IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS250 F-Sport Clarification

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-16, 05:54 AM
ninja729
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 IS250 F-Sport Clarification

I'm looking to put an axle back exhaust and also a cold air intake into my car, I'm order the parts and having a mechanic fried do all the install and just wanted to clarify both of these will fit into my car. If you guys have any suggestions feel free to toss 'em in my budget was 2K including labor so I know I have room to play with. He is also going to do tinting as well.

http://www.modinjapan.com/pts-is2014-axle.html

http://www.modinjapan.com/takeda-pro...-3-5l-blk.html
Old 07-31-16, 11:37 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Hi Ninja

Yes those parts will fit. It should be an hour labor rate to install the axleback and .5-1 hours for the intake. Your well under your budget.
Let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to PM me for a package deal

thanks
Lou
Old 07-31-16, 12:17 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

If you're under budget why not just do the install for both yourself? The intake and axle back are pretty straight forward. I had no issues doing both and only took me an hour. Just my 2cents.
Old 07-31-16, 01:58 PM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

you should definitely do the intake yourself. on a difficulty scale of 1-10, 1 being the easiest, it's a 2 at most. there are DIY posts on the forum you can find to help
Old 07-31-16, 02:17 PM
ninja729
Driver

I know I am well under budget and the person working on my car is a close friend wanted to give him some business too thats why.
Old 07-31-16, 07:59 PM
leo877
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

For 2k you can get full exhaust and intake installed
Old 07-31-16, 08:42 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Intake is pretty straight forward DIY install

If you don't have the tools, axle back might cause some frustration. A shop could do it for less than 100. I only recommend this because sometimes the bolts might be a bit hard to get off and the stock exhaust off the flanges when you're on small jacks.
Old 08-02-16, 04:38 PM
ninja729
Driver

I do have a question ... will installing all these void my warranty??!!
Old 08-03-16, 09:25 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Originally Posted by ninja729
I do have a question ... will installing all these void my warranty??!!
It will only void the warranty of the part your replacing, Intake and exhaust. It won't void your power train warranty
Old 08-06-16, 03:00 PM
ninja729
Driver

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
It will only void the warranty of the part your replacing, Intake and exhaust. It won't void your power train warranty
are you 100% sure on this? could i get a couple other's inputs. I just dont want to get everything done then go to lexus for my 4 free maintenance to find out nothing is covered anymore lol.
Old 08-07-16, 04:51 PM
ninja729
Driver

up

someone plz confirm lol
Old 08-08-16, 09:13 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

are you 100% sure on this? could i get a couple other's inputs. I just dont want to get everything done then go to lexus for my 4 free maintenance to find out nothing is covered anymore lol.
That's from over 15years of modding experience . I would suggest calling your dealership. Some stealerships are more mod friendly than others
Old 08-08-16, 10:02 AM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is not necessarily true at all. A manufacturer can deny warranty claims any time they want. You would have to fight them on it in court which is $$$. Now they can legally deny warranty claims only when they have reason to believe the damaged/failed part was caused by a performance modification. No, a properly designed intake should not cause an engine failure, but it would not be difficult for engineers at Toyota/Lexus to make the argument an intake contributed to a powertrain failure (such as engine failure), particularly if they were to datalog and find that the intake caused changes to the intake air temperatures or the air fuel ratios (which it presumably would).

If you have an engine failure, it would be wise to just put the stock parts back on the car before taking it to the dealership. It would take all of 15 minutes to put the stock intake on and 60 minutes for a catback.

Mike
Old 08-11-16, 01:00 AM
leo877
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
That is not necessarily true at all. A manufacturer can deny warranty claims any time they want. You would have to fight them on it in court which is $$$. Now they can legally deny warranty claims only when they have reason to believe the damaged/failed part was caused by a performance modification. No, a properly designed intake should not cause an engine failure, but it would not be difficult for engineers at Toyota/Lexus to make the argument an intake contributed to a powertrain failure (such as engine failure), particularly if they were to datalog and find that the intake caused changes to the intake air temperatures or the air fuel ratios (which it presumably would).

If you have an engine failure, it would be wise to just put the stock parts back on the car before taking it to the dealership. It would take all of 15 minutes to put the stock intake on and 60 minutes for a catback.

Mike
I found this very interesting and understand your point of view. That's why I chose Fsport intake and springs. They wouldnt void the warranty since it's the genuine performance part from Lexus. But highly doubt the same thing for exhaust.
Old 08-23-16, 03:32 AM
ninja729
Driver

Hokay so my buddy wanted to charge me like $1100 for both a invidia q300 exhaust and then also a takeda stage 2 intake, on top of $300 for labor and then $450 for the tinting....Needless to say I will not be doing that, Im gonna end up doing what you guys told me and ordering the parts and installing myself. Since the parts are cheaper than where ever he is getting it from. Im just wondering what kinda tools you guys use or tool kits Would love to get a new set of tools so i can do more work too in the future on my car!

Quick Reply: 2014 IS250 F-Sport Clarification