IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Ijdmtoy foglights

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-16, 02:26 PM
smt6
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics...probably will trying and go to the store they have next week to discuss in person...not sure how active they are on forums

Name:  77B9A9D0-3FEC-4210-86BE-8FDECFADF4DD_zps4ggw3qu0.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  307.9 KB

Name:  A5663BE9-EDD1-48CB-9E74-392A17BA7323_zpskerwlpqc.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  109.4 KB
Old 07-09-16, 06:42 PM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smt6
Pics...probably will trying and go to the store they have next week to discuss in person...not sure how active they are on forums

Let's us know how it works out for you!
Old 07-10-16, 11:45 AM
DENNiiEE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mines for about couple months no problems with them so far. Maybe its the new batch that they made.
Old 07-11-16, 09:37 AM
dwz5o4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by L0ngJ0hn
Thanks for sharing this
NP. Just thought I'd throw out my personal experience. Probably one of the worst customer services I've dealt with in a long time.
Old 07-11-16, 04:14 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like a lot of mixed reviews - I had mines about year - and no issues after the last revision they did about a year ago. Few of my friends out here have them too and no problems. For the price over JDM i would recommend it.
Old 07-11-16, 04:19 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am so sorry about the inconvenience regarding the LED fog lights. The fog lights can be properly secured into the fog lamp opening by simultaneously pushing the assembly in with one hand from the front of the bumper and pulling the tabs in from the other side of the bumper with your other hand. Once the fog light assembly is correctly locked into the location, there should be no issues with the assembly falling out while you are driving.

However, if you do come by our storefront, we can help you out. Please ask for Johnny and he will assist in making this right for you as well as provide a couple of installation tips to make sure this does not happen again.

If you have any other questions, you can also PM me directly.

Last edited by iJDMTOY; 07-11-16 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-11-16, 04:46 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dwz5o4
I'll never buy IJDMTOY products again. Less than 3 months and one light went out already. Had 2 days left on my warranty and I was told on the phone that I had to troubleshoot the light and take pictures for them and fill a form. Then remove the foglight and send it out to them and have it in their possession in a day and a half. If not, the warranty won't cover it. I then tried to contact them to order a new driver side fog light to replace the broken one. The first time, someone told me that I had to fill out a special order form for it. I did what they said, and never got a response. Then I call again the following week and someone said that they would call me back in the same day, no later than a day after with prices and all. Still no call. I then call for the third time, and someone (sounds like the same guy everytime) puts me on hold and goes and gets the price for me. He then tells me it takes 2 weeks since it's being ordered from overseas. I asked if they warranty the item since I'm buying it brand new. He tells me no. It's considered a spare part so they won't warranty it. They said all spare part sales are final. I'm paying $100 for one light, which is brand new. And it's considered a special order. But no warranty for it. Doesn't sound good at all that they can't back up their product. The fact that I already had one go out makes me skeptical about paying $100 (full price) to pay for another light that they won't even back up with a warranty. NEVER AGAIN. Sorry for the rant. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
I apologize for the unfavorable experience you've had with our company. Our records indicate that the fog lights were purchased on 3/1/2016, and our sales rep extended the warranty for you as a courtesy on 6/6/2016 (around 5 extra days). We were waiting around 3 weeks for your completed RMA form in order to proceed with the RMA warranty replacement claim.

After that, we received contact on 6/27 for spare part inquiry and have sent you a form regarding spare part purchase.

If you have any questions regarding warranty or spare parts, you can PM me and I would be happy to assist you.
Old 07-12-16, 11:45 AM
smt6
Driver

Originally Posted by iJDMTOY
I am so sorry about the inconvenience regarding the LED fog lights. The fog lights can be properly secured into the fog lamp opening by simultaneously pushing the assembly in with one hand from the front of the bumper and pulling the tabs in from the other side of the bumper with your other hand. Once the fog light assembly is correctly locked into the location, there should be no issues with the assembly falling out while you are driving.

However, if you do come by our storefront, we can help you out. Please ask for Johnny and he will assist in making this right for you as well as provide a couple of installation tips to make sure this does not happen again.

If you have any other questions, you can also PM me directly.
Thanks for the response. I will be by on Wednesday morning.
Old 07-13-16, 08:00 AM
dwz5o4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iJDMTOY
I apologize for the unfavorable experience you've had with our company. Our records indicate that the fog lights were purchased on 3/1/2016, and our sales rep extended the warranty for you as a courtesy on 6/6/2016 (around 5 extra days). We were waiting around 3 weeks for your completed RMA form in order to proceed with the RMA warranty replacement claim.

After that, we received contact on 6/27 for spare part inquiry and have sent you a form regarding spare part purchase.

If you have any questions regarding warranty or spare parts, you can PM me and I would be happy to assist you.
Your "sales rep" never told me anything about an extended warranty. He specifically told me that I had to test it, take pics, then uninstall and send it off and have it to him in 2 days. I remember this clearly because right after he said that he asked me, "Do you think you can get it here by then." Don't try to twist the story. The RMA was made because one day the light wasn't working. Next thing you know it was working again and it stayed on for a few weeks. Then stopped working completely... And I have contacted your company regarding warranty and spare parts already. It's all in the initial post I made. And when I asked your employee about the price, he came back after putting me on hold a couple times and literally said, "Hmmm... The fog lights run about 180 for a new kit (paused a minute to do his calculations) so I GUESS half of that plus shipping... so it will be $97 for a new one but we have to special order it. And that would have to take at least a couple of weeks because it comes from overseas." There wasn't even a price that "he can go find out for me". He figured out a price on the phone with me and just gave it to me. Took me 3 phone calls to get a price. Then I find out you try to charge me full price for one light, which is brand new, and can't warranty it.
Old 07-13-16, 08:05 AM
dwz5o4
Driver School Candidate

Oh and let me add... I told the guy, "So if I make a special order for this one fog light and you're not going to warranty it and it goes out a day, a week, or a month after I receive it, I'm pretty much screwed...".........He paused for a minute and said, "Yes. You are correct." I just shook my head and hung up the phone.
Old 07-13-16, 09:13 AM
Mike200T
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It wasn't the F Sport ones but I did get and install the iJDM fogs last weekend. It was pretty easy and they work great ...

Name:  20160709_190625_zps1ypogjjj.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  314.2 KB
Name:  20160709_205718_zpsrzoqyvvt.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  399.8 KB
Old 07-13-16, 09:28 AM
slickster9
Pole Position

Default looks sharp

im not a fan of the yellow myself, but they do add a nice touch. great look mike
Old 07-14-16, 04:04 PM
smt6
Driver

To report back in...I went to the store this afternoon and spoke with Johnny. Didn't bring my correct receipt. Johnny still honored it and stood behind the product. Although I was inconvenienced and a bit embarrassed to have a fog fall off on road, it was righted as far as I am concerned. The other products I have been running seem to be quality and I will likely be a return customer once more.
Old 07-15-16, 09:23 AM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike200T
It wasn't the F Sport ones but I did get and install the iJDM fogs last weekend. It was pretty easy and they work great ...
Great look! Thanks for the vouch

To report back in...I went to the store this afternoon and spoke with Johnny. Didn't bring my correct receipt. Johnny still honored it and stood behind the product. Although I was inconvenienced and a bit embarrassed to have a fog fall off on road, it was righted as far as I am concerned. The other products I have been running seem to be quality and I will likely be a return customer once more.
Thanks for dropping by and letting us make this right for you. Will pass on the good word to Johnny.
Old 09-26-16, 09:42 AM
Felix3IS
Driver School Candidate

I'm assuming that you had them installed already. Could I get some input on how the DTMoto fogs are holding up? How was the installation and fitment?
Originally Posted by mangoman75
i picked up a set last week when ebay was having 20 off promotion... selling site said 1500 lumens.. but we'll see how good they are..

Quick Reply: Ijdmtoy foglights