IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Got my windshield tinted!!! Crystalline 3M 70%

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-16, 06:32 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
i have my windshield tinted with crystalline as well -- 90%. it's not legal in california, but it's so light that it's nearly imperceptible.
Got you! 90% was too clear for me, so I went with 70%
Old 06-21-16, 06:35 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SceneAmati
Looks good!

I have 50% on mine.
Damn! That's what I wanted to do, but was worried it would be too dark!
Old 06-21-16, 06:36 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Dayumm thats dark! Looks good!

-Josh
Believe me! I wanted to go darker with 50%. Loving the 70%
Old 06-21-16, 07:40 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by EJ255t
Technically, you cant have any tint on the front windows. I spoke to CHP officer a little over a year ago regarding front window tints, he told me if they can see your face through the tint, then they wont stop you.

I had my 3IS tinted in San Jose. 35%F--5%R and i love it!! especially in the summer!!!!
You mind sharing what tinting company you got your's done at? I also live in San Jose.

How was the job overall? Any water streaks or air bubbles after the job?
Old 06-21-16, 09:45 PM
FSportLexx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine done a few weeks ago. 50% windshield and 20% on all the other windows and I am loving it.
Old 06-22-16, 11:33 AM
xTahoe
Driver School Candidate

looks good!
I wanna tint my windshield too, but it's illegal in my state, and I don't wanna deal with the potential hassle cops would give about the tint
Old 06-22-16, 01:35 PM
EJ255t
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
You mind sharing what tinting company you got your's done at? I also live in San Jose.

How was the job overall? Any water streaks or air bubbles after the job?

i had my windows tinted at 02 creations, i think they just moved to a new location so look into that. no bubbles, or streaks!! nothing!!! they did my tint in about 1.5 hours!! quick!!!!!!

owner is name michael, really cool guy.
Old 06-22-16, 07:46 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Windshield are easy to crack so your tint will be a loss when it cracks. For some reason 3IS windshields are very fragile. Mine cracked after 3 yrs.
Agreed. Not worth the money in my opinion. I've had my windshield replaced twice already...
Old 06-22-16, 08:16 PM
Noofie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ceramic pro paint coating does that work good? how much did you pay? because I'm thinking about doing the to my IS
Old 06-23-16, 03:00 PM
laovo
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
If you're in the Los Angeles area I can give you a name of the shop that I've been going to for 18 years and I have never had a lot of bubbles I've had a few minor ones but very few bubbles at all if it's done right. Place I go to does all the dealers up-and-down the auto row out here in the valley, San Fernando Valley that is. So if you're in LA I can give you name of the place I go to which is in Sherman Oaks I and I highly recommend them. I think they've been in business for over 30 years in the same location
Hey what's the place called? I live in the valley and am looking for a place to tint my windows
Old 06-25-16, 04:54 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Noofie
ceramic pro paint coating does that work good? how much did you pay? because I'm thinking about doing the to my IS
Prices vary by state & your local authorized dealer/detailer. My detail was $250 plus the Ceramic Pro light was $250. If I wanted the Ceramic Pro 9H, it would've been a whole lot more!
Old 06-25-16, 09:05 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
Not legal! I wanted to have it done regardless
You must still be pretty young (hopefully that's your Excuse), cause after several tickets & your insurance rates going up you'll change your way of thinking Hopefully, when you DO get pulled over & you will, you don't ever have an open container or Anything Else illegal in your car
Old 06-26-16, 05:05 PM
syntxerr
Driver School Candidate

So how's this work at night? My first car was a RIDICULOUS 98 Eclipse... the guy who had it before me had it all blacked out, with a 30% tint on everything except the windshield. I honestly didn't even know tinting windshields was a thing; I feel like this would make driving at night a little tough.
Old 06-27-16, 11:33 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
You must still be pretty young (hopefully that's your Excuse), cause after several tickets & your insurance rates going up you'll change your way of thinking Hopefully, when you DO get pulled over & you will, you don't ever have an open container or Anything Else illegal in your car
I am young!! I guess I've been lucky enough that I have not been pulled over for anything! I don't speed or do anything that gets their attention!
Old 06-27-16, 11:34 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by syntxerr
So how's this work at night? My first car was a RIDICULOUS 98 Eclipse... the guy who had it before me had it all blacked out, with a 30% tint on everything except the windshield. I honestly didn't even know tinting windshields was a thing; I feel like this would make driving at night a little tough.
No difference at all! It's only a 70% tint, so it's not like the windshield is that dark!

Quick Reply: Got my windshield tinted!!! Crystalline 3M 70%