one that's made for the 3IS facelift in the coming future. But I have come to a conclusion that the RC axelback will fit the 3IS. I will upload some pics once I get a chance to take some.
Thanks GPXLUKE for taking the initiative on this .....
Old 01-06-17, 09:41 PM
UngBuck
Pit Crew

i guessed it right. i wanted to do the same too but i can't get my hand on any RC axle back. so i went with invidia instead. Thank you so much for the initiative. i can't wait for sound clips and pictures. now im debating if i should sell my Q300 axle back or fabricate a quad tip on it
Old 01-06-17, 09:48 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by UngBuck
i guessed it right. i wanted to do the same too but i can't get my hand on any RC axle back. so i went with invidia instead. Thank you so much for the initiative. i can't wait for sound clips and pictures. now im debating if i should sell my Q300 axle back or fabricate a quad tip on it
I love the greddy with invidia mid pipe setup, the sound is more solid with a deeper tone. Also I can feel the greddy axelback is much lighter and I can feel the car accelerates smoother. Less drone for now inside the cabin. Quality is top notch, Invidia can't beat the craftsmanship on the Greddy exhaust. However the design of the tips do not flow with my diffuser which is something I'm a little disappointed about, oh well it's not made for my car originally it's not something I should complain about. But if Greddy is coming out with quad tips exhaust for our car I would def switch to one that is actually made for our 3IS application. Wait for my pictures and video.
The following 2 users liked this post by gpxluke:
brendanf (01-07-17), UngBuck (01-06-17)
Old 01-08-17, 08:56 AM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on pics and videos?
Old 01-08-17, 11:37 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by UngBuck
Someone in SD is selling one for cheap in the RC classifieds section
Old 01-11-17, 10:13 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ddvette9
Any updates on pics and videos?
car is dirty. It has been raining. I will spare some time hopefully this weekend to take some pics and video
The following users liked this post:
IreneIS350 (01-14-17)
Old 01-15-17, 05:29 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Snapped some quick pics for the exhaust today. I am getting used to the look of the tips.

Do I like it? Not really. Would I do it again? Yes I would becuz it does gives a very unique sound. Would I recommend doing it? I would recommend wait for Greddy to release the actual application for the 3IS.
The following 4 users liked this post by gpxluke:
gbgary (01-16-17), RocketG35 (01-18-17), timmicles (02-12-17), UngBuck (01-15-17)
Old 01-15-17, 06:44 PM
UngBuck
Pit Crew

they look unique lol very different. maybe it would look good on different diffuser? Thanks for your time again bro. we really appreciate it.
Old 01-15-17, 07:45 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

it's almost they're on the wrong sides ya know what i mean?
Old 01-15-17, 10:33 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Do I like it? Not really. Would I do it again? Yes I would becuz it does gives a very unique sound. Would I recommend doing it? I would recommend wait for Greddy to release the actual application for the 3IS.
First and foremost, thanks for trying it out and posting pictures for us to see and compare

I think it looks off because of the tip length and angle being specifically for the RC, maybe due to the diffuser tip exhaust area being different in size.

But at least now we can all see that they are interchangeable like we thought with the same hanger locations

Quick Reply: RC axle back on 3IS