IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Should I get a GS350 or a IS350

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-16, 09:09 AM
EJ255t
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with how tall you are, i'd get the GS350. A lot more space and more comfortable. I think you'll feel squished in the IS. Your wife would enjoy the IS, not sure if you would.

plus, the GS just got a facelift which looks amazin!!
Old 07-11-16, 11:16 AM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonIS
63 yrs old! Hope I'm not offending you but its so true that Lexus is an older age group of people driving them.
Not at all!
My dealer told me that it is the ES that is specially liked by the 'older age group'.
Old 07-11-16, 11:47 AM
Olasek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LeapFrog
I did NOT order ML audio (I'm doing my own upgrade) nor the insanely expensive, out of date, and hard-to-operate Navigation system.
I have no problem with the navigation, plus it is nicely integrated with the rest, audio, etc. Works well for me, I simply could not stand a prospect of running wires through my 'luxurious' cockpit. And had to have the ML after testing it on dealer's lot. It is expensive, sure, but in large scheme of things - it was a chump change for me, I paid more for 2 days of scuba diving in Fiji..
Old 07-11-16, 12:13 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny you guys brought this up as I am currently driving a '14 IS350 F-Sport with Nav and ML.. Rare car, I bought this one out of Oregon and had it shipped out here to NJ.

As far as IS350 vs GS350 F-Sport CPO cars... The IS350s bring about the same money as a GS, which is why I sell 2014 GS350 F-Sports like hotcakes and IS350s are a little tougher to move.
Old 07-11-16, 12:20 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol Olasek whenever I see another 3gen IS on the road its always a person who is 55+ yrs old at least. Then when I go to the dealership for my services its all old people in the waiting room usually.
Old 07-11-16, 12:23 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Lol Olasek whenever I see another 3gen IS on the road its always a person who is 55+ yrs old at least. Then when I go to the dealership for my services its all old people in the waiting room usually.
In So-Cal, most of the owners here are under 50. I believe I read here that the average age of the IS buyers is in the low 40s.
Old 07-11-16, 12:38 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
In So-Cal, most of the owners here are under 50. I believe I read here that the average age of the IS buyers is in the low 40s.
I wouldn't doubt this statistic. In Irvine/Newport, other IS drivers I see are at least 35+ whereas GS/LS drivers are closer to 50+.
Old 07-11-16, 12:50 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rld14
Luxury Package IS350 with Dynamic Cruise and NO Navigation?

That's a Unicorn!
Originally Posted by LeapFrog
That's a special order to do that for this particular configuration.

I think one person could get like the F-Sport car and special order with luxury features if they want some of those in there.

I do like how the cars are purchased in for the JDM market because every car of theirs is special ordered so you get exactly what you want.
Old 07-11-16, 01:17 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It absolutely was a special order car, Lexus does NOT build them this way because if they did us dealers would refuse every one of them.

In our market IS350s were basically built w F-Sport, Navi and Blind Spot Monitor OR with Luxury, Blind Spot Monitor, Nav and 18s
Old 07-11-16, 02:30 PM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AMNss
I'm still stunned here... how is it possible to have all options without nav! , I wonder how much did that lexus cost...
MSRP was $45709 which includes a $925 destination fee. I paid less of course.
Old 07-11-16, 07:22 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
I wouldn't doubt this statistic. In Irvine/Newport, other IS drivers I see are at least 35+ whereas GS/LS drivers are closer to 50+.
Lol I'm 24 yrs old and the wondering thoughts of the older people whenever I go into a Lexus dealership for services are priceless. Work hard, play harder. Right?

That'd be so legit though to special order an IS350 F-Sport and get all the luxury package features as well. I'll try that in 5 years when I'm in the market for another car. Haha
Old 07-11-16, 08:31 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Lol I'm 24 yrs old and the wondering thoughts of the older people whenever I go into a Lexus dealership for services are priceless. Work hard, play harder. Right?

That'd be so legit though to special order an IS350 F-Sport and get all the luxury package features as well. I'll try that in 5 years when I'm in the market for another car. Haha
I know that feeling all too well; happened when I was shopping around (I'm 21). At least Lexus dealers respect people enough not to blow off potential customers from a single glance.

Last edited by MasonGrey; 07-11-16 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-12-16, 04:42 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

you can't. i tried. the f-sport package and the luxury package cannot be combined even if you try to separate the components that make up each respective package.
Old 07-12-16, 05:25 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by davyjordi
you can't. i tried.
I tried that too (on Lexus' website), then my dealer also tried (using their own software) - to no avail. We tried even something a lot less ambitious - to substitute a different wheel design - again no luck.
Old 07-12-16, 05:39 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Olasek
I tried that too (on Lexus' website), then my dealer also tried (using their own software) - to no avail. We tried even something a lot less ambitious - to substitute a different wheel design - again no luck.
yep. i was super annoyed that i couldn't combine them. ultimately, though, i chose the luxury package over the f-sport package and am happy enough with that decision. we'll see what comes next -- something teutonic, perhaps? i really like the understated look of the a/s4 and really love the 2 series.

Quick Reply: Should I get a GS350 or a IS350