Ijdmtoy foglights

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-16, 10:49 AM
Ray20213
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Yea

Originally Posted by mangoman75
i picked up a set last week when ebay was having 20 off promotion... selling site said 1500 lumens.. but we'll see how good they are..
Thanx for the info please post pics and info on how the install was im very interested
Old 06-29-16, 09:03 AM
mangoman75
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray20213
Thanx for the info please post pics and info on how the install was im very interested
will do.. but i'll probably install it through a professional since i don't have time or a garage to do it..
Old 06-29-16, 10:54 AM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi guys, sorry that some of you are having trouble with our LED fog lights. Please take into consideration that these fog lights are not just the garnish cover, but have a pretty substantial LED inside that increases the weight.

We advise customers to pull in the tabs from the back with one hand and to use their other hand to simultaneously push in the fog lights from the front to fully lock and secure the tabs. We haven't had any more issues with customers who have tried this method of securing the fog lights.

If you have any questions or comments, you can PM me directly and i'll help you guys out.
Old 06-29-16, 12:52 PM
Ray20213
Lead Lap

Default Yes

Originally Posted by mangoman75
will do.. but i'll probably install it through a professional since i don't have time or a garage to do it..
I understand completely I'm actually pretty handy when it comes to different things and doing stuff myself on my car ,,,but I'm in the same boat you are I don't have very many tools anymore and I downsized over the years and I just have a small apartment LOL So yeah please let me know that would be great thank you
Old 07-05-16, 09:56 PM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read in the instructions that the fog lights tap into the drl wires... Would they stay on all the time as long as the drls are on?

Is it possible to connect it to the drl so u can turn it on and off with the drl but the fog lights will only have power when the headlights are on? (Hopefully I explained my question correctly)
Old 07-06-16, 03:20 AM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I have these lights and they only come on with the headlights. Your DRL lights operate as usual and the fogs remain off
Old 07-06-16, 07:07 AM
Stevent
Driver

Originally Posted by Napalvr
I have these lights and they only come on with the headlights. Your DRL lights operate as usual and the fogs remain off
When the head lights are on... Can you turn them off by turning off the drl? Also did u wire your fogs differently then the instructions? Thanks in Advance.
Old 07-06-16, 09:47 AM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I wired them per the ijdmtoy instructions. Yes they will turn off if the DRL is in the off position
Old 07-06-16, 10:19 AM
Stevent
Driver

Originally Posted by Napalvr
I wired them per the ijdmtoy instructions. Yes they will turn off if the DRL is in the off position
Thanks again! =]
Old 07-07-16, 02:21 PM
dwz5o4
Driver School Candidate

I'll never buy IJDMTOY products again. Less than 3 months and one light went out already. Had 2 days left on my warranty and I was told on the phone that I had to troubleshoot the light and take pictures for them and fill a form. Then remove the foglight and send it out to them and have it in their possession in a day and a half. If not, the warranty won't cover it. I then tried to contact them to order a new driver side fog light to replace the broken one. The first time, someone told me that I had to fill out a special order form for it. I did what they said, and never got a response. Then I call again the following week and someone said that they would call me back in the same day, no later than a day after with prices and all. Still no call. I then call for the third time, and someone (sounds like the same guy everytime) puts me on hold and goes and gets the price for me. He then tells me it takes 2 weeks since it's being ordered from overseas. I asked if they warranty the item since I'm buying it brand new. He tells me no. It's considered a spare part so they won't warranty it. They said all spare part sales are final. I'm paying $100 for one light, which is brand new. And it's considered a special order. But no warranty for it. Doesn't sound good at all that they can't back up their product. The fact that I already had one go out makes me skeptical about paying $100 (full price) to pay for another light that they won't even back up with a warranty. NEVER AGAIN. Sorry for the rant. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 07-07-16, 08:52 PM
Ray20213
Lead Lap

Wow thats really bad! At the very least they should back of their product ..... Thanks for the info I have to admit I'm very sorry to hear about this because I was planning to make this my next modification but after hearing this I don't think I'm going to go through with it
Old 07-07-16, 08:55 PM
Stevent
Driver

Originally Posted by dwz5o4
I'll never buy IJDMTOY products again. Less than 3 months and one light went out already. Had 2 days left on my warranty and I was told on the phone that I had to troubleshoot the light and take pictures for them and fill a form. Then remove the foglight and send it out to them and have it in their possession in a day and a half. If not, the warranty won't cover it. I then tried to contact them to order a new driver side fog light to replace the broken one. The first time, someone told me that I had to fill out a special order form for it. I did what they said, and never got a response. Then I call again the following week and someone said that they would call me back in the same day, no later than a day after with prices and all. Still no call. I then call for the third time, and someone (sounds like the same guy everytime) puts me on hold and goes and gets the price for me. He then tells me it takes 2 weeks since it's being ordered from overseas. I asked if they warranty the item since I'm buying it brand new. He tells me no. It's considered a spare part so they won't warranty it. They said all spare part sales are final. I'm paying $100 for one light, which is brand new. And it's considered a special order. But no warranty for it. Doesn't sound good at all that they can't back up their product. The fact that I already had one go out makes me skeptical about paying $100 (full price) to pay for another light that they won't even back up with a warranty. NEVER AGAIN. Sorry for the rant. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
So they couldn't replace it under warranty and u had to buy a replacement? Dang.... I was leaning towards buying these fog lights too. Maybe if they increase the warranty to one year it would be better. Guess it's best to go with oem.
Old 07-08-16, 11:06 AM
dwz5o4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stevent
So they couldn't replace it under warranty and u had to buy a replacement? Dang.... I was leaning towards buying these fog lights too. Maybe if they increase the warranty to one year it would be better. Guess it's best to go with oem.
Yeah... You'd think they warranty LED's for a year or something like that. Maybe they know their product's lifespan isn't consistent or something. I don't know. My last purchase from them, though. Gonna try to fix it myself now.
Old 07-08-16, 08:39 PM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dwz5o4
Thanks for sharing this
Old 07-09-16, 01:02 PM
smt6
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well this blows. Installed professionally couple weeks ago by highly reputable shop in SoCal. Third day driving car. Someone was driving next to me waving. Here I am thinking they like the car. Entire fog assembly hanging off car. Bouncing off ground. Lens ****ed. Cover trashed. Getting to work now, pics in a couple of hours. Driver side fog of course.

Quick Reply: Ijdmtoy foglights