IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-16, 11:31 AM
kbarbaro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wheel Spacers

I just lowered my car with some Swifts and i'm noticing really bad that the rear wheels are sticking far more out then the front. My question is what do you guys recommend to flush out the fronts with the rears? And am I just seeing things or are the fronts already even with the rear?
Old 08-11-16, 11:35 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Most popular suspension setup with 3Is customers for me are Swift/RSR springs with H&R spacers 20/15mm.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-11-16, 11:37 AM
kbarbaro
Driver

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Most popular suspension setup with 3Is customers for me are Swift/RSR springs with H&R spacers 20/15mm.

-Josh
My rears seem pretty close to being flush with the rear fender, with 15 in the back i'm little worried about rubbing , maybe I am just seeing things. Do you have any in stock?
Old 08-11-16, 11:39 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by kbarbaro
My rears seem pretty close to being flush with the rear fender, with 15 in the back i'm little worried about rubbing , maybe I am just seeing things. Do you have any in stock?
Yes I do. The rear should not be flush at all.. Are you on stock Fsport wheels?

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 08-11-16, 11:41 AM
kbarbaro
Driver

Yes I do. The rear should not be flush at all.. Are you on stock Fsport wheels?

-Josh
Yes I am, I have some added weight in the trunk right now maybe thats throwing me off. I will post a picture and you can let me know what you think later in the day.
Old 08-11-16, 11:42 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by kbarbaro
Yes I am, I have some added weight in the trunk right now maybe thats throwing me off. I will post a picture and you can let me know what you think later in the day.
I have Fsport wheels, Swift Springs and 2 12" subs in the rear. haha

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 08-11-16, 12:34 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,066 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I have Fsport wheels, Swift Springs and 2 12" subs in the rear. haha

-Josh
Do you have any pics of the RSR (half down or regular down) and the 20/15 spacers? Whats your price for all those? Do you have a link, or how would I purchase them? (Looking to do something similar soon) Probably half down. I don't want it to look r1cey haaha. Going for a really premium adult motorsports type look. No slamming
Old 08-11-16, 12:37 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by E46CT
Do you have any pics of the RSR (half down or regular down) and the 20/15 spacers? Whats your price for all those? Do you have a link, or how would I purchase them? (Looking to do something similar soon) Probably half down. I don't want it to look r1cey haaha. Going for a really premium adult motorsports type look. No slamming
They're all over the forum haha. Springs range from around $279, spacers are about $270. Those are just ballpark numbers.

When you're ready to purchase, feel free to text or shoot me a message. We'll get you setup.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 08-11-16, 12:46 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,066 Likes on 1,560 Posts

They're all over the forum haha. Springs range from around $279, spacers are about $270. Those are just ballpark numbers.

When you're ready to purchase, feel free to text or shoot me a message. We'll get you setup.

-Josh
Yeah it's hard.. mostly you see the 20/25 or more aggressive setups. I like your suggestion because it's really mild. My motto is LESS is more.

I know the spacers have to be a certain size to clear the stock studs. I like to do the occasional canyon or autocross. I'm guessing these spacers will be secure for hard driving, not just parking lot cruising/daily driving, etc? I come from the BMW world where you use extended wheel bolts w/ spacers. A solid and very simple setup. I wish Lexus used wheel bolts.
Old 08-13-16, 07:10 PM
kbarbaro
Driver

Here is where im at with stock, right now I still have my stock springs in the trunk so im sitting a little low. Im not looking for an aggressive look. Just something to make the fronts and rear even with the fenders.

Old 08-13-16, 07:19 PM
kwasley
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doesnt look that flush iyam. as a side note, 15mm spacers, do the stock wheels studs fit into the stock rims or do the studs need to be trimmed? 20mm should be fine, but im wondering about the 15mms, thanks
Old 08-13-16, 10:21 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

That's not flushed .
Old 08-14-16, 07:09 AM
manchild
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kwasley
doesnt look that flush iyam. as a side note, 15mm spacers, do the stock wheels studs fit into the stock rims or do the studs need to be trimmed? 20mm should be fine, but im wondering about the 15mms, thanks
I'm running 20mm front 15mm rear dropped on rsr downs. is350 FSport AWD. I was rubbing like mad with 20mm in the back. 15s sit great and no rubbing.

Yes the studs need to be trimmed on 15mm spacers. There is about 6mm of unthreaded, useless space right on the front of the stock studs. I trimmed that back 5mm so the stock FSport wheels ride on the spacer. The wheels MUST sit flat on the spacer, never on the studs.

For the love of God do not put hubcentric V2 15mm spacers on without shaving or replacing the stock studs. Also if you replace them with really short ones test them without the spacer to make sure you can mount the spare in the event of a flat.

Last edited by manchild; 08-14-16 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-14-16, 11:18 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Not flush enough, need those spacers I recommended!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 08-14-16, 07:22 PM
kwasley
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by manchild
I'm running 20mm front 15mm rear dropped on rsr downs. is350 FSport AWD. I was rubbing like mad with 20mm in the back. 15s sit great and no rubbing.

Yes the studs need to be trimmed on 15mm spacers. There is about 6mm of unthreaded, useless space right on the front of the stock studs. I trimmed that back 5mm so the stock FSport wheels ride on the spacer. The wheels MUST sit flat on the spacer, never on the studs.

For the love of God do not put hubcentric V2 15mm spacers on without shaving or replacing the stock studs. Also if you replace them with really short ones test them without the spacer to make sure you can mount the spare in the event of a flat.
thanks dude. so how did you shave them? angle grinder? are there any 15mm brands out there that don't require shaving?

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers