IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Fsport fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-16, 10:59 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Phamkq
I wish I took some pics of the fogs inside but like Silveon said, it was at least 6 inches bigger than where you can even place them. Here are pics of the outside covers though; there are huge spacing between the bumper and their black covers
Did the fogs housing supplied with your kit not look anything like these?

http://www.**********.com/product.ph...-FS-C&t=spyder
Old 07-05-16, 11:01 PM
felen310
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iJDMTOY
Our fog lights are designed with the same tabs as the OEM garnish bezel covers. Since the LED fog lights have the LED with projector inside, it does become a bit more weighted than the factory bezel with nothing on it.

We advise our customers to push in the fog lights from the front of the bumper and use their other hand to simultaneously pull the fog light from behind the bumper. This locks the tabs in the fog lamp opening to secure the assembly. Our customers who follow this troubleshoot haven't come back with similar issues.
I'll be ordering these soon, so lets see how it goes
Old 07-05-16, 11:26 PM
Phamkq
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE

They look very similar like that, could be exact. That is the same brand, spyder. But if you see the light unit, it's way bigger than the space provided and not possible to screw in more than ONE SCREW to keep it in place
Old 07-06-16, 01:40 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This looks very similar to the OEM ones. The cover which they took picture off earlier in the thread seems different (little glossy black).
Old 07-06-16, 02:02 AM
Phamkq
Driver

Originally Posted by AMNss
This looks very similar to the OEM ones. The cover which they took picture off earlier in the thread seems different (little glossy black).
I painted it
Old 07-06-16, 09:37 AM
slickster9
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default oh boy....

i just ordered a pair of the spyder auto ones from Josh, we will see how it works out.

Last edited by slickster9; 07-06-16 at 09:38 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 07-06-16, 10:31 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

The Spyder ones I posted pictures of are dead on copies of the OEM JDM ones. The housing and mounting points. The only difference is the wire harness connector. I dont understand what is making the ones you guys have not fitting if they look like the Spyder's I posted earlier.

I have OEM ones.
Here are some pictures of actual OEM ones

and mounted without Shroud on yet

shroud on

Last edited by specONE; 07-06-16 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-06-16, 11:01 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Spyder ones I posted pictures of are dead on copies of the OEM JDM ones. The housing and mounting points. The only difference is the wire harness connector. I dont understand what is making the ones you guys have not fitting if they look like the Spyder's I posted earlier.

I have OEM ones.
Here are some pictures of actual OEM ones

and mounted without Shroud on yet

shroud on
I'm suspecting the installer, since it does have many screws.
Old 07-06-16, 11:45 AM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by felen310
I'll be ordering these soon, so lets see how it goes
We have a forum discount for CL members if you're interested:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...og-lights.html
Old 07-07-16, 02:18 PM
dwz5o4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll never buy IJDMTOY products again. Less than 3 months and one light went out already. Had 2 days left on my warranty and I was told on the phone that I had to troubleshoot the light and take pictures for them and fill a form. Then remove the foglight and send it out to them and have it in their possession in a day and a half. If not, the warranty won't cover it. I then tried to contact them to order a new driver side fog light to replace the broken one. The first time, someone told me that I had to fill out a special order form for it. I did what they said, and never got a response. Then I call again the following week and someone said that they would call me back in the same day, no later than a day after with prices and all. Still no call. I then call for the third time, and someone (sounds like the same guy everytime) puts me on hold and goes and gets the price for me. He then tells me it takes 2 weeks since it's being ordered from overseas. I asked if they warranty the item since I'm buying it brand new. He tells me no. It's considered a spare part so they won't warranty it. They said all spare part sales are final. I'm paying $100 for one light, which is brand new. And it's considered a special order. But no warranty for it. Doesn't sound good at all that they can't back up their product. The fact that I already had one go out makes me skeptical about paying $100 (full price) to pay for another light that they won't even back up with a warranty. NEVER AGAIN. Sorry for the rant. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 07-07-16, 02:42 PM
Phamkq
Driver

Originally Posted by dwz5o4
I'll never buy IJDMTOY products again. Less than 3 months and one light went out already. Had 2 days left on my warranty and I was told on the phone that I had to troubleshoot the light and take pictures for them and fill a form. Then remove the foglight and send it out to them and have it in their possession in a day and a half. If not, the warranty won't cover it. I then tried to contact them to order a new driver side fog light to replace the broken one. The first time, someone told me that I had to fill out a special order form for it. I did what they said, and never got a response. Then I call again the following week and someone said that they would call me back in the same day, no later than a day after with prices and all. Still no call. I then call for the third time, and someone (sounds like the same guy everytime) puts me on hold and goes and gets the price for me. He then tells me it takes 2 weeks since it's being ordered from overseas. I asked if they warranty the item since I'm buying it brand new. He tells me no. It's considered a spare part so they won't warranty it. They said all spare part sales are final. I'm paying $100 for one light, which is brand new. And it's considered a special order. But no warranty for it. Doesn't sound good at all that they can't back up their product. The fact that I already had one go out makes me skeptical about paying $100 (full price) to pay for another light that they won't even back up with a warranty. NEVER AGAIN. Sorry for the rant. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
I agree, nothing about the lights but I have Had issues with their products before. I bought their license plate relocated and after driving from NorCal to SoCal (400 miles) at 80mph at most, when I went to get gas, the frame literally bent about 1 inch.

The product also stands out very a lot in a bad way because it's awkwardly shifted out so much away from the bumper. Stick with grimmspeed license plate relocater, it's worth the extra $40 trust me.
Old 07-07-16, 06:10 PM
Sgshap06
Driver School Candidate

I currently have the DTmoto fog lights and am unhappy with the light output. Would I be able to use the ijdmtoy kit with the harness the DTmoto kit came with? I'm assuming I'll I need to do is splice the plug onto ijdmtoy kit and bolt the new ones up since everything else is pre wired..
Old 07-07-16, 07:58 PM
Stevent
Driver

Originally Posted by Sgshap06
I currently have the DTmoto fog lights and am unhappy with the light output. Would I be able to use the ijdmtoy kit with the harness the DTmoto kit came with? I'm assuming I'll I need to do is splice the plug onto ijdmtoy kit and bolt the new ones up since everything else is pre wired..
are the output really low or is it just not focus so the light shines everywhere?

Im am looking for foglights myself...debating between the two fog lights.

also...anyone else here able to find pre existing cables for the fog lights as mentioned in this thread? I was unable to find any.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ers-diy-3.html

Last edited by Stevent; 07-07-16 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-07-16, 10:25 PM
Stevent
Driver

Was just thinking since so many of us are so interested in the fog lights right now.... Maybe we can convince someone to start a group buy for the oem one hehe
Old 07-07-16, 10:49 PM
Phamkq
Driver

Very low output when I tried it out at night. It's not very bright but at the same time, it's $180 compared to OEM pricing at like $600

Quick Reply: Fsport fog lights